'Intellectually disabled' man set for execution

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Twice-convicted murderer Warren Lee Hill is set to be executed in Georgia on Tuesday night despite pleas from human rights groups and legal representatives who say his intellectual disability should make him ineligible for the death penalty.
Hill has an IQ of approximately 70 and the "emotional capacity of a young boy," said his attorney, Brian Kammer.
Federal law stemming from a 2002 Virginia case that went to the U.S. Supreme Court says executing intellectually disabled individuals violates the Eighth Amendment's ban on cruel and unusual punishment. But the case also allows states to define intellectual disability. In Georgia, that means attorneys for death row inmates have to prove mental impairment "beyond a reasonable doubt."
Intellectually disabled man set for execution - CNN.com
This is how our democratic judicial working!! Instead of treatment he got a death penalty. Welcome to America dude. We can't rely on the laws. We can't believe people. I feel like living in the wild nature.

Since liberals believe all the unborn afflicted with Down Syndrome must be murdered in the womb it's hard to fathom why they might be upset by just one more (albeit later than usual term) abortion. Or these somehow unequal disabilities.

I assume he stole candy, or maybe scratched a few cars.
Kiddie crime.

Since liberals believe all the unborn afflicted with Down Syndrome must be murdered in the womb it's hard to fathom why they might be upset by just one more (albeit later than usual term) abortion. Or these somehow unequal disabilities.
To a liberal there is no right to life until convicted of a heinous capital crime.

Twice-convicted murderer Warren Lee Hill is set to be executed in Georgia on Tuesday night despite pleas from human rights groups and legal representatives who say his intellectual disability should make him ineligible for the death penalty.
Hill has an IQ of approximately 70 and the "emotional capacity of a young boy," said his attorney, Brian Kammer.
Federal law stemming from a 2002 Virginia case that went to the U.S. Supreme Court says executing intellectually disabled individuals violates the Eighth Amendment's ban on cruel and unusual punishment. But the case also allows states to define intellectual disability. In Georgia, that means attorneys for death row inmates have to prove mental impairment "beyond a reasonable doubt."
Intellectually disabled man set for execution - CNN.com
This is how our democratic judicial working!! Instead of treatment he got a death penalty. Welcome to America dude. We can't rely on the laws. We can't believe people. I feel like living in the wild nature.
Oh, cry me a friggin' river...

He's killed at least two people, right?

He was found competent to answer for his crimes and to stand trial, and he was found guilty by a jury of his peers, and sentenced to death.

So long as due process is being properly undertaken, if-and-when he runs out of appeals, the State will execute this two-time killer.

I'm wrong.
Seems he shot his girlfriend, then went on to beat a man to death with a nail studded board.
Still, just kid's stuff, so he should be let off - not.

We put rabid animals to death.

I have no problem executing humans who kill wantonly.

Last edited:
The guy has a 70 IQ. Georgia has a long history of killing mentally ill and disabled people, particularly black people with low IQ and mental illness. This is nothing new.

He may have been intellectually incapable of standing trial, but that should not be an affirmative defense to intentional murder.

Dumb people are just as capable of malice as smart people. Now if his IQ were in the 40,s it would be an issue because at that level you really don't know what you're doing. But shooting the girlfriend, then beating a person to death? Nahhh, he was intellectually capable of understanding EXACTLY what he was doing.

And, it appears he enjoyed it.

The problem is that he is not a human in the full sense of the word, you see. He is an ill person who must have been under medical control. If you describe him like a wild animal will you kill predatory tiger for killing a forester for example? Or you will put him into nature reserve far from people?

An animal who kills a human is put down, of course.

That's what we did with bears in Alaska almost forty years ago, and I imagine that has not changed.

He might have killed two people, but did he intend to kill them? Did he know he would kill them? His disability may not have enabled him to know what he was doing.

Lets be honest here. If he was white, he wouldn't even be on death row.

The problem is that he is not a human in the full sense of the word, you see. He is an ill person who must have been under medical control. If you describe him like a wild animal will you kill predatory tiger for killing a forester for example? Or you will put him into nature reserve far from people?

Sure he is. 70 is dumb, but aware. That is what the question is about. He was fully capable of having a girlfriend and experiencing rage when she slighted him. He then took great pleasure in beating the other person to death. I hate to tell you, but he's just your plain old average murderer.

He might have killed two people, but did he intend to kill them? Did he know he would kill them? His disability may not have enabled him to know what he was doing.

Lets be honest here. If he was white, he wouldn't even be on death row.

Don't bet your life on it.....Johnny Paul Penry, IQ measured at 56. Raped and murdered a woman with a pair of scissors. Sentenced to death but after the outcry over his low IQ it was commuted to life in prison. In this case I actually agree. 56 is low enough that malice becomes a question.

th

Warren Lee Hill was not executed for killing his girlfriend and another man. His disability got him life in prison. Then he killed another inmate. That's what got him the death penalty. That's why we need a death penalty. Lee won't be killing any more.

Forum List

Back