Instead of...

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
focusing time and energy on what Beck, Hannity, Rush, or any other political pundit/ entertainer does, how about focusing that same kind of time and energy on what your own employees are doing?

Priorities people. Priorities.

focusing time and energy on what Beck, Hannity, Rush, or any other political pundit/ entertainer does, how about focusing that same kind of time and energy on what your own employees are doing?

This time of night they're all at home watching all the above.

For many, that is the case. It is amazing to me how so many employers continue to demand more of their employees than they are willing to do themselves.

Our Republic is in terrible shape and thread after thread about inane political drivel. Rather sad.

For many, that is the case. It is amazing to me how so many employers continue to demand more of their employees than they are willing to do themselves.

Our Republic is in terrible shape and thread after thread about inane political drivel. Rather sad.

Well, this IS a politcal message board after all.

Well, this IS a politcal message board after all.
Yes, I realize that. The point is a lot of people are caught up in playing some stupid gotcha game with each other, while they swim in the aforementioned kind of threads. What I am talking about is a mindset. It is stinkin thinkin.

yeah because my employees spend a lot of my time playing solitaire or posting on face book when they should be working. So I took all the games off the computer and set up my firewall to block you tube, face book twitter etc. That seemed to piss my employees off. Why do you suppose that is?

funny how none of my 10 employees ever seem to put in their full 40 hours either and they say they have no tome to keep up with simple things like filing and they can show up 5 minutes late and wait for the coffee to brew before doing anything.

funny last time I checked my hours worked, i was up in the 70 hour range.

So don't fall for the "all bosses exploit their employees" mind set. It is intellectually lazy.

yeah because my employees spend a lot of my time playing solitaire or posting on face book when they should be working. So I took all the games off the computer and set up my firewall to block you tube, face book twitter etc. That seemed to piss my employees off. Why do you suppose that is?

funny how none of my 10 employees ever seem to put in their full 40 hours either and they say they have no tome to keep up with simple things like filing and they can show up 5 minutes late and wait for the coffee to brew before doing anything.

So don't fall for the "all bosses exploit their employees" mind set. It is intellectually lazy.

sounds to me like you need some new employees

funny how none of my 10 employees ever seem to put in their full 40 hours either and they say they have no time to keep up with simple things like filing and they can show up 5 minutes late and wait for the coffee to brew before doing anything.

I genuinely like most of my people. Their skills, in general, far outweigh their flaws.

i was just making a point that employees are just that (working for someone else) for a reason.

It's all about attitude and most employees will never be willing to do what a business owner does. I get sick of people stereotyping owners as slave drivers who do nothing but exploit their workers to make a buck and that expecting employees to be diligent and to do their job to a high standard is somehow what's wrong with this country.

funny how none of my 10 employees ever seem to put in their full 40 hours either and they say they have no time to keep up with simple things like filing and they can show up 5 minutes late and wait for the coffee to brew before doing anything.

I genuinely like most of my people. Their skills, in general, far outweigh their flaws.

i was just making a point that employees are just that (working for someone else) for a reason.

It's all about attitude and most employees will never be willing to do what a business owner does. I get sick of people stereotyping owners as slave drivers who do nothing but exploit their workers to make a buck and that expecting employees to be diligent and to do their job to a high standard is somehow what's wrong with this country.
:clap2::clap2:

That's why they will always be employees, rather than Employers. Most successful employers put in a helluva lot more hrs than their employees. They're the ones that took the risks of going into business, and assume all the headaches that most employees haven't a clue about, to keep things rolling along.

Something I run into a lot is young people right out of school not wanting to work their way up, they want the same pay and job as the journeyman who's been doing it for 15+ years.
The journeyman I have with me started right out of school working for me, and did the mundane grunt work for the first 3 years he worked for me, and I, as the now owner, did it as well for the first few yrs. It's the way it is and should be, stfu and EARN your way up. It seldom fails either that the same kid that complained about everything you told him to do, is still complaining 10yrs later, wherever they're working.

I don't think that you understand the value of these people.

They have access to research and information that the normal lay person does not.

I focus on the information they provide and then apply that to our employees. A proper use of resources in My opinion.

We are. The government are our employees.

Forum List

Back