Interactions With Fame

We could up the ante and list what famous people we got drunk with.

I only got drunk with some snowboarder with a transplanted liver. That's not a joke. I don't even remember his name but I have his book around here somewhere.

do you had to have gotten drunk with them? or could you have just had a drink with them?

I know someone who got high with both jerry garcia and clarence clemens, though. ;)

Having a drink sounds OK to me.

Hadn't thought about who I may have been in the rotation with. That probably adds a couple more semi famous musicians. But I wouldn't tell.

I only got drunk with some snowboarder with a transplanted liver. That's not a joke. I don't even remember his name but I have his book around here somewhere.

I had a few drinks with Mick Fleetwood, but I was pretty buzzed already. He had played a show with his band (this was around 92 maybe) at a small place in Indy. He went to another dive bar after the show with his band mates. He invited my friend and I to sit and have some drinks with him. He was very nice and funny!

Having a drink sounds OK to me.

Hadn't thought about who I may have been in the rotation with. That probably adds a couple more semi famous musicians. But I wouldn't tell.

nothing wrong with semi-famous musicians. ;)

I had a drink with Billy Joel at a fundraiser for the baymen after he got arrested with them. he spent about 40 minutes complaining about lawyers, his former brother in law, and corruption. i don't think i got a word in. lol.. .

my brush with coolness! heh...

Billy Joel would be right up there on my list of guys to have a drink with. I'd love to burn one with Jackson Browne.

One of Steve Earle's daughters is a good friend of mine, lives around the block. He doesn't have anything to do with her and she pretty much hates his guts for that.

I'd have to get Rod on here for all the "Who'd you get drunk with" parts. He's partied with John Denver, Bob Luman, Mick Jagger and others. I can't remember all of his adventures.

Billy Joel would be right up there on my list of guys to have a drink with. I'd love to burn one with Jackson Browne.

One of Steve Earle's daughters is a good friend of mine, lives around the block. He doesn't have anything to do with her and she pretty much hates his guts for that.

He was very cool. And Jackson Brown is one of my very early loves. I wouldn't have minded hanging with him. But number one celeb i'd like to hang with is springsteen. *sigh*. ;o(

I hate stories like the steve earle one. i don't know how people abandon their kids.

Does Carrie know? :lol:

She will when I throw the knapsack over her head (just imagine the scene from Borat, ok?).

I saw Clinton speak at a seminar, along with Lance Armstrong and a bunch of other people. I'd have loved to have met him.

Which reminds me, I shook hands with James Earl Jones after he spoke here at the university. That's right, I shook hands with (the voice of) Darth Vader. :cool:

She will when I throw the knapsack over her head (just imagine the scene from Borat, ok?).

:eek:

Which reminds me, I shook hands with James Earl Jones after he spoke here at the university. That's right, I shook hands with (the voice of) Darth Vader. :cool:

now THAT'S cool! I actually know someone who took a light saber with him when he took the bar exam. he said the force would be with him. lol..

Let's see...I forgot a couple:

Nick Nolte in a bar in DC (he was drinking in a bathrobe and slippers).
Janet Reno in the local airport here.

Had drinks for hours with the blue man group (out of make up)...cool as fuck.

I've met a lot of political figures (mayors of major cities, senators and such, but I don't really consider them "famous"). I've sat by the local congresscritter several times when i was upgraded into first class over the years.

Rod Stewart (In NYC, very nice man)
Book em danno Jack Lord (In Hawaii at a Policemen's Ball, got a lot of time with him)
Denny Terrio (hung around with him before Sat. Night Fever days
Erik Estrada (NYC fund raising dinner, he was a total arogant fuck. His date was awful too. He sat across from me)
Biden (puke)

My brother played b-ball with Sir-Mix-A-Lot back when he was famous ... though didn't realize it until a few days later because he was a grunger ...

Politicians are just people. Most I've known and have been acquainted with or met are not what I would consider in the fame category.

Uh.. That was sarcasm.. I couldn't give a rats patootie about them, or meeting them. :)
Some I know and have met are pretty decent people. Yet they could probably give a "rats potootie" about you either.... :lol:

I'm guessing most shifty politicians are a good deal less fun than Sebastian Bach back in his heyday. :)

You people have met a bunch of lame ass "famous" people.

1. Bill Clinton (three times - once as governor of Arkansas, once as President, once after President)
2. Morgan Freeman
3. Brandon Boyd (lead singer of Incubus)
4. Carrie Underwood (my future wife)
5. Darren McFadden (NFL player)
6. Loretta Lynn
7. Johnny Cash
8. Joaquin Phoenix
9. Reese Witherspoon

You met Bubba, Morgan Freeman, and the Man in Black?

Damn..:cool:

Forum List

Back