INSIDER REPORT: ILLEGAL (ITIN) Alien ID Cards & $20k To Care For Your Own Child

george4title

Aug 2, 2010

Please help me understand this. I don't claim to have all the facts but my tax lady talked with me for an hour about how the Illegal Aliens in this country are BLOWING OPEN some technicalities in the tax and welfare system. Apparently we issue some type of Illegal Alien ID card that allows them to get tax returns. They come in with 4+ EIN numbers with income from various employers and they receive tax returns, and this is in addition to $500+ in food stamps, free education, VIP healthcare, and low income housing, childcare, WIC and sometimes cash aid welfare. This is insane! They drive without insurance or a licence and get a slap on the wrist. While people with "papers" get stuck paying sky high fines!

To top it all off, apparently if you have a disabled child in mexico or any other foreign country and you can make it here, our government will pay you 20k per year to take care of your own child. I'm speechless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hispanics criminal mindset does not get left at the border

George, your tax lady is wrong, or you misunderstood her. I have a Masters in Tax Law, so I'm not just talking out of my ass here. ONLY a citizen with a social security number or a LEGAL alien with a taxpayer identification number can file a tax return. An illegal alien who earns money in the US has an obligation to pay taxes on that income, but unless they have stolen/fraudulent identification, the IRS never knew about it.

In order to get a tax refund, other than the EIC, you have to have (a) earned money and (b) had too much tax withheld on it. There has been a year in which older Americans could file and get $250 as a bump in social security benefits, but that is not an on-going thing. So unless illegal aliens are impersonating citizens who are taxpayers and embezzling their refund checks, they are not collecting refunds.

Now, having said all that, there has been a scandal in recent years. Prisoners have created false W-2's, filed false tax returns as if they had worked, been paid and had tax withheld, and gotten refunds. No such company as the one they claimed to have worked for existed, and of course, no such tax was withheld, so the refunds were embezzled funds. The IRS should have caught these scams and did not -- and it could be your tax lady is talking about something similar.

As for a disabled Mexican child, living in Mexico, whose Mexican parent is an illegal alien living in the US getting $20,000 a year, this is another fairy tale. An American parent (with income below a certain level) with a disabled American child living with them in America may get what is known as Supplemental Social Security. It comes to no more than about $600 a month, or $7,200 a year. If that American parent is not living with that American child in America, no dice. So, for example, if the child lives with its grandparent (in America), the money will be paid to the grandparents and not the parent. I know of no way to game this system so that the payout is tripled and the child is not in America.

We certainly do pay for many things for illegal aliens and it is a serious problem....but the scenario your tax lady described is a gross exaggeration.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back