Inland GOP mailing depicts Obama's face on food stamp

Looks like the republicans here are unaware of their own racism to me.

Indeed.

Anyone who is unaware of the context of black people, watermelon, and fried chicken is either lying, or they are unaware of their own racism.

And republicans wonder why black people won't vote for them. Black people take note of that shit. And they take note when republicans defend confederate flags and watermelon pictures.

Looks like the republicans here are unaware of their own racism to me.

It's not "their" racism. This was an act of one person. It was in poor taste. It obviously has racist overtones.

What is it with grouping an entire group into one category because of the actions of one person? That's like saying all Democrats are drunken, adulterous killers who couldn't keep their car on a bridge if they wanted to.

Obama admitted that it was a racist comment. And you call me ignorant :lol:

Are you a classmate of Modbert's or are you the left wingnut Political Science teacher?

Drag me into the argument for no reason.

So glad you find racism funny. Show your true colors some more.

It's gotta really suck to be you. My condolences.

Hmm, I go to an amazing law school, have a good salary, my party is about to win the presidency, increase its gains in the house, and the senate, and soon Republicans like you will be crying all night.

Actually its pretty fucking sweet. Don't project your doom and gloom onto me. I'm having a ball :lol:

It's not "their" racism. This was an act of one person. It was in poor taste. It obviously has racist overtones.

What is it with grouping an entire group into one category because of the actions of one person? That's like saying all Democrats are drunken, adulterous killers who couldn't keep their car on a bridge if they wanted to.

I've seen at least two Bush/McCain fans on this board who said there's nothing racist about depicting watermelon and black people.

It was one individual...but you have to admit that some Republicans on this board have been trying to excuse the racism obviously present.

I've seen at least two Bush/McCain fans on this board who said there's nothing racist about depicting watermelon and black people.

They're wrong. Whether the intention is there or not, there is no avoiding the historical relevance of the association. I am no fan of Obama, but by the same token, I am no fan of McCain. I am, however, a registered Republican (one who votes across the board and who holds one or two liberal leanings) who has grown weary of people on both sides painting each other with large brushes. There are asshats in both parties, there's no way to avoid that.

They're wrong. Whether the intention is there or not, there is no avoiding the historical relevance of the association. I am no fan of Obama, but by the same token, I am no fan of McCain. I am, however, a registered Republican (one who votes across the board and who holds one or two liberal leanings) who has grown weary of people on both sides painting each other with large brushes. There are asshats in both parties, there's no way to avoid that.

Of course your right. Honestly I used to have the same view as you, and in a real debate I would have the same view. But I don't really see these boards as a place for real debate anymore, honestly.

Of course your right. Honestly I used to have the same view as you, and in a real debate I would have the same view. But I don't really see these boards as a place for real debate anymore, honestly.

That seems to be a growing trend on message boards these days and that's a shame, in my opinion. I've made some good friends on both sides of the issues, but it seems that as the election draws near, things get more contentious. What little civil discourse there was has flown, only to be replaced with personal attacks and foul language.

That seems to be a growing trend on message boards these days and that's a shame, in my opinion. I've made some good friends on both sides of the issues, but it seems that as the election draws near, things get more contentious. What little civil discourse there was has flown, only to be replaced with personal attacks and foul language.

It is a shame. I've pretty much given up on having serious debate on the internet, at least about politics. Philosophy boards are still really engaging to read, and there are some boards that aren't politics-focused which can have really good politics threads sometimes. But the people here are just too involved in whatever they believe, and won't change it no matter what happens.

Forum List

Back