Insider Trading bill passes House, 417-2

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
House Passes Insider Trading Bill | Fox News

The House passed a bill banning Congress and executive branch officials from insider trading, but brushed aside a provision aimed at reining in those who pry financial information from Congress and sell it to investment firms.

Thursday's 417-2 vote likely sends the legislation to a House-Senate conference, where supporters of the tougher regulation will try to restore the proposal that was included in the version passed by the Senate. Voting against the bill were Reps. John Campbell, R-Calif. and Rep. Rob Woodall, R-Ga.

The House bill accepted Senate language that would require lawmakers to disclose all their mortgages, ending an exemption for loans on personal residences. And the House legislation vastly expands the list of felony convictions that would require lawmakers to be ineligible for their government pensions.

good for them.

The House passed a bill banning Congress and executive branch officials from insider trading, but brushed aside a provision aimed at reining in those who pry financial information from Congress and sell it to investment firms.

Thursday's 417-2 vote likely sends the legislation to a House-Senate conference, where supporters of the tougher regulation will try to restore the proposal that was included in the version passed by the Senate. Voting against the bill were Reps. John Campbell, R-Calif. and Rep. Rob Woodall, R-Ga.

Wonder what their problem was!

Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out." -- Andrew Jackson

Wonder what their problem was!

There was too much wiggle room for them to keep doing what they were doing. Instead of going through the front door they could go through the back door. It just didn't go far enough.

Will the do-nothing democrat majority in the senate get off their asses and deal with it?

Thursday's 417-2 vote likely sends the legislation to a House-Senate conference, where supporters of the tougher regulation will try to restore the proposal that was included in the version passed by the Senate.

That may answer my question, too.

417-2...That tells me there's a back door in this bill somewhere.

Yep I figure it at least pardons all previous offenses?
And probably seals some records?

If it was legal, what would there be to pardon? Congress can't enact an ex post facto law, anyway, so any sealing would be to prevent embarrassment, not prosecution.

Insider Trading bill passes House, 417-2

Any news why 2 voted against it. Are they all done or what?

What I don't understand is why Congress would somehow be exempt from the same laws that we must abide by?????

Forum List

Back