Insurance Stocks Soar..

I saw that, it was a stupid and uninformed comment by Scarborough. He has no such information.

I'm sorry to inform you that you have been played for a fool, I really am sorry...:(

You all were saying that healthcare reform would never pass so how could it have any affect on insurance stock at all? The only time we have been pretty sure it is going to pass was when they ran the test vote this weekend.

These personal attacks are so petty, Lumpy. Try sticking to the issues.

Sarah, have you read the links?

..Personal attack.. I'm sorry you took it that way, I feel the fool also over this deal.

Insurance companies show Obama who's Boss... :clap2:..the jokes on us...:eusa_eh:

In fact, without the public option that has been abandoned by the Senate, all the health care reform bill does in ensure that Americans must buy private insurance, thus inflating the coffers of insurance companies. It's a win-win for them. It gives them additional customers who are forced by law to get health insurance, and some of them will have subsidies paid for by the rest of us.

Health Insurance Stocks Soar As Senate Bill Nears Passage | HULIQ

I saw that, it was a stupid and uninformed comment by Scarborough. He has no such information.

I'm sorry to inform you that you have been played for a fool, I really am sorry...:(

The Seminal » Insurance company stocks “on fire” – they’re winning, we’re losing

Why that is great news for the economy :)

The Seminal » Insurance company stocks “on fire” – they’re winning, we’re losing

Why that is great news for the economy :)

And how is that? It's a sign Obama and the Democrats sucked up to their special interest group over the interests of the American people, in my eyes.

The insurance stocks are recovering because it is now clear that the added tax is not going to become effective until next year. Since the insurance industry is a year-by-year industry they were afraid that the tax would hit BEFORE they could adjust for it and it would hit them hard this year.

I know it's a lot more fun to imagine conspiracy theories and smoking guns to hammer your political opponents with, but reality just doesn't support it.

Sorry.

The insurance stocks are recovering because it is now clear that the added tax is not going to become effective until next year. Since the insurance industry is a year-by-year industry they were afraid that the tax would hit BEFORE they could adjust for it and it would hit them hard this year.

I know it's a lot more fun to imagine conspiracy theories and smoking guns to hammer your political opponents with, but reality just doesn't support it.

Sorry.

Gee you don't think it had anything to do with the public option or 30 million kicking and screaming forced customers do ya?

Insurance companies show Obama who's Boss... :clap2:..the jokes on us...:eusa_eh:

In fact, without the public option that has been abandoned by the Senate, all the health care reform bill does in ensure that Americans must buy private insurance, thus inflating the coffers of insurance companies. It's a win-win for them. It gives them additional customers who are forced by law to get health insurance, and some of them will have subsidies paid for by the rest of us.

Health Insurance Stocks Soar As Senate Bill Nears Passage | HULIQ

I would still like to know how the federal government is going to control the "rising" cost of health care--which is the foundation of this problem in the 1st place? Cutting medicare with millions of baby-boomers entering the system seems like really bad math & I don't believe can be done without rationing health care to the elderly.

As far as insurance stocks sky-rocketing--they just got a 30+ million pool of new customers--promised by the federal government.

Last edited:

Sorry.

Sorry--but taxes do not move markets this much. Profit is always BOTTOM line on Wall Street. Medical insurance companies just got promised 30+ million new customers which can be spelled PROFIT. If this bill collapses in the house--the stock in this companies will come soaring down. It's all speculation right now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back