~Insomnia Kicking My Ass~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
No sleep...again *sigh*
I went for 3 days with no sleep.....up till a day or two ago, then I finally was able to get a few hours.
Then again last night, no sleep...I laid down at 10:30 p.m. this evening, dozed off for a short while, only to be rudely awakened by the sound of thunder at 12:08 a.m........fucking shit.
I tried to go back to sleep....but no doing, I am a very light sleeper and once I am woken up, I have a hard time going back to sleep.
So....there must be a reason I'm not meant to get much sleep.....better be a damn good reason too :lol:

No sleep...again *sigh*
I went for 3 days with no sleep.....up till a day or two ago, then I finally was able to get a few hours.
Then again last night, no sleep...I laid down at 10:30 p.m. this evening, dozed off for a short while, only to be rudely awakened by the sound of thunder at 12:08 a.m........fucking shit.
I tried to go back to sleep....but no doing, I am a very light sleeper and once I am woken up, I have a hard time going back to sleep.
So....there must be a reason I'm not meant to get much sleep.....better be a damn good reason too :lol:

See a doctor there is medication that can help. Also be checked for sleep apnea.

No sleep...again *sigh*

You might wear it out, but......................

"Sexual stimulation and orgasm help you sleep by causing your brain to secrete neurochemicals to induce sleep. For instance, sexual stimulation and arousal send a signal to release dopamine, which helps kill pain and leads to relaxation.

In addition, orgasms cause the brain to release the hormone oxytocin, which helps induce sleepiness within twenty to thirty minutes in women and two to five minutes in men."

No sleep...again *sigh*

I have had great results with Melatonin and Valerian Root (OTC). Check with your Doctor to make sure these OTC medications do not have a negative impact on any others meds you may be using.
As we age :eusa_whistle: our bodies naturally lose melatonin stores.
Being in TN, I could also understand where heat may factor in with insomnia.

@ Retired- I was on Lunesta at one time, but I didn't like the way it made me feel. I have Xanax now, to help with my stress and anxiety issues. Sometimes I take a couple of those to help me sleep, which I did at 10, before I went to bed. But once the thunder came along...I was up~

@ Shintao- Yes I have heard sex can help a person rest better, and orgasm, anyway you can get one *haha* But I am a single person at the moment, and I really don't have the desire or urge to pleasure myself. So....thanks for the advice, but those won't be of use ~LoL~

@ MeBelle- I have tried Melatonin, I have a bottle of it right now in my closet in fact. Does nothing for me...4 tablets even, still nothing~

Dabs, have you recently cut back on Xanax or any other medication that helps you with stress and anxiety?

Dabs, have you recently cut back on Xanax or any other medication that helps you with stress and anxiety?

Not really...I am prescribed 90 pills per month, that's 3 per day~
I usually follow the advice of my doctor when to take them.

No sleep...again *sigh*

"Sexual stimulation and orgasm help you sleep by causing your brain to secrete neurochemicals to induce sleep. For instance, sexual stimulation and arousal send a signal to release dopamine, which helps kill pain and leads to relaxation.

In addition, orgasms cause the brain to release the hormone oxytocin, which helps induce sleepiness within twenty to thirty minutes in women and two to five minutes in men."
DAAAAMN. I think he indirectly told you to go fuck yourself.:lol:

I'm in the same club. I sleep about 3 hours at a time, once or twice a day, and after a week or so completely fall into a 10-12 hour coma.
Busting a nut doesn't change it for me.

I'm in the same club. I sleep about 3 hours at a time, once or twice a day, and after a week or so completely fall into a 10-12 hour coma.
Busting a nut doesn't change it for me.

No sleep...again *sigh*

DAAAAMN. I think he indirectly told you to go fuck yourself.:lol:

Yeah, I guess he did, in a round-a-bout way!
It wouldn't be the first time I've been told that........ :tongue:

Forum List

Back