Insurance, The Pill, And Liberal Hypocrisy

Yeah , Obama wants to give this women birth control in one breath .Then cut back on the health care on the military personal.. He does not have his priorities straight

yessir,. Or does not the people in the military pay for their healthcare?

According to the lectures that the military receives every year, yeah........health care benefits are figured into our paychecks when they tell us how good we've got it compared to the private sector.

Interestingly enough, even with figuring in my health care, I STILL made around 10,000/yr. LESS than my civilian counterparts.

Most of your 'civilian counterparts' can't 'retire' at 40. Stop fucking whining, you got yours.

And MOST CIVILIANS dont put their lives on the line every day do they:cuckoo:

It amazes me that after all this talk about contraception, there are men who still think women take the pill solely to not get pregnant.

That's an easy fix. All the women who must take the pill for reasons other than birth control get coverage, but they still have to pay a co-pay, like anyone else that takes medication necessary to maintain their health. I have to take medication every day, I pay a co-pay for it.

Women who have no medical necessity for birth control but take it an an elective, like botox, or breast enlargement have to pay their own bills. There should be no requirement for social life subsidies.

It amazes me that after all this talk about contraception, there are men who still think women take the pill solely to not get pregnant.

That's an easy fix. All the women who must take the pill for reasons other than birth control get coverage, but they still have to pay a co-pay, like anyone else that takes medication necessary to maintain their health. I have to take medication every day, I pay a co-pay for it.

Women who have no medical necessity for birth control but take it an an elective, like botox, or breast enlargement have to pay their own bills. There should be no requirement for social life subsidies.

And that's what this discussion is about, yes. Thank you for the re-cap. But to have an accurate discussion, one must first realize that there are women who take the pill because it is medically necessary. Proclaiming all women who want to take it are taking it solely because they want to have a lot of safe sex, is dishonest to the discussion

According to the lectures that the military receives every year, yeah........health care benefits are figured into our paychecks when they tell us how good we've got it compared to the private sector.

Interestingly enough, even with figuring in my health care, I STILL made around 10,000/yr. LESS than my civilian counterparts.

Most of your 'civilian counterparts' can't 'retire' at 40. Stop fucking whining, you got yours.

No, they can't retire at 40, unless they join the military and give 20 years. But, apparently, YOU were too much of a pansy to try.

Jealous much bitch?

And that's what this discussion is about, yes. Thank you for the re-cap. But to have an accurate discussion, one must first realize that there are women who take the pill because it is medically necessary. Proclaiming all women who want to take it are taking it solely because they want to have a lot of safe sex, is dishonest to the discussion

Liberals don't want to have an accurate discussion. They use victims as human shields and appeals to emotion. Roll out the cancer lady!

A cancer lady is not justification for EVERY woman to have their medically unnecessary birth control pill paid for at the cost of tens of billions of dollars a year added to healthcare insurance costs.

I guarantee it; if this happened, the very next year the same people would be bitching and moaning about the rising cost of healthcare insurance and blaming the evil corporations. And they'd be rolling out ANOTHER cancer lady who can't afford her insurance.

This kind of sickening and shameless misdirection must be called out and stopped.

Last edited:

I don't know a single person who has "retired" from the military after 20 years and not had to work another day of their lives. Every one of them has to go right to work in the civilian sector. You can't live off military retirement.

We also have to pay health insurance premiums. It isn't as much as what a civilian pays, but it isn't free, either. And there is a big push to triple our premiums going on right now.

For most retirees, a big chunk of their retirement pay goes toward child support and alimony. Military life is not kind to marriages.

Last edited:
An employee pays for ALL of his healthcare,

with the work he does. That's why an employer gives you healthcare. It's part of your PAY for the WORK you do.

And it is not taxed, cutting into federal revenues.

It would be better for everyone if your received the income instead and buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

And pay lots more because of it not being a group policy?

so you are for a new federal tax?
No, that is a libtard thing wanting new taxes. simple as this, obamacare sucks as big as obamaturd does.

with the work he does. That's why an employer gives you healthcare. It's part of your PAY for the WORK you do.

It would be better for everyone if your received the income instead and buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

Except that system would never work.

The young wouldn't buy insurance at all. The old wouldn't be able to get insurance. Only by creating a pool are the costs spread out. RomneyCare and ObamaCare simply widen the pool to absorb more of the costs.

The problem is that the costs are rising faster than the revenues, because there is no controlling authority saying, "We will only pay this for a colonoscopy". In fact, medical billing is a circus in and of itself. It's what do they think they can get away with.

Case in point. When I had a operation back in 2007, the doctor and hospital charged CIGNA $32,000 for the procedure. Cigna knocked it down to $18,000. They then changed the policy so that employees at my company could no longer get that kind of operation. When a co-worker wanted to get the same operation from the exact same doctor, and insurance wouldn't cover it, his practice offered her financing to do it for- you guess it- $19,000.

It would be better for everyone if you received the money used for premiums as income from your employer instead, and then buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

You would be more responsible with your health care if you were paying for your own insurance. And you could personalize your coverage and not have to pay for someone else's birth control or whatever. Just like you do with all of your other insurance policies. Home, auto, life.

That is the way companies with less that 25 employees work. I worked for a very small locum tenens company which paid me $275/month for my health insurace. They employed a guy to find policies for their employees. Problem was, the guy couldn't locate a policy for me because I had too many preexisting conditions. So, I took the COBRA from the last job. I paid over $500/month for it. Fortunately, the place I worked as a locum hired me before the 18 months was up. THEN I got a catastrophic illness. My premiums are now about $2,000 per year. It is paid with 'pre tax' dollars, so I won't be able to include it with my medical expenses for this year. But for the first time in my life, I've had enough medical expenses to take them off taxes. I do well, so that was a LOT of bills. The system you propose excludes everyone except those who have never had a medical problem. And those companies dump you at the drop of a hat. I know a woman who paid for a policy for 26 years and was dropped when she had a TIA.

Last edited:

Of course, thus the belief by some on the right, the care is "free". SOME also forget the flags when it comes to medical for Vets. You will here "NOBODY FORCED THEM TO..." while applauding WARS. Responding by noting "SOMEBODY had to" receives a list of things that prevented service. SEE, Bush II, DeLay, Reagan, Romney, et. al. AT LEAST CHENEY WAS HONEST; he said he had other priorities. No sign that attitude ever left him. I leave out Democrats as Democrats TEND to be more willing to pay for VA benefits. Now, I list SOME of the HONORABLE on the right-DOLE. MCCAIN, RON PAUL, HAGEL, POWELL, GHWB.

It would be better for everyone if you received the money used for premiums as income from your employer instead, and then buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

You would be more responsible with your health care if you were paying for your own insurance. And you could personalize your coverage and not have to pay for someone else's birth control or whatever. Just like you do with all of your other insurance policies. Home, auto, life.

That is the way companies with less that 25 employees work. I worked for a very small locum tenens company which paid me $275/month for my health insurace. They employed a guy to find policies for their employees. Problem was, the guy couldn't locate a policy for me because I had too many preexisting conditions. So, I took the COBRA from the last job. I paid over $500/month for it. Fortunately, the place I worked as a locum hired me before the 18 months was up. THEN I got a catastrophic illness. My premiums are now about $2,000 per year. It is paid with 'pre tax' dollars, so I won't be able to include it with my medical expenses for this year. But for the first time in my life, I've had enough medical expenses to take them off taxes. I do well, so that was a LOT of bills. The system you propose excludes everyone except those who have never had a medical problem. And those companies dump you at the drop of a hat. I know a woman who paid for a policy for 26 years and was dropped when she had a TIA.

If everyone is sucking off the government tit, then those who really need help have to stand in line with everyone else, and receive less than they should because of the leeches draining resources away.

So think carefully about that the next time someone rolls out a cancer lady as a human shield to get the leeches something.

This is why countries with universal health care now have private insurance companies. Canada tried to ban private health insurance but their Supreme Court ruled that "access to a waiting list is not access to health care".

Last edited:
Civilian counterparts? Mercs?

The military has air traffic controllers, food service workers, medical technicians, and so forth. Every year or so, the military hands out a piece of paper which compares the various compensations a military person receives compared to their civilian counterpart. They start with your base pay, add in your free housing, your health care, and other such amenities to come up with the full worth of your pay and benefits. Then you can see how that matches up to what your civilian counterpart, if there is one, earns in pay and benefits.

It is supposed to make you feel like you are being paid better than you think you are, but it usually just depresses the shit out of you.

I would say that military life is really more like being a convict, with a chance of being shot at. Sure, you get free medical care and housing, but it isn't exactly a freaking vacation. And you are giving up your youngest years of your adult life.

The country gets more than paid back for its investment.

Last edited:

A woman that has had breast cancer should have her reconstructive surgery paid for by insurance. A woman who wants bigger boobs should be denied coverage even if the surgery is exactly the same.

Only to women is this as difficult to figure out as rocket science.

Forum List

Back