Institutionalized Racism in America

I think institutionalized racism is a subset of socially & culturally accepted racism.

If there are incidences of whites being discriminated against then, by law, the affirmative action laws must cover them as well. That this doesn't seem to happen merely means that white people aren't discriminated against on a regular basis.

If we NEED this law is another question entirely...but the way the law is written it covers everyone (except gender benders).

I think the Supreme Court has said that the CRA prevents institutions (colleges, private employers, governments) from choosing an under-qualified person over a qualified person on the basis of race etc. But those institutions can have policies where, if there's a pool of equally qualified candidates, they can select a racial minority and/or female from that pool by virtue of that candidate having those traits. I think that's the nuance here.

Applying for a job or college is a zero sum game. People are naturally going to get squeezed out. Some companies' policies will default to the non-white non-male candidate over other equally qualified candidates who are white and or male--meaning they're being squeezed out on the basis or race and or gender. This is the discrimination I'm talking about, which is something that admittedly offends my delicate sensibilities here.

But I realize it's kind of hard to feel sorry for white males in this country because we've historically been the oppressor social group.

Wouldn't "on the basis of... sex" cover benders? :confused:
You would think, but no, I don't believe it does.

I don't feel sorry for white males, either, but then again, maybe I'm prejudiced. :lol:

manipoo said:
Manipoo doesn't even know the difference between affirmative action and the Civil Rights Act, so how can she be expected to speak intelligently on this topic? :lol:
LOL! Fixed your post.

From wikipedia, a simplistic enough explanation that even you can understand.

Ravibility said:
manifold's spot on assessment of my ignorance was more hurtful than my ego can handle, so now I'm going to lash out with deflection and strawmen, the only way I know how. :(

If you're looking for sympathy you can find it in the dictionary, somewhere between shit and syphilis. :thup:

You guys would make for a cute couple. :razz:
:eusa_hand: Sorry, I don't believe in affirmative action for idiots.

In that case Ravibility I truly cannot expect you to speak intelligently on the subject.

Carry on :thup:
Whatever reason it was originally written is immaterial. The way it is written it covers everyone.

Problem is it's not interpreted the way it reads.

Show me an example where a white used AA laws as precedence in a civil suit?

It's just like EEO. Whites would get laughed out of the office if they had a complaint.

The problem I have is with fairness. As you say, laws should always be applied evenly, but they never are. If you want to look at Hate Crimes legislation, who do they protect? Certainly not whites or Christians. Only minorities and Gays.
How it is used is beyond my control. Like I said before, there probably aren't all that many cases of white people being discriminated against.

And, BS on hate crimes. There are hate crime charges brought against minorities, open your eyes.

This is not to say it's necessarily unjustified. I believe there was a study done a few (?) years ago that said something to the effect that, if an applicant has a non-European sounding name, they're half as likely to get the interview than someone who does. I don't remember the year, could be from the 70s for all I know.

Then it's not working.

And it was not 'non-European sounding names'; it was Über-black names that conjure images of a black pride rally or make you question their home environment and personal development- names like Shanequa Mercedes or Tyrone Malcom X...

The study was discussed in the freakonomics movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
manipoo said:
Manipoo doesn't even know the difference between affirmative action and the Civil Rights Act, so how can she be expected to speak intelligently on this topic? :lol:
LOL! Fixed your post.

From wikipedia, a simplistic enough explanation that even you can understand.

Affirmative action was first established in Executive Order 10925, which was signed by President John F. Kennedy on March 6, 1961 and required government contractors to "not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin" as well as to "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin".[9] This executive order was superseded by Executive Order 11246, which was signed by President Lyndon B. Johnson on September 24, 1965 and affirmed the Federal Government's commitment "to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program in each executive department and agency".[1] It is notable that affirmative action was not extended to women until Executive Order 11375 amended Executive Order 11246 on October 13, 1967, expanding the definition to include "sex." As it currently stands, affirmative action through Executive Order 11246 applies to "race, color, religion, sex, or national origin." In the U.S., affirmative action's original purpose was to pressure institutions into compliance with the nondiscrimination mandate of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.[4] The Civil Rights Acts do not cover veterans, people with disabilities, or people over 40. These groups are protected from discrimination under different laws.[10

Theory and practice are two very different things

Is socially & culturally accepted racism a subset of institutionalized racism?

Or is that something completely different? :eusa_think:
Related but different. Look at Jeff Dunham with Achmed and Sweet Daddy D. One could easily make the argument that the two characters are gross racial sterotype- and in that regard they it is racist, even if it is a rather benign racism and accepted by society as a whole.

Institutionalized racism implies that the State or other agency enforces racist laws or policies- it also implies a more malevolent or harmful form of racial discrimination.

Whatever reason it was originally written is immaterial. The way it is written it covers everyone.

Problem is it's not interpreted the way it reads.

Show me an example where a white used AA laws as precedence in a civil suit?

It's just like EEO. Whites would get laughed out of the office if they had a complaint.

The problem I have is with fairness. As you say, laws should always be applied evenly, but they never are. If you want to look at Hate Crimes legislation, who do they protect? Certainly not whites or Christians. Only minorities and Gays.
How it is used is beyond my control. Like I said before, there probably aren't all that many cases of white people being discriminated against.

And, BS on hate crimes. There are hate crime charges brought against minorities, open your eyes.

Why don't you give me examples.

I think the reason you don't see hardly any cases of discrimination toward whites, conservatives, or Christians is because you don't recognize it as such. Several groups still exclude whites. Discrimination against whites takes place in the military. Any Blacks or women that dare to be conservative come under constant attack from the left. Clarance Thomas, Sarah Palin to name a couple.

Back in the 50s institutional racism was accepted. But times changed and what was normal then has become discriminatory.

Last edited:
As long as when a person walks into a room and we notice his race?

Racism will be with us.

It might or might now be reflected in our institutions (a la Jim Crow laws) but regardless of what the law says, PEOPLE have a way of making DE FACTO reality that trumps the law.

In Long Beach California a pack of wild feral negroes went out on a mission to find White people and beat them to a pulp. As they were attacking the Whites they were hurling racial slurs like "cracka" and "White trash" etc..etc..etc... When the charges were bought NOT one hate crime charge and in the end they got community service and a slap on the wrist.

Anybody with two eyes and a brain can find countless situations were blacks blatantly targeted Whites for vicious attacks and they are almost never charged with hate crimes. On the other hand, if I were so much as to look at a black person wrong and mutter to myself "fukkking ******!" you can be damn sure that's a 30 year hate crime felony.

If we are going to have hate crime laws on the books they better start applying it to the savage negroes that abuse it the most.

In Long Beach California a pack of wild feral negroes went out on a mission to find White people and beat them to a pulp. As they were attacking the Whites they were hurling racial slurs like "cracka" and "White trash" etc..etc..etc... When the charges were bought NOT one hate crime charge and in the end they got community service and a slap on the wrist.

Anybody with two eyes and a brain can find countless situations were blacks blatantly targeted Whites for vicious attacks and they are almost never charged with hate crimes. On the other hand, if I were so much as to look at a black person wrong and mutter to myself "fukkking ******!" you can be damn sure that's a 30 year hate crime felony.

If we are going to have hate crime laws on the books they better start applying it to the savage negroes that abuse it the most.

The mods don't like sockpuppets--especially ones by banned members, Stanley Pickle.

The truest sentence ever told. :thup:

The mods don't like sockpuppets--especially ones by banned members, Stanley Pickle.

The truest sentence ever told. :thup:

Ask them to check the IP address to prove I'm a brand new member not a sockpuppet.

The REAL truest sentence ever told. :thup: :thup: :thup:

If you have a problem with my comment why don't you refute them? Because you can't refute the truth without lying! :thup: :thup: :thup:

Take a boxing or karate class, maybe next time that black guy won't completely beat your peewee herman looking ass into a pulp.:lol:

Forum List

Back