Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

No study needed to conclude..

LIBERALISM is a Mental disorder..

we see it daily on this board.

:lol:

r-RACISM-IQ-large570.jpg

By Rebecca Searles

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes.

The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., or intelligence quotient, is a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists.

Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told LiveScience.

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments.

"Reality is complicated and messy," he told The Huffington Post in an email. "Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience

The RED bible thumping states usually rank high in poverty and low in education and average per capita income.

r-RACISM-IQ-large570.jpg

By Rebecca Searles

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes.

The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., or intelligence quotient, is a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists.

Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told LiveScience.

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments.

"Reality is complicated and messy," he told The Huffington Post in an email. "Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience

The RED bible thumping states usually rank high in poverty and low in education and average per capita income.

typical high brow low tolerant liberal remark

This from Lakhota...the guy who automatically blames the right for eveyrthing....recall the bomb in the owsers issues ?

What is so funny is that in 2006, the dems took back the house and senate. In 2008, they buried the GOP. Hope and Change along with a supermajority.

The pundits were saying it would take a decade for the GOP to even become relevant.

TWO YEARS later....just two years....the dems provide Sean Hannity with enough glee that he probably had an on - air orgasm just watching the dems drop.

In 2009, mid year there was talk of losses in the house...then it might appear the dems would lose the house. Who would have thought.

Yes, those smart liberals who could not give us a good alternative GWB (and I would have loved to see one) finally got their wish and TWO YEARS later....those same smart guys gave it up.

The only thing that saved the senate was that the GOP is still a mess. Look at the candidates from DE and NV. Had the GOP put forth better people, the senate would have been ours.

The GOP is still a mess....but it looks like the senate swings in 2012....

And despite the lack of a good candidate....the WH is in play.

I wish more liberals would get involved....at this rate those smart guys are going to make it so that all 50 state houses will belong to the GOP too.

Keep up the good work: Smart Guys.

You are correct.

What I don't get is why you idiots won't adhere to a states power model. All the Blue States like CA will flourish while the Red States will starve and die. Then there will be no more conservatives.

Easy Peasy.

Get a clue.

I wonder how much of our hard earned money was spent by this bigot to prove to himself that his hate was legitimate?

good lord, how the hell did any of us ever get out of HS let alone get any degree on the planet?

The fact that leftist fall for this bigotry just goes to show how sheep like they really are.

The studies aren't saying that conservatives are particularly dumb. They simply indicate that, on average, liberals are smarter.

And yet real interaction with both groups indicates that that the study is very wrong.

r-RACISM-IQ-large570.jpg

By Rebecca Searles

intelligent people would have read this the first 40 or 50 times some idiot posted it here. then they would have realized that it's science in the sense that phrenology is.

oh, well

You are correct.

What I don't get is why you idiots won't adhere to a states power model. All the Blue States like CA will flourish while the Red States will starve and die. Then there will be no more conservatives.

Easy Peasy.

Get a clue.

And disempower their overlords in Washington? Perish the thought.

Besides, allowing states to do their own thing would demonstrate the weakness of their idealogy.

intelligent people would have read this the first 40 or 50 times some idiot posted it here. then they would have realized that it's science in the sense that phrenology is.

oh, well

You really think it might be that credible?

You are correct.

Easy Peasy.

Get a clue.

Besides, allowing states to do their own thing would demonstrate the weakness of their idealogy.

The lower end of the income scale belongs to what party (I won't even get into race).

But they are smarter ?

Or is it just liberals ? Oh wait...they believe the same things.

You are correct.

Easy Peasy.

Get a clue.

The lower end of the income scale belongs to what party (I won't even get into race).

But they are smarter ?

It's about that bible thumping and pro life thing. About 30% of the eligible voters go to the polls and cast votes which support corporations and millionaires because of their social and cultural leanings. That's a fact.

Last edited:

But they are smarter ?

It's about that bible thumping and pro life thing. About 30% of the eligible voters go to the polls and cast votes which support corporations and millionaires because of their social and cultural leanings. That's a fact.

And a bunch of people vote for people who promise them free money. Which leanings are those ?

Seems to me that if principle matters....well, you'd have to look up what that means.

But they are smarter ?

And a bunch of people vote for people who promise them free money. Which leanings are those ?

Seems to me that if principle matters....well, you'd have to look up what that means.

Hey Numbnuts....we wouldn't be in this fix if Reagan and the Bushes had left tax rates alone and paid their debts. They funneled borrowed money into the hands of the richest people in the country and borrowed from foreign banks to cover the shortfall. The day Obama took over the annual interest on the existing debt was $450,000,000,000 each year. Now its over half a trillion a year. The interest, unlike the debt, must be paid each year or we go into default. This debt is not Obama's fault:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

Forum List

Back