Instant Pot

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Decided to give it a try.
It obviously won't take the place of say slow smoked ribs on the pitt but I bought it mainly for those late afternoons when you decide you want some ribs,chicken or a roast on short notice. You can even pull out your choice and throw it in frozen.

Made the chicken last night and while it was most definitely fast It lacked the flavor developed by a slower cooking process.
Going to try brining next time but that kinda kills the biggest benefit of the Instant Pot.

We bought one a few months ago and really like it. I had planned to cooked ribs, and then the rains came. I cooked them in the Instant Pot, then a broiled them few minutes. Very tasty in far less time. Mainly we have done side dishes like veggies or made soups. I like being able to make a pot of grits in half the time. It makes my quick breakfast bowls easier.

We bought one a few months ago and really like it. I had planned to cooked ribs, and then the rains came. I cooked them in the Instant Pot, then a broiled them few minutes. Very tasty in far less time. Mainly we have done side dishes like veggies or made soups. I like being able to make a pot of grits in half the time. It makes my quick breakfast bowls easier.

I have about 15 minutes left on our first try at ribs.

I've been thinking about tossing the ribs on the smoker at 220 for about an hour and then putting them in the Pot using the non submerged method in other words keeping your aromatics under the rack and not coming in contact with the ribs.

I've been thinking about tossing the ribs on the smoker at 220 for about an hour and then putting them in the Pot using the non submerged method in other words keeping your aromatics under the rack and not coming in contact with the ribs.

How did your ribs turn out?

When I did mine I used the non-submerged method too. I had the ribs on the little rack and about a cup of beef broth in the pot. (with a good rub on the ribs, of course).

I like finding basic recipes online and then doctoring them up to be better and better.

When I did mine I used the non-submerged method too. I had the ribs on the little rack and about a cup of beef broth in the pot. (with a good rub on the ribs, of course).

I like finding basic recipes online and then doctoring them up to be better and better.

They came out pretty good.
Although 30 minutes is to long I'm going to try 25 next time.
I mean I like tender ribs and all but that was a bit much.

The first time I did ribs in the Instant Pot they came out too tender. I like tender, but you should be able to pull on the rib bone and not just get the bone.

Putting them under the broiler after slathering BBQ sauce on them helped. I love to have the sauce blacked slightly.

We've used it to make some delicious beef stew and a pork roast that was amazing. (we like the pig meat)

I make a big batch of grits in the Instant Pot once a week and cook sausage crumbles. That way, in the morning I just mix some crumbles in the grits & microwave it. Then fry 2 eggs and mash them up in in the grits for a hearty breakfast bowl I can eat while I surf the news and social media.

The first time I did ribs in the Instant Pot they came out too tender. I like tender, but you should be able to pull on the rib bone and not just get the bone.

Putting them under the broiler after slathering BBQ sauce on them helped. I love to have the sauce blacked slightly.

We've used it to make some delicious beef stew and a pork roast that was amazing. (we like the pig meat)

I make a big batch of grits in the Instant Pot once a week and cook sausage crumbles. That way, in the morning I just mix some crumbles in the grits & microwave it. Then fry 2 eggs and mash them up in in the grits for a hearty breakfast bowl I can eat while I surf the news and social media.

Yep...the meat needs to have a bit of bite.
These were way more tender than the ones we handed the Judges during cook offs.

This guy's Chicken Marsala looks pretty interesting.

Yep...the meat needs to have a bit of bite.
These were way more tender than the ones we handed the Judges during cook offs.

This guy's Chicken Marsala looks pretty interesting.

That looks delicious!

Gotta say I'm glad I got the eight quart rather than the six which seems to be the most popular.
A four lb chicken is a little tight in the eight,I'd imagine the six would be worse considering it's an inch smaller in diameter.

Gotta say I'm glad I got the eight quart rather than the six which seems to be the most popular.
A four lb chicken is a little tight in the eight,I'd imagine the six would be worse considering it's an inch smaller in diameter.

I agree. We bought the eight as well. The difference in the storage space in minimal but the limitations of the six quart is significant.

I agree. We bought the eight as well. The difference in the storage space in minimal but the limitations of the six quart is significant.

Storage is no longer a problem in our house....LOL
We nixed the formal dining room and put up shelves to store all our cooking crap.

upload_2018-1-28_15-6-19.png

Decided to give it a try.
It obviously won't take the place of say slow smoked ribs on the pitt but I bought it mainly for those late afternoons when you decide you want some ribs,chicken or a roast on short notice. You can even pull out your choice and throw it in frozen.

Made the chicken last night and while it was most definitely fast It lacked the flavor developed by a slower cooking process.
Going to try brining next time but that kinda kills the biggest benefit of the Instant Pot.

OMG. Real pot heads. I was gifted one for Christmas but I haven't got it out of the box yet. I have just been walking around it, sizing it up, etc.

We nixed the formal dining room and put up shelves to store all our cooking crap.

View attachment 173834
:eek:

I like! I like! :happy-1:

View attachment 173834

Sweet!!!

My girl is the most organized person I have ever known. But she loves the retro look in our mid-century modern style home. So open storage is minimal. Just our cast iron and a few other pots out on display.

View attachment 173834

Sweet!!!

My girl is the most organized person I have ever known. But she loves the retro look in our mid-century modern style home. So open storage is minimal. Just our cast iron and a few other pots out on display.

I laughed at the Wife when she suggested that a 5000 square foot house should have plenty of kitchen storage.

I thought she knew me better.......

Considering a small pot for rice and the like to go with the entree.
Broccoli,Asparagus and the like.

Forum List

Back