Insurance, The Pill, And Liberal Hypocrisy

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
You guys are being scammed once again by your government. Pay attention and I will explain.

Under ObamaCare, the government is forcing employers to provide a fringe benefit to their employees. But that is not good enough for some people. Now they want the government to specify exactly what the fringe benefit must contain in the way of coverage.

Employer provided health insurance was a creation of labor unions in days past. Employer provided health insurance drives up the cost of health care. But instead of fixing that problem, Obama is doubling down, forcing all employers to provide it.

The average person's employer provided health insurance costs $12,000 a year. The employee pays about ten to fifteen percent of the premiums. So the employee is receiving about $10,000 in fringe benefits just by way of health insurance from their employer each year.

Anyone who gets employer provided health care does not have to declare it as income even though their employer pays the vast majority of the cost. However, that tax exemption has a limit. Under ObamaCare, Congress set that limit at around $18,000. Any insurance benefit you received worth more than that had to be counted as income.

Well, Obama took care of his labor union pals and pen and inked that ceiling to $27,000 so labor union Cadillac plans would not be taxed. By setting the ceiling at $27,000, Obama is giving a gigantic tax cut to his rich labor union pals.

I did not hear one single shriek from the Left about tax cuts for labor unions adding to the deficit and costing all of us money. Not one. And I was paying REAL close attention all during the health reform process.

And now Obama is entrenching employer provided health care even deeper by making it MANDATORY for employers to provide.

So he is bending the cost curve UP.

Then along comes this one percenter at Georgetown law school who wants the government to force her college to buy her birth control, so everyone can subsidize her sex life even though her tuition is MORE than what the average American earns. So what you have there is a one percenter stealing from the 99 percent. But again, I don't hear one leftie shrieking about it.

No. In fact, all the libbies are arguing for birth control to be added to everyone's health insurance.

In her Congressional testimonty, the one percenter claimed her birth control costs $1000 a year. No one on the left challenged her on that claim.

According to the US Census, there are 61.7 million women of childbearing age.

If we paid for all their birth control, that would be in the neighborhood of half a trillion dollars a decade.

If Fluke is exaggerating, let's use Planned Parenthood's figure:

On Valentine’s Day, the Voices for Planned Parenthood, University of Nevada, Reno chapter built a fortress composed of $600 worth of Top Ramen boxes in front of the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center. The group’s aim: to visually show how much an average woman would spend on birth control per year if it were not provided to her by an employer via insurance coverage.

$600 a year.

So the bleeding hearts want to add tens of billions of dollars a year to everyone's insurance bills so they can screw their brains out on our dime.

And then the next year they will undoubtedly bitch about the cost curve of healthcare insurance still bending upward, and rant about evil insurance corporations, and demand the government do something about it.

This is what happens when you believe the government has the power to tell employers what fringe benefits they must provide.

This is what happens when you are a supplicant to tyranny.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
An employee pays for ALL of his healthcare,

with the work he does. That's why an employer gives you healthcare. It's part of your PAY for the WORK you do.

with the work he does. That's why an employer gives you healthcare. It's part of your PAY for the WORK you do.

And it is not taxed, cutting into federal revenues.

It would be better for everyone if your received the income instead and buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

It would be better for everyone if your received the income instead and buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

And pay lots more because of it not being a group policy?

so you are for a new federal tax?

Last edited:

Really? So how about the MILLIONS of people who work at places where their employers DON'T "give" them healthcare?

You're an idiot. I bet you are a Medicaid leech.

It would be better for everyone if you received the money used for premiums as income from your employer instead, and then buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

You would be more responsible with your health care if you were paying for your own insurance. And you could personalize your coverage and not have to pay for someone else's birth control or whatever. Just like you do with all of your other insurance policies. Home, auto, life.

Last edited:
If the employee received the health care money as part of wages could he elect not to buy insurance with the money? If the employee chose not to have health insurance would the taxpayer have to pick up the employees tab if illness strikes?

And pay lots more because of it not being a group policy?

so you are for a new federal tax?

Do you buy home, auto, or life insurance without it being a group policy?

Same difference.

When you get group life insurance at work, if someone at work runs up huge medical bills, all of their co-worker's premiums go up.

If the employee received the health care money as part of wages could he elect not to buy insurance with the money? If the employee chose not to have health insurance would the taxpayer have to pick up the employees tab if illness strikes?

If you don't have auto insurance and crash your car, does the taxpayer pay for your car?

It would be better for everyone if you received the money used for premiums as income from your employer instead, and then buy your own insurance, and be given a tax credit for part of it.

Which is a perfectly acceptable model for a SHOP exchange under the ACA: employer contributions you take into the market to shop for a plan of your choice, with the requisite tax benefits.

yessir,. Or does not the people in the military pay for their healthcare?

According to the lectures that the military receives every year, yeah........health care benefits are figured into our paychecks when they tell us how good we've got it compared to the private sector.

Interestingly enough, even with figuring in my health care, I STILL made around 10,000/yr. LESS than my civilian counterparts.

Really? So how about the MILLIONS of people who work at places where their employers DON'T "give" them healthcare?

You're an idiot. I bet you are a Medicaid leech.

Umm most of them do not have health insurance.]
And if you can afford health insurance you do not qualify for medicaid.
Unless you are a pregnant unwed mother....

yessir,. Or does not the people in the military pay for their healthcare?

According to the lectures that the military receives every year, yeah........health care benefits are figured into our paychecks when they tell us how good we've got it compared to the private sector.

Interestingly enough, even with figuring in my health care, I STILL made around 10,000/yr. LESS than my civilian counterparts.

Most of your 'civilian counterparts' can't 'retire' at 40. Stop fucking whining, you got yours.

Forum List

Back