Insomniacs Unite!

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Or late night workers, whichever. Just post something fun or funny for our own amusement. I'm bored if you can't tell.

funny-pictures-angry-cat-wonders-what-part-of-carnivore-confuses-you.jpg

Beautiful, even my favorite breed was shown, the calico maine coon.

I have always liked the Maine Coons also. Amos, the cat that is usually my avatar is supposedly part Maine Coon. He and Felix, my current avatar, were both adopted. I have also, over the years, adopted a Russian Blue(amazing young lady named Spriggins), a white Chinchilla Persian named Sylvester(looked like the Fancy Feast cat, normal snout not smashed), an Abyssinian and a Somali named Lana and Madison(adopted from rescuers that got them from a breeder that said the Somali wasn't the right color and the Aby's hair was too long). I love the independence of cats, its like being around wild animals that permit you to be near them. The three dogs I have had over the years were also like cats, very independent, they were Afghan Hounds. I've always been attracted to independent woman as well.

I have always liked the Maine Coons also. Amos, the cat that is usually my avatar is supposedly part Maine Coon. He and Felix, my current avatar, were both adopted. I have also, over the years, adopted a Russian Blue(amazing young lady named Spriggins), a white Chinchilla Persian named Sylvester(looked like the Fancy Feast cat, normal snout not smashed), an Abyssinian and a Somali named Lana and Madison(adopted from rescuers that got them from a breeder that said the Somali wasn't the right color and the Aby's hair was too long). I love the independence of cats, its like being around wild animals that permit you to be near them. The three dogs I have had over the years were also like cats, very independent, they were Afghan Hounds. I've always been attracted to independent woman as well.

I had one dog in my life, he came begging to be rescued (abused so bad his skull was misshapen) so I took him in since he for some reason chose me, couldn't in my right mind let him go back. Most of the cats I have had were adoptions, I take the ones that other people think are "lost causes" and they ALWAYS wind up being the most affectionate ones when I finally show them what a good human is like. Right now it's one reason I am hating the city life more, all our buildings are going "no pets allowed" and I really miss being around them. Growing up I once adopted a rooster ... LOL ... as odd as that sounds, got him as a chick from the neighbors (rooster got into the hen house of his egg chickens) and he was so cool. But my cats, always will I love them and miss them more than anything, Scruffy (the dog I rescued) I miss to, but he lived the last few years of his life on a farm and loved every minute of it.

I had one dog in my life, he came begging to be rescued (abused so bad his skull was misshapen) so I took him in since he for some reason chose me, couldn't in my right mind let him go back. Most of the cats I have had were adoptions, I take the ones that other people think are "lost causes" and they ALWAYS wind up being the most affectionate ones when I finally show them what a good human is like. Right now it's one reason I am hating the city life more, all our buildings are going "no pets allowed" and I really miss being around them. Growing up I once adopted a rooster ... LOL ... as odd as that sounds, got him as a chick from the neighbors (rooster got into the hen house of his egg chickens) and he was so cool. But my cats, always will I love them and miss them more than anything, Scruffy (the dog I rescued) I miss to, but he lived the last few years of his life on a farm and loved every minute of it.

I had a girlfriend that lived in the country and like Kramer, she decided she wanted fresh eggs so she went and bought a bunch of chicks. The guy she got them from claimed he had sexed them and she was getting all hens with one rooster......... it turned out to be the opposite. She ended up with 6 Rhode Island Reds, very aggressive little shits. I would go out to feed them and they would act like tiny Bruce Lees, side stepping towards me and trying to kick me. Pretty funny.

The way the rooster is filmed in this commercial never fails to get a laugh out of me, they are pretty cool birds.:lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzK6MqVG_PM]YouTube - TV ad for Ambien CR[/ame]

Last edited:
Oh, Tweety was a sweety (the rooster I raised). He would stand on my shoulder (a big bird on a child's shoulder, comical, wish I had some pics) and loved to be petted. He was prize quality even (guess cats know how to raise our food well *snicker*). Someone stole him though, that upset me, but if I had the chance I'd raise another, I think they are underrated as pets, they just require a LOT of handling as chicks.

I've seen those cats (I am unable to watch the video right now.) they have five or six toes, I can't remember which. they are named Ava Gardner and can't remember the names of the other ones.

This is a blurb from Wiki about them, interestingly, the cats are demanding to be recognized as a new breed where they will get all the same rights as other cat breeds.:lol::lol::lol:

Polydactyl cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Polydactyl cat
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the polydactyl cats at the Ernest Hemingway House in Key West, Florida. This particular cat has 7 (2 extra) toes on each paw.
A polydactyl cat is a cat with a congenital physical anomaly, with more than usual number of toes on one or more of its paws as a result of a cat body type genetic mutation. In animals including humans, polydactyly (or polydactylism, also known as hyperdactyly) is the anatomical abnormality of having more than the usual number of digits on the hands or feet.

Normal cats (Hey, whose to say what's normal!?)have four toes and one dewclaw (thumb) on each front paw and four toes on each hind paw. Polydactyl cats may have as many as seven digits on front and/or hind paws, and various combinations of anywhere from four to seven are common, although each of the front and rear paws are typically the same. Polydactyly is most commonly found on the front paws only, with polydactyly of all four paws being less common. It is rare for a cat to have polydactyl hind paws only.
The true polydactyly - commonly called mitten foot, mitten cat or thumb cat condition - is a congenital abnormality, genetically inherited as an autosomal dominant trait of the Pd gene with incomplete penetrance. This type of polydactyly is not life-threatening and usually not even debilitating to a cat. Some polydactyl kittens initially have more difficulty in learning to walk and climb than normal animals. However in some cases it appears to improve the dexterity of the animal. For example, a common variation of polydactyly with six toes on the front paws, with two opposing digits on each (comparable in use to human thumbs), enables the cat to learn and perform feats of manual dexterity generally not observed in non-polydactyl cats, such as opening latches or catching objects with a single paw.
Feline radial hypoplasia (see squitten) is a mimic of polydactyly and is considered a severe condition. Radial hypoplasia may cause the formation of extra jointed toes, but it is not a result of the Pd gene normally associated with polydactyls. It thus does not cause the "mitten cat" or "thumb cat" condition where the extra toes occur separated from the normal ones just like a dewclaw, usually associated with an additional pad which makes them look like a underdeveloped foot sticking out near the base of the normal toes.
Rather, radial hypoplasia-related extra toes are immediately adjacent to the normal ones, giving the cat overly large, flat feet - colloquially known as "patty feet" or "hamburger feet". Though this looks less serious than true polydactyly (as the feet appear "normal" apart from having one or two extra toes), breeding such cats will eventually result in severely crippled offspring that will have to be euthanized. Cats used in polydactyl breeding programs can be screened by x-ray for indicators of radial hypoplasia, and cats suspected to have radial hypoplasia should not be used for breeding.
[edit]History

The condition seems to be most commonly found in cats along the eastern coast of the United States and in South West England. Some sources state that these cats are rare in Europe because they were killed as witches' familiars,[1] but other sources indicate that they are quite common in England. [2] Polydactyl Cats are very common in the Cardigan area of Wales and are known as Cardi-Cats. A Canadian cat called Tiger was recognised by Guinness World Records as having the highest number of toes on a cat, with 27 toes. The current world record for the cat with most toes belongs to Jake who has 28 toes, with seven on each paw, as counted by a veterinarian on September 24, 2002. [3]

Last edited:
I tried to sleep, but I am having another infection so it's very uncomfortable to lay down ...*sigh* Oh well, time for LOLCats.

Who else is awake right now?

I'm up. I don't think I'll have a job tomorrow so I'm kinda just goingfor it. :lol:

Why, what's going on with your job?

I took the advice of those that said I should report the lesbian that's been harassing me. I went for it today. I wrote up what's been going on and turned it into my manager. I have a feeling, like I've always had, that she has the juice to trump me.

I guess we'll see. :doubt:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2BdCbZkKY&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div]YouTube - Kitty said what? - Morphing Kittens[/ame]

Forum List

Back