Instead of dragging everyone down...

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Why don't we ask for more instaed of less?

In WI ppl complained about teachers getting more vacation time. They didn't complain about thier jobs NOT giving enough vacation. Their envy caused them to see it as unfair.

The Average American gets approx 9 days of vacation. The screams from the right are what? Let's knock that down to 5?

I note how carefully those asking their fellow Americans to give up their right to collective bargaining fail to ask the BANKSTERS to give up their right to demand rates of interest on long and short term loans that are 10, 20, 30 times the cost of the money they borrow to relend it out.

Of course that kind of exploitation, exploitation of the have not class by the have too much class doesn't bother them one bit, does it?

Tools.

Do you just say Gubmit no matter the topic?

I didn't mention the govt at all
You started mewling about Wisconsin and teachers....Teachers get no less than three fucking months of vacation, not to forget the two weeks at Christmas, a week in the spring and the numerous "official" Monday holidays....All of them paid, no less.

If you want more days off, negotiate with your employer and knock it off with your sniveling.

Happy now?

If Americans are not allowed some sort of decent life then you will see less spending.

Its the American consumer that gives all of us a decent living.

Why does the right want the American worker stripped of a decent life?

I note how carefully those asking their fellow Americans to give up their right to collective bargaining fail to ask the BANKSTERS to give up their right to demand rates of interest on long and short term loans that are 10, 20, 30 times the cost of the money they borrow to relend it out.

Of course that kind of exploitation, exploitation of the have not class by the have too much class doesn't bother them one bit, does it?

Tools.
Super non sequitur.

What do you do for an encore?

If you can negotiate more holidays with your employer, do it, or find a job that will give you the time off you need.

I can't imagine a better way to spur on hiring than trying force small business to give more vacation, let alone vacations similar to what teachers get. lol fuck me

Then those employees should be able to ban together and get that time huh.

Ok, I know Oddball is against vacations but this isn't a partisan thing...I thought people like vacations

Why don't we ask for more instaed of less?

In WI ppl complained about teachers getting more vacation time. They didn't complain about thier jobs NOT giving enough vacation. Their envy caused them to see it as unfair.

The Average American gets approx 9 days of vacation. The screams from the right are what? Let's knock that down to 5?

Take as long a vacation as you can get, just don't bill the taxpayers for it.

If Americans are not allowed some sort of decent life then you will see less spending.

Its the American consumer that gives all of us a decent living.

Why does the right want the American worker stripped of a decent life?

why do the left want to steal all the Right's money?

One of the things that unions have done is create generations of people who've developed a mindset that's the only way to go. Union! Union! Union! That's not true. With unions, essentially, you have to pay dues or not have a job - you'll be harassed by your co-workers. Everybody has to be in lockstep. When unions make monetary demands for more, more, more from employers, the employers have less money to improve product or create new jobs. And I bet that members' dues go up as well.

The cost of employers' contributions to benefits, such as vacations, medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plans, etc. are a part of a workers' total compensation - it's factored into employer yearly budget planning. It's invisible income - and in some instances could become taxable income to the workers.

In places where unions are not so strong, those who don't join the union get every single benefit that is given to union members - and still keep that dues money in their pocket.
People have a right to work - not pay dues in order to work. Can you get fired from your job in a right-to-work state? Absolutely. But union members can also be fired from their jobs - it just costs the employer more time and money to do it.

Forum List

Back