Inmate says Warren County Officers raped & tortured her

Mrs. M.

Man Feed Guest Writer
Nov 2, 2015
upload_2017-1-31_14-36-24.png

An inmate at the Warren County Jail has brought a lawsuit saying that three correctional officers violently raped her, that the nurses at the facility refused her medicine for epilepsy and that she was stripped of her clothing according to a report. Doctors at a nearby hospital confirmed that her dislocated shoulder was indicative of being held down while forcibly raped. One officer whose semen was found in the woman's urine (after hospital examination) claims the sex was consensual.

The forensic evidence was destroyed by employees at the jail including the mattress that the woman says she was raped on. The FBI said they did investigate but most of the forensic evidence had been destroyed. The following news story was reported by a local station - WCPO and gives more details about the case.

Prisoner says Warren County jailers raped her, nurses refused to give her epilepsy medication

One jailer accused of rape said he had sex with the woman but it was consensual. A hospital test identified sperm in the woman's urine. The woman said she was not able to identify the other men who sexually assaulted her.

The lawsuit, filed by attorney Jennifer L. Branch, says the woman's withdrawal from her medication left her in a compromised state and that's when she was raped in her cell.

"In her cell she's put on her stomach. Three different officers in uniform are present," Branch told WCPO on Monday. "She can see parts of them and can hear their voices and she knows what they did to her."

The lawsuit says the Warren County Sheriff's Office investigated the accused rapes but did not collect forensic evidence from the woman's clothing, bed or cell or the lab results identifying sperm in her urine.

The jail disposed of the woman's plastic mattress that would have contained DNA and other forensic evidence, the suit says.

A Warren County assistant prosecutor did not conduct an independent investigation of the accused rapes or the conditions of the woman's confinement, according to the suit.

The FBI investigated the sexual assault but most of the forensic evidence had been destroyed, the suit says.

------------------
It is my opinion that this case should have been thoroughly investigated by an outside source from the onset. Why did the Warren County assistant prosecutor not conduct an independent investigation of the accused rapes and the conditions of the woman's confinement? Clearly the Warren County jail knew it was destroying evidence when they failed to collect the forensic evidence and chose to dispose of it. A former lawsuit brought by the woman in 2013 was dropped by the law firm who had taken the case. I've been unable to find an explanation for their decision not to pursue the case.

Another news source, the NY Post reports about the case:

http://nypost.com/2017/01/31/woman-claims-she-was-raped-by-jailers-left-catatonic/

A former inmate at a jail in Ohio claims she was raped by three jail officers after being denied epilepsy medication — leaving her vulnerable and incapacitated by uncontrollable seizures, according to an explosive federal lawsuit.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in US District Court in Cincinnati, claims the 38-year-old woman told jailers within hours of being processed into the Warren County Jail in May 2013 that she needed her meds or she would have “debilitating” seizures. But she claims she never received the medications and instead was tortured, suffering one attack that left “shattered bones” in her shoulder, according to the lawsuit naming seven nurses and two corrections officers as defendants.

Here is one more news source, Fox19, which reports she was in jail for non payment of child support:
Lawsuit: Woman raped by officers at Warren County Jail

A Cincinnati woman has filed a federal lawsuit against multiple staff members at the Warren County jail. The 22-page suit alleges at least three corrections officers sexually assaulted the inmate during her time at the jail. It also claims the woman was tortured and held in horrific conditions.

The inmate was jailed for non-payment of child support in 2013.
-------------

While a civil suit is certainly in order, I'm wondering why none of these people have been arrested and put on trial. There appears to be a cover up in Warren County. Hopefully the truth will now come out and justice will be served.

_______
‘God, please help me’: Inmate claims jailers raped her, refused medicine and left her ‘catatonic’

Ohio jail guards accused of raping, 'torturing' inmate: suit

Warren County Prisoner Suing Claiming Rape, Torture | ESPN 1530

Lawsuit: Woman raped by officers at Warren County Jail

Prisoner says Warren County jailers raped her, nurses refused to give her epilepsy medication

Last edited:
Semen in her urine that matches one of the officers and no charges have been filed yet? It's crap like this that undermines public confidence in our government yet the law enforcement community will continue to protect the worst of the worst, then complain about the public not supporting them.

Semen in her urine that matches one of the officers and no charges have been filed yet? It's crap like this that undermines public confidence in our government yet the law enforcement community will continue to protect the worst of the worst, then complain about the public not supporting them.

Exactly. I'm horrified that this happened in 2013 and she has yet to see any justice. When I read the story I was wondering about it. A civil suit? Why haven't these people been arrested and put on trial? Why didn't the Warren County Prosecutor do his job? Something is very, very wrong with this picture!

Exactly. I'm horrified that this happened in 2013 and she has yet to see any justice. When I read the story I was wondering about it. A civil suit? Why haven't these people been arrested and put on trial? Why didn't the Warren County Prosecutor do his job? Something is very, very wrong with this picture!

she has the best attorney possible for this type of case

I seriously doubt sex between an inmate and a guard could ever be considered 'consensual', and tossing the mattress is giant red flag; prison systems aren't noted for giving a crap about ratty mattresses and the like and handing out new ones just out of concern for inmates, either.

I seriously doubt sex between an inmate and a guard could ever be considered 'consensual', and tossing the mattress is giant red flag; prison systems aren't noted for giving a crap about ratty mattresses and the like and handing out new ones just out of concern for inmates, either.

I agree. I believe that when citizens across the country descend on Warren County officials, the Governor, the Prosecutors office, etc. and demand that this young lady receive justice, we'll see these wicked people put on trial and sent to prison. The more phone calls, letters, and pressure put on them the faster this will be resolved. I'm praying for this woman and her family that God avenges them of their adversaries. This has gone on far too long. She should never have been put through this. I believe every word of her testimony. EVERY SINGLE WORD.

The spokesman / Sheriff for Warren County sounds awfully sure of himself but how sure of himself will he be when he stands before God Almighty on Judgment Day and has to give an account for what he permitted to take place in his own jail? Is it worth him spending an eternity in hell over? It never ceases to amaze me how many of these type people will claim to be Christians because they attend a church and pay tithes. They are surely in for a very rude awakening. No worker of iniquity is going to be received by Jesus Christ. Once saved always saved is not the deal. Not by a long shot.

Forum List

Back