Insanity and City Government

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Consider the following in light of Einstein's famous axiom...

1. " Liberals and conservatives have thundered rhetoric at each other for years, but we finally have some facts. CNN gave the US Census rankings for cities with the most poverty and showed how long these cities have been run by Democrats:

Detroit, MI, 1961;
Buffalo, NY, 1954;
Cincinnati, OH, 1984;
Cleveland, OH, 1989;
Miami, FL, forever;
St. Lewis, MO, 1949;
El Paso, TX, forever;
Milwaukee, WI, 1908;
Philadelphia, PA, 1952;
and Newark, NJ, 1907.

Five of our poorest cities have been led by Democrats for more than 45 years. The two other cities on the list, Miami, FL and El Paso, TX have never had Republican mayors. Not ever."
http://www.scragged.com/articles/democrat-disaster-cities__________________

In full disclosure, and considered the recent presidential election, I don't foresee a return to sanity anytime soon....

...but this Philly newspaper held out a straw to clutch:

2. "Hold your horses! While all the talk’s been about which Democrat will be the next mayor of Philadelphia, there’s something brewing in the previously pulseless, but now rejuvenated local GOP - ...

3. ... divided factions in the city’s Republican Party have been quietly meeting over the past few months, and there are signs that the party may be ending its civil war and rallying behind a new leadership team as early as this week.

4.... with Republicans representing only 11.73 percent of all registered voters in Philadelphia, the party’s got its work cut out. (The registration numbers, as of this morning, were 805,518 Democrats, 120,206 Republicans, and 98,870 others (non-partisan/independent, as well as third parties) for a total of 1.024,594 voters, according to the City Commissioners’ office.)

5. But the big story is the emergence of a dark horse candidate who is well-known and liked among the business and philanthropic communities in Philadelphia and who comes from a prominent family here.

6. Dana Spain, 43... "I'm a cheerleader, and I build things from scratch. And I want to be a cheerleader for our city because we need that right now," Spain told me, adding, “People are still looking at us as a backwards city."

7. But is that record enough in a city so blue that the only red seen is from gun violence rather than from a Republican insurgence? Can the message trump the registration odds?

8. “This is a great city with great people. But what we have not had is great leadership. In order for Philadelphia to thrive again, we need REFORMERS who have NEW ideas, NEW perspectives, and are from OUTSIDE the system,”... Philadelphia simply can't afford the failed leadership - and lack of vision - we have seen over the past 60 years.” A dark horse emerges as a potential GOP mayoral candidate

To touch base with reality....

9. "In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes."
In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes

10. Insanity marches on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back