Intactivists in San Franscisco Residents: No Circumcisions for you!

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
'Intactivists' to San Francisco: Ban circumcision - CNN.com

(CNN) -- In the California city that banned Happy Meal toys,outlawed sitting on sidewalks during daylight hours and fined residents for not sorting garbage into recycling, compost and trash, Lloyd Schofield wants to add a new law to the books in San Francisco: A ban on all male circumcisions.

Those who violate the ban could be jailed (not more than one year) or fined (not more than $1,000), under his proposal. Circumcisions even for religious reasons would not be allowed. At this point, Schofield's proposal is an idea that would have to clear several hurdles to be considered.

Well all I have to say is "Get your hands of my Wee Wee" Uncle Sam

How about genital mutilation should be prohibited in all forms until the child is of an age to make the decision for themselves.

how about you mind your own fucking business?

So you support genital mutilation? You think that because of religious reasons, parents should be able to have a clitoridectomy done on their female child if they wanted?

The Nanny State. People are incapable of making their own decisions, so the government must make them for everyone.

How little self-respect do you have to have to want this sort of thing?

Just imagine how the seperation of Church and State will play out with this. After all the Bris is a Jewish right of passage and would be illegal under this law.

Interesting to say the least.

How about genital mutilation should be prohibited in all forms until the child is of an age to make the decision for themselves.

So you support genital mutilation? You think that because of religious reasons, parents should be able to have a clitoridectomy done on their female child if they wanted?

I take it you don't believe in the seperation of church and state.

yeah, i'm a huge supporter of mutilation. :thup:

in my religion, we use a grapefruit spoon.

Hmmm, not quite sure how you got THAT out of what I said. I'm fairly certain there are quite a few religious practices that are prohibited in the United States. Oh, let's say, some of the practices of Santaria probably? If the religion dictated that a clitoridectomy be performed on a female child, you'd be okay with that?

(a clitoridectomy is when the clitoris is surgically removed)

The Nanny State. People are incapable of making their own decisions, so the government must make them for everyone.

How little self-respect do you have to have to want this sort of thing?

Just imagine how the seperation of Church and State will play out with this. After all the Bris is a Jewish right of passage and would be illegal under this law.

Interesting to say the least.

Indeed.

Yay Sarcasm! I do love sarcasm. Genital mutilation is genital mutilation...be it circumcision or a clitoridectomy.

Yay Sarcasm! I do love sarcasm. Genital mutilation is genital mutilation...be it circumcision or a clitoridectomy.

and hysterical overreaction is hysterical overreaction.

roll with it :cool:

Hmmm, not quite sure how you got THAT out of what I said. I'm fairly certain there are quite a few religious practices that are prohibited in the United States. Oh, let's say, some of the practices of Santaria probably? If the religion dictated that a clitoridectomy be performed on a female child, you'd be okay with that?

Are the results of a clitoridectomy the same as the results of a circumcision? Do you know where im going with that?

And I got that out of what you said because this will be viewed, by jewish americans, as a direct assult on their millenia old tradition of the bris.

As long as it does no permanet harm I am ok with it. Circumcised males don't have any suffering after its healed as compared to non-circumcised males.......now the clitoridectomy on the other hand.............

So do you fully support the seperation of church and state or do you only support it when it fits your political and emotional desires?

Are the results of a clitoridectomy the same as the results of a circumcision? Do you know where im going with that?

And I got that out of what you said because this will be viewed, by jewish americans, as a direct assult on their millenia old tradition of the bris.

As long as it does no permanet harm I am ok with it. Circumcised males don't have any suffering after its healed as compared to non-circumcised males.......now the clitoridectomy on the other hand.............

So do you fully support the seperation of church and state or do you only support it when it fits your political and emotional desires?

If we want to get technical female circumcison is a form of control practiced on female sexuality. By removing or shortening the clitoris one reduces or removes the ability of a female to orgasm. This was intended (in the minds of those who support it) to reduce female sex drive, making it easier to keep them "chaste" until marriage, and to keep sex (at least for the women) as nothing more than a baby making activity.

Compare this to male circumsion. The male orgasm is the result of ejaculation, not contact. Circumsion does NOTHING to affect male sexuality. The orgins of circumsion probably revolve around cleanliness, not some insiduous way of making sex boring for women.

The other difference is that male circumsion is an accepted western practice done by doctors regardless of religous affiliation. Try finding a modern western doctor who agrees with female circumcison for any reason.

The activists doing this are, quite frankly, busybody assholes. They dont have to circumcise thier own kids if they dont want to.

If we want to get technical female circumcison is a form of control practiced on female sexuality. By removing or shortening the clitoris one reduces or removes the ability of a female to orgasm. This was intended (in the minds of those who support it) to reduce female sex drive, making it easier to keep them "chaste" until marriage, and to keep sex (at least for the women) as nothing more than a baby making activity.

Compare this to male circumsion. The male orgasm is the result of ejaculation, not contact. Circumsion does NOTHING to affect male sexuality. The orgins of circumsion probably revolve around cleanliness, not some insiduous way of making sex boring for women.

The other difference is that male circumsion is an accepted western practice done by doctors regardless of religous affiliation. Try finding a modern western doctor who agrees with female circumcison for any reason.

The activists doing this are, quite frankly, busybody assholes. They dont have to circumcise thier own kids if they dont want to.

thanks for elaborating my point with more detail. Do you understand now Sea?

clitoridectomies have been illegal in the us since 1996.

fail

Forum List

Back