Installation of a car stereo?

Jackass

Aug 29, 2003
Va
Anyone have any expertise in this matter? Got a new one for Christmas and am installing it myself. I go tthe power to the radio but wasnt getting any sound? Now I am not getting it to turn on. Any ideas??

First of all check the fuse, sounds like it blew.

What hot wire did you tap into ?

The speaker wires might have touched together and blew the fuse. Also look at the impedance of the speakers and make sure it is the same as the stereo.

Stupid, did you even hook the speaker wires up!!! also, John had this problem too, there was a wire in that pack that comes with it that needed to be changed in the harness!! Come up here and we will get it in for you dumbass!

Eric, I think the wires did touch together but I checked the fuses and all look good. I still get some power to the radio (the power switch lights up). Going to se what I can break now :)

Janeen...OF COURSE I hooked up the speakers!! :) What wire are you talking about? I went to Best Buy and they gave me the adapters to hook the radio in. They did sell me something that I am trying not to use because it is 40 bucks. It some sort of interface. Not sure if I neewd that or not. I guess I will hook it up and see if it works with it.

Hey Eric, I went back to Best Buy to exchange the connector that I bought because I thought that was the culprit. The guy there says the reason I am not getting power is because I used the ground wire from the connector. He states that you cant do that because the ground has to be from the stereo ground wire to the frame. Does that hold water with you? Also if that is the case, can I just ground the wire to the ashtray holder? Will that make the ground? Thanks!

Dumbass, I will get the full instructions for you, that one wire is the thing, I remember this problem when John put his stereo in the Mustang, the dumbass did it wrong and I had to fix it!!! all over one little wire.

If that is that case I am gonna shove it up the guys ass at Best Buy!

Depends on the stereo Jackass, the Mustang, please, had to have some special crap, and because of that it needed a special harness, but, you can get it at WalMart for $14! hahahahahahaha!!!!! LOSER! let me find out, give me the name of the stereo and the wires. It would be easier to see it, bring it up here and have my Brother Evilarnold put it in for you, he knows how to do that stuff.

Sorry Chuck,

I did not see your post till now. It would be helpful if like Janeen said, you could give us the make and model of the stereo.

Forum List

Back