Interesting barrel length observation on S/A pistols

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
On another forum there was a topic about how a semi auto pistol with say a 5 inch barrel doesn't really have a 5 inch barrel because they count the chamber length in with over all barrel length, and they don't do this on revolvers. So, I went and got on of my 1911's that has a 5 inch barrel and measured it. Sure enough not counting the chamber, I only had little more than a 4 inch barrel! The booklet that came with it says it has a 5 inch barrel. I didn't know this. Should I be mad? Irked? Peeved?

On another forum there was a topic about how a semi auto pistol with say a 5 inch barrel doesn't really have a 5 inch barrel because they count the chamber length in with over all barrel length, and they don't do this on revolvers. So, I went and got on of my 1911's that has a 5 inch barrel and measured it. Sure enough not counting the chamber, I only had little more than a 4 inch barrel! The booklet that came with it says it has a 5 inch barrel. I didn't know this. Should I be mad? Irked? Peeved?
Irate.

5 inches is what the cards dealt gave you. Stick to the "size does not matter" line.

• Banned
5 inches is what the cards dealt gave you. Stick to the "size does not matter" line.
BUT I ONLY GOT 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I been telling people it's five inches, but what happens when someones sees it!??????????????????????

Stop being selfish and be happy. At least your gun is longer than your dick.

• Banned
Can't keep a secret huh?

When I saw "SA" I thought "Single Action". :dunno:

My pistol has a 4-inch barrel, disregarding the space in the cylinders.

I was considering one of those cap-and-ball things with an 8-inch barrel. What say yall?

• Banned
When I saw "SA" I thought "Single Action". :dunno:

My pistol has a 4-inch barrel, disregarding the space in the cylinders.

I was considering one of those cap-and-ball things with an 8-inch barrel. What say yall?
Semi Auto! :) Never had a cap and ball gun.

Can't keep a secret huh?
Too late. I was told by someone you dont even know so I'm sure more people than me know.

/——/ It’s not how big but how you use it....

/——/ It’s not how big but how you use it....
I tell you, I get no respect...

Can't keep a secret huh?
Too late. I was told by someone you dont even know so I'm sure more people than me know.
This is how stupid you are. Someone I don't even know! Pants up, don't loot.

Anyway, this is for real for anyone interested.

Can't keep a secret huh?
See how stupid you are? That means someone you know told someone you dont know and they told me.

Can't keep a secret huh?
See how stupid you are? That means someone you know told someone you dont know and they told me.
So the dick measuring nigga tells all

Hmmmm....my FNX .45 measures right at 5.3 as the manual states.

Can't keep a secret huh?
So the dick measuring nigga tells all
I've never measured your dick lice head. I dont own a micrometer.

Hmmmm....my FNX .45 measures right at 5.3 as the manual states.

I take that back.
They do apparently measure from the back of the breach.

The way things are measured is often bastardized to become standard. As an example, lumber. I think you will find that a 2X4 isn’t. It isn’t alone, all the lumber measurements are standardized and not what they are claimed to be.

As to how you are supposed to feel. I am afraid that is something you must figure out yourself.

New Topics

Forum List

Back