Intel Community said they altered Rice Talking points

There was no cover up.

Give me one good reason why terrorist and Al Quaeda was left out of the TP's.

Sources: Office of the DNI cut "al Qaeda" reference from Benghazi talking points, and CIA, FBI signed off - CBS News

Another source, a senior U.S. official familiar with the drafting of the talking points, tells CBS News the "controversy this word choice has caused came as a surprise."

"The points were not, as has been insinuated by some, edited to minimize the role of extremists, diminish terrorist affiliations, or play down that this was an attack," the official tells CBS News, adding that there were "legitimate intelligence and legal issues to consider, as is almost always the case when explaining classified assessments publicly."

"Most people understand that saying 'extremists' were involved in a direct assault on the mission isn't shying away from the idea of terrorist involvement," added the official. "Because of the various elements involved in the attack, the term extremist was meant to capture the range of participants."

Several militant groups have been eyed as likely culprits, including the Islamic extremist militia Ansar al Sharia, which was based in Eastern Libya and enjoyed huge power in Benghazi before the attack. Gen. Carter Ham, chief of the U.S. Africa Command, said recently that there were "linkages" between al Qaeda and some of the people who attacked the consulate and the CIA annex about a mile away.

Most people also understand that Susan Rice was fed a lie.

She is intelligent enough to know that she wasn't allowed to talk about classified information. She is more than qualified to for Hillary's job.

There is a difference between saying "We, obviously, can't talk about everything we know" and "There is absolutely no evidence that this was a terrorist attack."

Who are you quoting and-----and do you have a link to your quote "There is absolutely no evidence that this was a terrorist attack.". I just Googled your quote, this...

yellow_warning.gif
No results found for "There is absolutely no evidence that this was a terrorist attack.".

...is what came up. Question: is Google wrong or are you making stuff up again?

Where did I say I was quoting anyone?

Sources: Office of the DNI cut "al Qaeda" reference from Benghazi talking points, and CIA, FBI signed off - CBS News

Another source, a senior U.S. official familiar with the drafting of the talking points, tells CBS News the "controversy this word choice has caused came as a surprise."

"The points were not, as has been insinuated by some, edited to minimize the role of extremists, diminish terrorist affiliations, or play down that this was an attack," the official tells CBS News, adding that there were "legitimate intelligence and legal issues to consider, as is almost always the case when explaining classified assessments publicly."

"Most people understand that saying 'extremists' were involved in a direct assault on the mission isn't shying away from the idea of terrorist involvement," added the official. "Because of the various elements involved in the attack, the term extremist was meant to capture the range of participants."

Several militant groups have been eyed as likely culprits, including the Islamic extremist militia Ansar al Sharia, which was based in Eastern Libya and enjoyed huge power in Benghazi before the attack. Gen. Carter Ham, chief of the U.S. Africa Command, said recently that there were "linkages" between al Qaeda and some of the people who attacked the consulate and the CIA annex about a mile away.

Maybe you can say we left out Al Queda for intelligence purposes, but that doesn't explain why we didn't call it a terrorist attack. There is no reason, other than political, to not call it a terrorist attack. The fact that an Obama appointee was the one to change the talking points makes it that more suspicious.

An obvious reason is that an ambassador and 3 others died because help was denied. Admitting that you were watching it in real time and knew it was a terrorist attack looks really bad......especially if it is right before an election. Sending out the lacky to say it was because of a youtube video gives you the ability to say you didn't realize it was a terrorist atack. Also, the ability to say that we'll look into it and get back to you.......much later. The lemmings who reelected Obama are perfectly happy swallowing the company line.

Then we are all constantly feed a continuous stream of lies, everyday, 24/7/365.

Then we are all constantly feed a continuous stream of lies, everyday, 24/7/365.

I don't see your point.

this has probably already been tossed in the pot>>>
McGurn: Petraeus vs. Petraeus - WSJ.com

nft. that is how I thought it would go.

Petraeus v. Petraeus. tired of this already.

'Do the Right Thing' --many in the military are fond of that saying. To know the Right thing and Do the Right thing seems to be beyond the very best?

So our Ambassador to the United Nations is not responsible for anything she says?

If her bosses tell her to make a specific statement, then that's the statement she's going to make for public consumption until they can clear more information for public consumption. You do understand how some information deemed classified is disseminated through different agencies and to the public, right?

Maybe you delusional RW loons should read what the link said:

The unclassified talking points were first developed by the CIA at the request of the House Intelligence Committee, whose members wanted to know what they could say publicly about the Benghazi attack.

Benghazi talking points omitted link to al Qaeda

The initial version included information linking individuals involved in the attack to al Qaeda, according to a senior U.S. official familiar with the drafting of the talking points. But when the document was sent to the rest of the intelligence community for review, there was a decision to change "al Qaeda" to "extremists." The official said the change was made for legitimate intelligence and legal reasons, not for political purposes.

"First, the information about individuals linked to al Qaeda was derived from classified sources," the official said. "Second, when links were so tenuous - as they still are - it makes sense to be cautious before pointing fingers so you don't set off a chain of circular and self-reinforcing assumptions. Third, it is important to be careful not to prejudice a criminal investigation in its early stages."

The talking points came from the CIA....NOT THE WHITE HOUSE. No one was told to lie. Rice was reading the Talking Points...HER FRIGIN JOB!

Last edited:

The unclassified talking points were first developed by the CIA at the request of the House Intelligence Committee, whose members wanted to know what they could say publicly about the Benghazi attack.

The initial version included information linking individuals involved in the attack to al Qaeda, according to a senior U.S. official familiar with the drafting of the talking points. But when the document was sent to the rest of the intelligence community for review, there was a decision to change "al Qaeda" to "extremists." The official said the change was made for legitimate intelligence and legal reasons, not for political purposes.

"First, the information about individuals linked to al Qaeda was derived from classified sources," the official said. "Second, when links were so tenuous - as they still are - it makes sense to be cautious before pointing fingers so you don't set off a chain of circular and self-reinforcing assumptions. Third, it is important to be careful not to prejudice a criminal investigation in its early stages."

The talking points came from the CIA....NOT THE WHITE HOUSE. No one was told to lie. Rice was reading the Talking Points...HER FRIGIN JOB!

You have to be kidding me. They were watching it on a live feed .

Have you got it?

Live mother trucking feed. They watched them die.

Obama let them die.

Have you got it?

Obama let them die.

You are mindless and irrational. I suppose the election loss has your ars pretty sore...:clap2:

She read what she was given, Nut Case...She did not "Lie" as many in the GOP said. Get over it...YOU LOST!

LOL, No they can't, they are disgusting, fake, hypocrites, who feign outrage about this , so they can use it as a political football and try to score cheap "points".

Have you ever known me to be this way?

Ever? I can give you a time line that would make you puke.

You know I never lie.

Have you got it?

Obama let them die.

You are mindless and irrational. I suppose the election loss has your ars pretty sore...:clap2:

I never lie.

Ever.

A lot of posters I talk to here are posters from many other boards. They know me. I don't lie. Ever.

I may be wrong like all of us can be, screw up like every one else.,but I never lie.

Last edited:
Now how can you watch a live feed and with emails begging for some sort of support and no one does anything?

I'd like an answer.

Have you got it?

Obama let them die.

I never lie.

Ever.

A lot of posters I talk to here are posters from many other boards. They know me. I don't lie. Ever.

I may be wrong like all of us can be, screw up like every one else.,but I never lie.

I think it's entirely possible that you are too stupid to lie.

Republicans have accused her of making misleading statements by referring to the assault as a "spontaneous" demonstration by extremists. Some have suggested she used the terminology she did for political reasons.

However, an intelligence source tells CBS News correspondent Margaret Brennan the links to al Qaeda were deemed too "tenuous" to make public, because there was not strong confidence in the person providing the intelligence. CIA Director David Petraeus, however, told Congress he agreed to release the information -- the reference to al Qaeda -- in an early draft of the talking points, which were also distributed to select lawmakers.

"The intelligence community assessed from the very beginning that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack." DNI spokesman Shawn Turner tells CBS News. That information was shared at a classified level -- which Rice, as a member of President Obama's cabinet, would have been privy to.
An intelligence source says the talking points were passed from the CIA to the DNI, where the substantive edits were made, and then to FBI, which made more edits as part of "standard procedure."

There is a difference between saying "We, obviously, can't talk about everything we know" and "There is absolutely no evidence that this was a terrorist attack."

Who are you quoting and-----and do you have a link to your quote "There is absolutely no evidence that this was a terrorist attack.". I just Googled your quote, this...

yellow_warning.gif
No results found for "There is absolutely no evidence that this was a terrorist attack.".

...is what came up. Question: is Google wrong or are you making stuff up again?

Where did I say I was quoting anyone?

As I thought --- you made that chit up (nothing new 'bout that) but-----but please explain why you would use quotation marks for something you made up?

So our Ambassador to the United Nations is not responsible for anything she says?

Of course shs's responsible. But not for what was in the report. For being dumb enough to not verify anything she was handed.

Forum List

Back