Inheritance

Moving to USA

May 10, 2011
Maryland
Just how much should I be allowed to pass on to my family when I die?
Shouldn't I be allowed to pass on what I have as long as they pay tax on it as if it were income?
How about property?
Lets say Im a farmer with a couple million in property and equipment, how much should family have to pay if they inherit the farm?

What you have earned in your lifetime should be allowed to go to your family without any taxation whatsoever... it is income and property that has already been taxed... you live to support your family and create your family's nest egg... why should government double dip on that??

Shouldn't I be allowed to pass on what I have as long as they pay tax on it as if it were income?
How about property?
Lets say Im a farmer with a couple million in property and equipment, how much should family have to pay if they inherit the farm?

The way i see it..its yours and can do with it as you wish.

If your relative cant find a way to live on five million maybe they should not be in charge of their own finances

How about property?

The way i see it..its yours and can do with it as you wish.

Dead people dont have anything

What you have earned in your lifetime should be allowed to go to your family without any taxation whatsoever... it is income and property that has already been taxed... you live to support your family and create your family's nest egg... why should government double dip on that??

I agree.

This money has already been taxed. Why the hell should the Govt get any part of anyones life savings.

The inheritance tax and estate taxes should be done away with.

Talk about double dipping.

Greedy bastards.

Forum List

Back