Insurance Companies: Get Sterilized and Then We'll Cover You

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Insurance Companies: Get Sterilized and Then We'll Cover You - The World Newser

When Peggy Robertson went shopping for a more affordable health insurance plan for her self-employed husband and two young boys, she ran into an unexpected problem: the birth of her son Luke in 2006 by caesarean section. The healthy young mother was shocked when the Golden Rule Insurance company denied her coverage due to the C-Section birth of her son. "I called Golden Rule and they said that if I would get sterilized, they would then be able to offer insurance to me."

Noooooooo, we don't need health insurance reform....

What???

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

STERILIZED???

i say we scrap them, and all go on medicare...

all the hundreds of billions spent a year by us and our employers for health insurance costs can go towards paying for it.

all the hundreds of billions spent a year by us and our employers for health insurance costs can go towards paying for it.

Then we would have Universal Coverage and there would be nothing to stop those SOB's in Washington. They would literally own us all. They would tell us when and if we can fart or burp. When we can take a crap and later when we will die.

No thanks.

Immie

The well being of our citizens is being sacrificed for the mighty dollar. Does anyone NOT see the problem of profit margin taking precedence over life and death?

Then we would have Universal Coverage and there would be nothing to stop those SOB's in Washington. They would literally own us all. They would tell us when and if we can fart or burp. When we can take a crap and later when we will die.

No thanks.

Immie

Are you retarded?? Or do you try really hard to look like an idiot??

Health care or not? What is stop them from telling you when to fart? There is nothing wrong with universal health care.. We should have it.. Cuba has better health care than we do!! CUBA! We are almost dead last for industrialized nations on health care.. Other than worring about your excessive farting and belching habits.. What is wrong with Universal health care?

When you answer that queation do so using verifiable FACTS and not talking points from the insurance companies or from some website funded by the insurance companies..

The well being of our citizens is being sacrificed for the mighty dollar. Does anyone NOT see the problem of profit margin taking precedence over life and death?

VaYank,

I like most of your posting. Don't always agree with you and this time is one of those times.

The truth is, I trust the anyone of the CEO's of health insurance companies with my life 1000 times or more than I do every single politician in Washington combined. At least the CEO's have a reason to keep people alive... it is called profit. Politicians are better off if we die once we are no longer useful to them.

Politicians are pricks who don't give a shit about anyone of us.

Hell, Democrats (at least those from Chicago) know that if we die there is a good possibility that they can vote for us for the next 50 years.

Immie

No thanks.

Immie

Are you retarded?? Or do you try really hard to look like an idiot??

Health care or not? What is stop them from telling you when to fart? There is nothing wrong with universal health care.. We should have it.. Cuba has better health care than we do!! CUBA! We are almost dead last for industrialized nations on health care.. Other than worring about your excessive farting and belching habits.. What is wrong with Universal health care?

When you answer that queation do so using verifiable FACTS and not talking points from the insurance companies or from some website funded by the insurance companies..

No, I'm not, but it is obvious you are a fucking moron.

You want to let them tell you when to die, be my guest. I'm not interested in that at all.

You want them to own your soul, be my guest. I'm not interested.

You trust those pricks all you want, but I'm not going to trust them for a second.

I'd trust Castro with my life before I would trust anyone of the Republicans in Washington with my life and I won't even get close to trusting the fucking Democrats who would have preferred that we were all aborted rather than born.

Immie

Last edited:

VaYank,

I like most of your posting. Don't always agree with you and this time is one of those times.

The truth is, I trust the anyone of the CEO's of health insurance companies with my life 1000 times or more than I do every single politician in Washington combined. At least the CEO's have a reason to keep people alive... it is called profit. Politicians are better off if we die once we are no longer useful to them.

Hell, Democrats (at least those from Chicago) know that if we die there is a good possibility that they can vote for us for the next 50 years.

Immie

We are allowed to disagree and there is nothing wrong with that. However, if you trust someone to make decisions on YOUR behalf that are going to cut into THEIR profit margins, well, that is your choice. I'll take my chances with a government option and then watch those greedy CEOs try to actually be competitive and then cheer as their multi-million dollar homes go into foreclosure.

That plan sounds good...how are you going to combat 5 trillion dollars in fraud instead of 500 billion? I'm not going to pay that bill.

I believe I saw on the news tonight that in 45 states that a woman can be denied coverage unless she gets Sterilized. Add this to the pregnancy pre-existing condition and being a survivor of Domestic Abuse and women are pretty much fucked.

Insurance Companies: Get Sterilized and Then We'll Cover You - The World Newser

When Peggy Robertson went shopping for a more affordable health insurance plan for her self-employed husband and two young boys, she ran into an unexpected problem: the birth of her son Luke in 2006 by caesarean section. The healthy young mother was shocked when the Golden Rule Insurance company denied her coverage due to the C-Section birth of her son. "I called Golden Rule and they said that if I would get sterilized, they would then be able to offer insurance to me."

Noooooooo, we don't need health insurance reform....

Perhaps Peggy Robertson should employ a new concept...instead of an HMO she should get a fee for service program.

One, trusting a person to make decisions for you based on the profit line is not smart.

Two, being able to vote the CEOs (Congress) of the program in and out is smart.

This line I will lift from Glenn Beck -- "The time is now" for health insurance reform. If the GOP RapeRepublicans will not play, then go for a single-payer option.

VaYank,

Immie

We are allowed to disagree and there is nothing wrong with that. However, if you trust someone to make decisions on YOUR behalf that are going to cut into THEIR profit margins, well, that is your choice. I'll take my chances with a government option and then watch those greedy CEOs try to actually be competitive and then cheer as their multi-million dollar homes go into foreclosure.

As I said, I will trust Castro with my life before I will trust Obama or McCain or anyone of the politicians that call Washington their second home.

At least as long as there are greedy CEO's out there, I have the ability to change my policy to a different company if the one I am using doesn't satisfy my need. Putting all my eggs in the only basket out there is a foolish thing to do... very foolish indeed.

And yes, we are allowed to disagree and it is a pleasure to discuss things with some of the sane left wingers.

Immie

I believe I saw on the news tonight that in 45 states that a woman can be denied coverage unless she gets Sterilized. Add this to the pregnancy pre-existing condition and being a survivor of Domestic Abuse and women are pretty much fucked.

Under the COBRA laws and HIPPA anyone can be denied coverage for any reason at all if they have not had coverage within, I think it is the last 9 months. However, if coverage existed and there was a qualifying event coverage cannot be denied.

Health care reform is an absolute must, but God help us if we ever give Washington DC full control of our health care system.

It is not Universal Healthcare that has me concerned. What has me concerned is the thought that those corrupt sons of bitches in Washington will have control of our lives. I know some people say good things about Canada's System and some of the other nations with socialized healthcare, but truthfully, I don't think most of those nations political leaders are half as corrupt as ours. National healthcare may work just fine in Canada, but Canadians don't have John McCain, Nancy Pelosi or John Kerry running their country.

Immie

VaYank,

Immie

As I said, I will trust Castro with my life before I will trust Obama or McCain or anyone of the politicians that call Washington their second home.

At least as long as there are greedy CEO's out there, I have the ability to change my policy to a different company if the one I am using doesn't satisfy my need. Putting all my eggs in the only basket out there is a foolish thing to do... very foolish indeed.

And yes, we are allowed to disagree and it is a pleasure to discuss things with some of the sane left wingers.

Immie

SUre you have choices, unless you happen to live in one of those states where ONE insurance company provides 90% of the policies. Let's see these big insurance companies compete against a public option. Just imagine how many lower cost choices you would have then!

Oh, and don't you dare attempt to lump me in with left wingers. If you do, then you haven't read nor heard a single one of my posts.

That would explain the sterilization and pregnancy pre-exisiting condition clauses. ;)

Forum List

Back