Inspiration for Sky

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Dear Sky:
I'm sorry if you feel it is underestimated the personal pain and anger you feel regarding Christian abuse, especially dominance and harassment that adds to the resentment.

Again I have two friends that had such intolerable grief in this area, it could not even be discussed in their presence without causing emotional and verbal anguish and torment.
They have since moved on to let go, but not without years of great struggle. I certainly wish you less pain and suffering than what they went through to get to that point.

Someone asked the Dalai Lama at a live presentation if he really held no anger toward the Chinese for what they had done. He grinned and paused, and said with a smile it is "very very difficult."

I can only imagine your pain and memories grieve you so insufferably
that this is the best way you can express it, which is civil compared with physical ways.

For inspiration, I wanted to post you two stories of people overcoming
difficult handicaps, barriers or hardships, dealing with what they were given in life:

One-Legged Wrestler Wins NCAA Title | ThePostGame
Here is the story of a college athlete who finally won an NCAA title
after previous defeats and attempts at it.

[Video] AMP Mornings: Armless Piano Player Wins ‘China’s Got Talent’
And here is an article on a young man featured on China's Got Talent
whose performance moved people to tears.

I already mentioned I have friends with diverse challenges spiritually and politically
* an anarchist friend who believes in and supports the military as necessary
* an atheist friend who believes in the abundance of free grace and teaches
people to take advantage of it every day, letting go and starting with a clean slate

I hope I can add you as a friend,
as a "Buddhist who hates Christians" as the thorn in your side you are learning to live with.

And I hope you find some inspiration in these two stories as well
* a competitive wrestler born without his right leg
* a piano player who lost his arms and plays with his feet

We deal with whatever we are given in life, and I hope
you have just as rewarding a journey despite these
setbacks and obstacles you were given to overcome.

The more you can focus on yourself as a "hero" for not letting these setbacks
deter you from your purpose and goal, that may make your path easier and not worry
about the actions of other people that are their own responsibility not yours.

Please do not accept to bear the burden and consequences from past actions of others.
Do not carry that on yourself, when you have enough challenges to face on your own.

Take care, Sky!
Yours truly,
Emily

P.S. I still hold that image and story you posted in my mind of how beautiful the Buddhist
family brought their children into the world. I hope you and everyone around
you can practice and create that same atmosphere of mindfulness and harmony.

I would rather meditations and mindsets like that have a ripple effect in the world, in multiplying and replicating. Rather than taking any negativity you have seen in the past, and multiplying that effect. I read that Tibetan Buddhists have a tradition of treating all beings with respect as "their own mother." With the story you posted, that is more like treating all people with care as we would a new baby who is entering the world and will be shaped and influence by how we treat them and each other.

I think that is a beautiful meditation, and I pray you are surrounded with that kind of healing grace and loving kindness.

Dear Sky:
I'm sorry if you feel it is underestimated the personal pain and anger you feel regarding Christian abuse, especially dominance and harassment that adds to the resentment.

Again I have two friends that had such intolerable grief in this area, it could not even be discussed in their presence without causing emotional and verbal anguish and torment.
They have since moved on to let go, but not without years of great struggle. I certainly wish you less pain and suffering than what they went through to get to that point.

Someone asked the Dalai Lama at a live presentation if he really held no anger toward the Chinese for what they had done. He grinned and paused, and said with a smile it is "very very difficult."

I can only imagine your pain and memories grieve you so insufferably
that this is the best way you can express it, which is civil compared with physical ways.

For inspiration, I wanted to post you two stories of people overcoming
difficult handicaps, barriers or hardships, dealing with what they were given in life:

One-Legged Wrestler Wins NCAA Title | ThePostGame
Here is the story of a college athlete who finally won an NCAA title
after previous defeats and attempts at it.

[Video] AMP Mornings: Armless Piano Player Wins ‘China’s Got Talent’
And here is an article on a young man featured on China's Got Talent
whose performance moved people to tears.

I already mentioned I have friends with diverse challenges spiritually and politically
* an anarchist friend who believes in and supports the military as necessary
* an atheist friend who believes in the abundance of free grace and teaches
people to take advantage of it every day, letting go and starting with a clean slate

I hope I can add you as a friend,
as a "Buddhist who hates Christians" as the thorn in your side you are learning to live with.

And I hope you find some inspiration in these two stories as well
* a competitive wrestler born without his right leg
* a piano player who lost his arms and plays with his feet

We deal with whatever we are given in life, and I hope
you have just as rewarding a journey despite these
setbacks and obstacles you were given to overcome.

The more you can focus on yourself as a "hero" for not letting these setbacks
deter you from your purpose and goal, that may make your path easier and not worry
about the actions of other people that are their own responsibility not yours.

Please do not accept to bear the burden and consequences from past actions of others.
Do not carry that on yourself, when you have enough challenges to face on your own.

Take care, Sky!
Yours truly,
Emily

P.S. I still hold that image and story you posted in my mind of how beautiful the Buddhist
family brought their children into the world. I hope you and everyone around
you can practice and create that same atmosphere of mindfulness and harmony.

I would rather meditations and mindsets like that have a ripple effect in the world, in multiplying and replicating. Rather than taking any negativity you have seen in the past, and multiplying that effect. I read that Tibetan Buddhists have a tradition of treating all beings with respect as "their own mother." With the story you posted, that is more like treating all people with care as we would a new baby who is entering the world and will be shaped and influence by how we treat them and each other.

I think that is a beautiful meditation, and I pray you are surrounded with that kind of healing grace and loving kindness.

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the kind wishes and inspiration. May all beings benefit.

Sky

Forum List

Back