'Inherently Racist' Bake Sale

UC Berkeley administrators send out campus wide letter condemning bake sale
"The Principles of Community are not about political positions."
Except, apparently, if you're a Republican.

"They require a consciousness of the potential effect of words or deeds on others: a positive intent not to hurt, offend, or denigrate others while expressing a reasoned position."
Except, apparently, those "words or deeds" that are patently institutionalized racial preferencing: racism--then it's ok.

"Regardless what policies or practices one advocates, careful consideration is needed on how to express those opinions."
Unless, of course, your racist opinion is expressed as policy or law ... then you can condemn the expressions of others as inconsiderate.

Like I said, "Absolutely hilarious the way this is exposing the intolerant hypocrisy of the "tolerant."

'Inherently racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley Republicans set for Tuesday
"During the sale, scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time, baked goods will be sold to white men for $2, Asian men for $1.50, Latino men for $1, black men for 75 cents and Native American men for 25 cents. All women will get 25 cents off those prices."
Absolutely hilarious the way this is exposing the intolerant hypocrisy of the "tolerant."

I totally agree.

It is a hilarious way to make their point.

Back in the 60's such political statements were called Guerilla Theater.

Nice to see those boys found an amusing way to vent their frustrations about the racism they object to.

One of the things that has always bexed me about all affirmative action policies, is that is creates a new victim class to place the one that it is seeking to help.

And worse, often the rlargest benefactors of AA weren't really victims ofr historical injustice in the first place.

The biggest benefactors of AA were relatively wealthy WHITE WOMEN.

Not poor white women, that I could understand and get behind.

But affluent white women.

Don't know if that's still true because I haven't kept up with this issue.

But it was obviously true back in the 70s and 80s.

This is designed to be race warfar.

They cant carry arround the guns and try to scare people that way anymore ( that pesky bullet in the head of Gabby Giffords and all) so they try to stir up racial hate instead.

It's quite interesting how this same message of "tolerance and threats", as a result of what happened to Gabby Gifford, is so quickly dismissed by the left as merely a means to stifle the right and those who don't share in their views.

Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa had some profane, combative words for Republicans while warming up the crowd for President Obama in Detroit, Michigan on Monday.

"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa said to a heavily union crowd.

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

Jimmy Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Let's Take These Son Of Bitches Out" | RealClearPolitics

the tea party likes to joke about black people all the time.

they use words like "race card" and other insults to demean the achievement of black Americans

Race card? Wait a minute . . . . (puts aside laptop, stands up and quickly pats down pants pockets, checks wallet, inserts hand down inside jacket pocket). Sorry, unlike the left, I seemed to have left home without it.

They are demonstrating the harsh truths about affirmative action that it is discriminatory and does a disservice to the people it allegedly helps.

Exactly!! It's taking a look at how affirmative action really works and doesn't work. I agree with John Stossel:

Affirmative action may be a good thing—a way to compensate for past discrimination. While that may have been useful when I attended college, I think it’s no longer helpful today. Affirmative action is now part of the minority special privilege machine, a component of which is perpetual victimhood.

Useful or not, affirmative action it is a form of racism, and the bake sale helps make that clear. But I don’t understand the Berkeley students’ price list. Asians, not Whites, should be at the top , since studies show that often, Asian students need significantly higher SAT scores to be admitted.

I once held a similar sale:

I stood in midtown Manhattan shouting, “Cupcakes for sale.” My price list read:

Read more: Why I Approve Of Berkeley's 'Racist' Bake Sale | Fox News

So Stossel wants to be the victim. Big surprise.

The best way not to be a victim is to quit asking about RACE on an application, pull up your own boot straps, quit complaining and looking for ANY excuse, then use a little "hard work" to make your own path towards success that you can be proud to tell your kids about.

Forum List

Back