Intelligence Official: Transcripts Of Flynn's Calls Don't Show Criminal Wrongdoing

"A current U.S. intelligence official tells NPR's Mary Louise Kelly that there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the transcripts of former national security adviser Michael Flynn's conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, although the official noted that doesn't rule out the possibility of illegal actions.

The official also says that there are recordings as well as transcripts of the calls, and that the transcripts don't suggest Flynn was acting under orders in his conversations"

Intelligence Official: Transcripts Of Flynn's Calls Don't Show Criminal Wrongdoing

Move along people, tomorrow you can gin up another fake scandal. See how I used a clearly "Rightwing" source for this ? ;)

Just to be consistent -- because I went ballastic over the initial leak -- this does not make me "happier".. The content of leaked "beyond top secret" intercepts needs to STOP.. Don't care that the "new boss is the same as the old boss" --- they are playing with a mountain of dynamite.
What in the world was "beyond TOP SECRET'' that has been leaked, under President Trump's term? I seriously doubt anything Flynn and the Ambassador said was CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET, it is simply the lowest level of classified for the Diplomat's respect....

Doesn't matter what the content was. It was the product of ultra sensitive continuous spying and collection. Don't care if it's a pizza delivery order -- it's a FELONY --- no matter WHO is leaking it...
I don't know if it is a felony for civilians to leak information that is simply classified confidential....(could be for military which has stronger and more forceful laws on this kind of stuff)

I am certain it breaks regulations and rules, but it is NOT a felony.....more like a pink slip.

Top secret and above would be breaking the espionage act and would be a felony.

Dearest -- you're not getting this. When you allow folks to collect EVERYTHING -- they are not allowed to disseminate ANY of it without approval and tasking. The classification does not matter. It came out of a collection stream that only 200 people control.. That entire STREAM is accessible to only a few and requires proper approval and tasking to take ANYTHING out of that system. Like I said -- it would a Felony to leak a pizza order out of that system. If there is authorization from the HIGHEST LEVELS to expose ANYTHING from stream to the public -- that's a different story. But it would have to be VITAL to the public interest for anyone to sign off on something like that.

NO ONE should be playing loose and fast with those tools and powers.

"A current U.S. intelligence official tells NPR's Mary Louise Kelly that there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the transcripts of former national security adviser Michael Flynn's conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, although the official noted that doesn't rule out the possibility of illegal actions.

The official also says that there are recordings as well as transcripts of the calls, and that the transcripts don't suggest Flynn was acting under orders in his conversations"

Move along people, tomorrow you can gin up another fake scandal. See how I used a clearly "Rightwing" source for this ? ;)

Just to be consistent -- because I went ballastic over the initial leak -- this does not make me "happier".. The content of leaked "beyond top secret" intercepts needs to STOP.. Don't care that the "new boss is the same as the old boss" --- they are playing with a mountain of dynamite.
What in the world was "beyond TOP SECRET'' that has been leaked, under President Trump's term? I seriously doubt anything Flynn and the Ambassador said was CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET, it is simply the lowest level of classified for the Diplomat's respect....

Doesn't matter what the content was. It was the product of ultra sensitive continuous spying and collection. Don't care if it's a pizza delivery order -- it's a FELONY --- no matter WHO is leaking it...
I don't know if it is a felony for civilians to leak information that is simply classified confidential....(could be for military which has stronger and more forceful laws on this kind of stuff)

I am certain it breaks regulations and rules, but it is NOT a felony.....more like a pink slip.

Top secret and above would be breaking the espionage act and would be a felony.

Dearest -- you're not getting this. When you allow folks to collect EVERYTHING -- they are not allowed to disseminate ANY of it without approval and tasking. The classification does not matter. It came out of a collection stream that only 200 people control.. That entire STREAM is accessible to only a few and requires proper approval and tasking to take ANYTHING out of that system. Like I said -- it would a Felony to leak a pizza order out of that system. If there is authorization from the HIGHEST LEVELS to expose ANYTHING from stream to the public -- that's a different story. But it would have to be VITAL to the public interest for anyone to sign off on something like that.

NO ONE should be playing loose and fast with those tools and powers.
it is simple politics. We have a Commerce Clause. Any questions?

Forum List

Back