Interest rates are going up. Could be the pin prick that pops that bubble

Rising rates will slow growth and we ll see a potential downfall in 2020...just in time for the election. The Fed has gone nuts.

But then if they keep things rising, it'll be worse for the country.

Why should politics come before people being able to live? Is that nuts?

You tell me. I think the rates are rising too quickly.

Are they rising too quickly for your interests, or are they rising too quickly for the interests of the country?

The problem with the US is that boom and bust is enriching the already rich and killing the poor.

To have the second largest recession ever at a time when people understand economics better than ever, is ridiculous. Surely recessions should be getting less bad, not worse.

It seems like it's an actual policy.

7 million people lost their homes in the last recession. Not one of them was one of the people who make the policies.

Some rich people gained billions of dollars speculating.

I live in America. They are rising too quickly for all of us.

Really? How is that?

Which would you prefer? A massive recession brought about by policies designed for NOW, NOW, NOW, or a stifling of the economy so that the recession in the future isn't so bad?

Essentially you're talking about having a sugar rush, I'm talking about eating fruit.

Personally I think the most important numbers are 4 and 6. If the 10 year note goes to 4%, and mortgage rates go to 6% then that could be the bubble popper. Below that and I think we'll be OK.

go ahead & admit; your ass is getting chaffed at the thought of that bubble popping on Trump's watch.

well, it will; just give it a bit-O-time

Rising rates will slow growth and we ll see a potential downfall in 2020...just in time for the election. The Fed has gone nuts.

Are they rising too quickly for your interests, or are they rising too quickly for the interests of the country?

The problem with the US is that boom and bust is enriching the already rich and killing the poor.

To have the second largest recession ever at a time when people understand economics better than ever, is ridiculous. Surely recessions should be getting less bad, not worse.

7 million people lost their homes in the last recession. Not one of them was one of the people who make the policies.

Really? How is that?

Which would you prefer? A massive recession brought about by policies designed for NOW, NOW, NOW, or a stifling of the economy so that the recession in the future isn't so bad?

Essentially you're talking about having a sugar rush, I'm talking about eating fruit.

I am Saying have them rise more slowly. Or borrowing will decline. As cost of debt goes up and eclipses growth you have a slowdown.

Really? How is that?

I am Saying have them rise more slowly. Or borrowing will decline. As cost of debt goes up and eclipses growth you have a slowdown.

And a slowdown is bad how?

It's going to happen at some point. You can have a gentle slowdown which allows people to prepare, allows people not to buy a house they won't be able to afford when the big recession hits.

Basically you can either have the slowdown now, or as part of a much larger recession.

The Chinese have been trying to slow their economy down for ages now. It's working.

Really? How is that?

It's going to happen at some point. You can have a gentle slowdown which allows people to prepare, allows people not to buy a house they won't be able to afford when the big recession hits.

Basically you can either have the slowdown now, or as part of a much larger recession.

The Chinese have been trying to slow their economy down for ages now. It's working.

I think The increase should be slower. We are on the same page otherwise.

Personally I think the most important numbers are 4 and 6. If the 10 year note goes to 4%, and mortgage rates go to 6% then that could be the bubble popper. Below that and I think we'll be OK.

I tend to be agnostic on your position would you expand your reasoning on your reasoning because there is a lot more renting than home buying in a strange shift and retirees will gobble up 6% US bonds in a heart beat.

By my calculation, even a 5 percent rate hike adds a trillion Federal Reserve Notes per year to the growing deficit. Or roughly thereabout. That's about 200 billion Federal Reserve Notes per 1 percent increase on the interest rates. Spending is up about 7 percent and revenue has gone up a whole 1 percent in this so-called booming economy, so this isn't helping the deficit.

They aren't going to have any control over it, and the market will have to respond to reflect the truth of the matter.

In the summer of 2016, the 10 year bond was sitting at 1.3 percent. Now it's over 3 percent. That's a big jump percentage wise. So, we've already been observing rate hikes, irrelevant of any prospective rate hikes to come.

This is pointed more toward the market folk, Toddster, Mack, and kind.

What say you? I'm calling a bust sooner than later, I think thta interest rate hikes are likely going to be the pin prick which finally does it.

Rising rates slows money growth, not increases it.

Federal Reserve notes are not added to the deficit.

Problem being that much of the monetary predicament we're in has, to a great extent, been caused by the people who'll be looked to, once again, to bail out the world: the Fed.....It's their fiat funny money that is the root of all the debt.

Really? How is that?

I think The increase should be slower. We are on the same page otherwise.

Potentially, however maybe the rise has been too quick and they're getting nervous. Hard to know whether economists are doing this for their own reasons or for the benefit of the country the same as how everyone else thinks.

By my calculation, even a 5 percent rate hike adds a trillion Federal Reserve Notes per year to the growing deficit. Or roughly thereabout. That's about 200 billion Federal Reserve Notes per 1 percent increase on the interest rates. Spending is up about 7 percent and revenue has gone up a whole 1 percent in this so-called booming economy, so this isn't helping the deficit.

They aren't going to have any control over it, and the market will have to respond to reflect the truth of the matter.

In the summer of 2016, the 10 year bond was sitting at 1.3 percent. Now it's over 3 percent. That's a big jump percentage wise. So, we've already been observing rate hikes, irrelevant of any prospective rate hikes to come.

What say you? I'm calling a bust sooner than later, I think thta interest rate hikes are likely going to be the pin prick which finally does it.

By my calculation, even a 5 percent rate hike adds a trillion Federal Reserve Notes per year to the growing deficit.

Yes. But why would rates be hiked 5% from here?

That's about 200 billion Federal Reserve Notes per 1 percent increase on the interest rates.

It takes a while for that 1% hike to work it's way through the outstanding debt.
If you bought a 10 year Treasury at 3% and rates go up 1%, it takes 10 years for that debt to be rolled over.

Rising rates slows money growth, not increases it.

I think that's just his clunky way of saying increases the debt.

go ahead & admit; your ass is getting chaffed at the thought of that bubble popping on Trump's watch.

well, it will; just give it a bit-O-time
Those are the interest rate levels I think will be significant for the markets. JMO. In the real world everything is not about Trump, this thread is an example.

but

The deep state runs the Fed.

They know that to destroy Trump, all they have to do is destroy the economy.

It's not hard to do when you can pull all the strings.

JFK wrote Executive Order 1110 to do away with the Fed, but then he went to Dallas..................

Forum List

Back