Insecure password warning in Firefox

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Frequently, but not always, I get a full screen warning about insecure passwords on USMB. The URL is USMB but the page is not. Usually I can hit the back button and hit my link again and it works. Sometimes I have to do that two or three time to get to the next page. If I click on security, I get this.

Insecure password warning in Firefox | Firefox Help

I have been using Firefox for USMB since 2009 and this is new.

Frequently, but not always, I get a full screen warning about insecure passwords on USMB. The URL is USMB but the page is not. Usually I can hit the back button and hit my link again and it works. Sometimes I have to do that two or three time to get to the next page. If I click on security, I get this.

Have you thought of Opera instead of Firefox?

I get all sorts of intrusion attacks while I'm on here but my virus program blocks them.

Use the FF java-blocker "YesScript"...it stops all of it but you can't use the smileys without turning it off....you'll see the button up on your toolbar.

Firefox is just doing it's job.
It is basically telling you that the site you are entering the password on is not a secure site.
It is a good thing. But since of course this site does not have any actual information about you, it doesn't matter.

Have two or more hard drives on your pc and isolate them. One for online shenanigans like message boards or gaming, the other for real stuff like banking and more important things. I'm sure you can even find a way to set them up with a physical switch to physically disconnect the data cable from the one you aren't using. There is always a way just find it.

Have two or more hard drives on your pc and isolate them. One for online shenanigans like message boards or gaming, the other for real stuff like banking and more important things. I'm sure you can even find a way to set them up with a physical switch to physically disconnect the data cable from the one you aren't using. There is always a way just find it.

Duh, most computers already have a partition...it's called "safe mode"...the F8 key for most Windows OS.

Duh, most computers already have a partition...it's called "safe mode"...the F8 key for most Windows OS.

You're really ugly when you're stupid. Duh.

If two HD's are attached to the data cables hackies have a way to access both. If you can do it on your pc a hacker can do it as well. Only physical separation is fool proof. And even that can be gone around if you can get a USB stick into the computer as with Stuxnet.

For home computers physical separation is overkill but the sure fire method for 100% security.

See my post in the "sticky" section about this in Announcements. It's not much to worry about. Just a lot of browsers making ASSUMPTIONS about the NEED for security access to any site. IMO..

See my post in the "sticky" section about this in Announcements. It's not much to worry about. Just a lot of browsers making ASSUMPTIONS about the NEED for security access to any site. IMO..
It is not that I am worried. I don't do any purchasing or banking on this computer. The problem is getting blocked from moving to another page.

It is not that I am worried. I don't do any purchasing or banking on this computer. The problem is getting blocked from moving to another page.

Unless you're donating to USMB on-line, IMO --- there are no "security threats" on USMB other than your password. So if the browser gives you the option to continue to the new page -- and you're SURE you're on USMB -- I would just ignore the warning. There is probably a place under browser security settings to make USMB a "trusted site"...

Forum List

Back