CDZ Innocent until proven guilty.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Another gift to the colonies from Britain.

I have seen comments on here that it is under threat in the US.

What say you ? Is it under threat and if so is it worth defending ?

Last edited:
I wish Republicans and other assorted self-proclaimed conservatives had a scintilla of the amount of care for innocent blacks that have been killed by police as they have for this grown-up prep-kid Kavanaught that they've been weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over.

Last edited:
I wish Republicans and other assorted self-proclaimed conservatives had a scintilla of the amount of care for innocent blacks that have been killed by police as they have for this grown-up prep-kid Kavanaught that they've been weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over.
I hadnt thought about it in those terms but it really is the ultimate finger to innocent until proven guilty.

Again racism rears its' ugly head. The poor are most likely to be victims of the system regardless of the color of their skin.

No, it's not under threat.

But most conservatives have contempt for the doctrine, particularly with regard to undocumented immigrants.

Do you have psychic ability to know what most of any group thinks or perhaps a crystal ball? You like so many self righteous, pompous asses "spout off at the kisser" and let your "alligator mouth overload your humming bird ass"

There have been several democrats who have specifically said that a woman who accuses a man of sexual misconduct should be believed. That is guilty until proven innocent, which for the democrats applies to all men unless of course they are democrats like that Ellison guy in Minnesota who is a democrat running to be the next state AG.

Re the innocent black guys killed by police, I think it most cases the cop doesn't shoot somebody unless he/she feels threatened. It isn't a question of innocence or guilt, it's a question of self-defense. Cops do not decide innocence or guilt, their job is to stop any violence and investigate what happened and arrest anybody who ought to be arrested. Sometimes it turns out that the cop acted inappropriately and should not have shot the person, nobody is saying in every case the shooting was justified. But I would say that most conservatives do not approve of unwarranted police violence against blacks, that's a pretty stupid thing to say.

What is your opinion of the allegations leveled by Karen Monahan? Do you care as much about her as you do about the "...innocent blacks that have been killed by police"? Are you at least consistent?

Everyone knows who Christine Ford is. Does anyone know who Karen Monahan is? Christine Ford, according to some, should be believed, simply because she is a woman. Karen Monahan, another woman, is not even named anymore in most cases. Why is that?

Yes, the idea if "innocent until proven guilty" is very much under attack. If it falls, so to, does our Republic. So, yes, it is worth defending, with my life, if necessary. Anyone who does not see it, is either blinded by something, or willfully ignorant.

"Innocent until proven guily" is for Criminal Charges, NOT confirmation hearings/job interviews.

If you heard from credible friends (or Yale Grads), that the woman you were considering for baby sitter had molested 3 other children, would you hire her?

No, not send her to jail, hire her.
`

"Innocent until proven guily is for Criminal Charges, NOT confirmation hearings/job interviews.

If you heard from credible friends (or Yale Grads), that the woman you were considering for baby sitter had molested 3 other children, would you hire her?

`
Just to clarify, Is it then ok to smear her character on Facebook( AKA publicly)? That's what is being done to Kavanaugh. His character is being publicly smeared because of a 30+ year old allegation that has NO EVIDENCE. Is Mrs. Ford correct? She may be, I don't know, Bret may very well have done it. Unfortunately, short of time-travel, we will never know, because there is no evidence. Therefore, should we hold it against him? I say no, what do you say?

"Innocent until proven guily is for Criminal Charges, NOT confirmation hearings/job interviews.

`
Just to clarify, Is it then ok to smear her character on Facebook( AKA publicly)? That's what is being done to Kavanaugh. His character is being publicly smeared because of a 30+ year old allegation that has NO EVIDENCE. Is Mrs. Ford correct? She may be, I don't know, Bret may very well have done it. Unfortunately, short of time-travel, we will never know, because there is no evidence. Therefore, should we hold it against him? I say no, what do you say?
The Kavanaugh HEARING is a PUBLIC/National issue. On TV.... not a baby sitter affair.

I want to keep this CDZ, but we have to have some reasonable/analagous comparisons here.
thx

Funny that when the "colonies" broke away from the Queen, they were treated as guilty until proven innocent and we had to flog your asses to get free and clear. The only thing the Brits ever gave us is orange juice as a cure for scurvy.

How many innocent blacks are killed by police each year? How many whites?

Our language, and culture is largely British. Yes, Due Process of Law is under attack by the Left, Democrats, Media, etc.

Again racism rears its' ugly head. The poor are most likely to be victims of the system regardless of the color of their skin.
I'm curious to know what's the racism you're referring to that's raised its ugly head.

There have been several democrats who have specifically said that a woman who accuses a man of sexual misconduct should be believed. That is guilty until proven innocent, which for the democrats applies to all men unless of course they are democrats like that Ellison guy in Minnesota who is a democrat running to be the next state AG.

Re the innocent black guys killed by police, I think it most cases the cop doesn't shoot somebody unless he/she feels threatened. It isn't a question of innocence or guilt, it's a question of self-defense. Cops do not decide innocence or guilt, their job is to stop any violence and investigate what happened and arrest anybody who ought to be arrested. Sometimes it turns out that the cop acted inappropriately and should not have shot the person, nobody is saying in every case the shooting was justified. But I would say that most conservatives do not approve of unwarranted police violence against blacks, that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
I don’t think saying that believing abused women is the same as convicting the accused. When you look at the massive amounts of women who are victims of sexual assault/harassment and the large percentage that do not come forward for fear of being shamed and not believed then maybe you can understand why many want to change the status quo. Instead of immediately doubting abuse victims and challenging them to prove their claims what if we fostered a more open environment and treated them with support in the process of them telling their stories.

I don’t think anybody is pushing to convict the accused without due process but you have to admitt there is a problem with intimidation towards the abused. Do you have any productive ideas that may help?

It has to be all or nothing in my opinion. But it is an emotive subject and people get wound up very easily.

What is your opinion of the allegations leveled by Karen Monahan? Do you care as much about her as you do about the "...innocent blacks that have been killed by police"? Are you at least consistent?
I don't see what an alleged sexual case has to do w/police brutality.

What's the consistency there?

But to answer your red herring question, my opinion is that I look forward to the facts found in the investigation that Keith Ellison, himself, requested conducted.

Whatever comes from that investigation where the facts are searched and discovered, will be fine with me.

Is that your position as well?

Last edited:
I'm curious to know what's the racism you're referring to that's raised its ugly head.

Seems every post you make has a racial element. As I said the poor not just blacks are victims of the system and until all of us recognize what the problem is nothing will be solved. There is one race the human race with a lot of variation when all the variations come together to make demands it is powerful while separate groups demands are weak.

Forum List

Back