Ingraham: ‘Romney is Losing’

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Ingraham: ‘Romney is Losing’ - By Pat Horan - Media Blog - National Review Online

Ingraham: ‘Romney is Losing’
By Pat Horan
August 10, 2012 4:15 P.M. Comments0
On Friday, conservative radio show host Laura Ingraham ripped into Mitt Romney’s campaign. After citing CNN and Fox polls that show President Obama has opened a lead on Governor Romney nationally, and polls that show Romney lagging behind Obama in key swing states, Ingraham frankly told her audience, “Romney is losing.”
<more>

It's Romney's to lose. He's got Obama flailing recklessly at the stupidest allegations and just lying about everything else

It's a tactic older than Walter Cronkite. When you are in big trouble from a dirty trick that backfired like the despicible Sostik commercial accusing Romney of causing cancer the thing to do is to try to re-focus the argument on anybody else. The answer is in a tax exempt left wing propaganda source that never sleeps, Media Matters, which feeds the hungry blogs like NRO a couple of words from a conservative and they get a writer to expand it into a tin foil hat full fledged conspiracy. Anything is better than talking about Obama.

Granny says is six o' one an' half dozen o' tother - on one side ya got a billionaire an' ideologue outta touch with the common man an' on the other side ya got a candidate outta touch with the common man `cause he always snuffin' up to the rich folks...
:eusa_eh:
Ryan pick shows Romney is focused on solving America's financial crisis
August 11, 2012 - Ronald Reagan famously challenged Mikhail Gorbachev to “Tear down this wall!” Mitt Romney has just challenged President Obama to “Show us your plan!” Mr. Obama has painted this presidential election as a stark choice; in choosing Paul Ryan as his running mate, GOP contender Mitt Romney has answered in kind. While Reagan pushed Gorbachev to free his country, Romney will now push Mr. Obama to address our nation’s fiscal abscess -- something the president has resolutely refused to do.
Paul Ryan is the nation’s premier budget wonk; he understands better than anyone that the looming fiscal cliff is nothing compared to the chasm that lies further down the road. He has studied the future, and he has a plan. Nothing could be more important. Without a clear program for reducing our deficits, our social safety net will unravel and our investments in our future – in schools, in infrastructure, in defense -- will wither. President Obama has yet to present the country with any plan to resolve our fiscal crisis; his budgets have been scorned even by his own party, he ignored his own Simpson-Bowles debt reduction commission and he continues to enact programs destined to buy votes and sink our fiscal ship. His inattention to this challenge is indefensible. Facing Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan on a GOP ticket that is now energized to make financial stewardship the core of this campaign, Mr. Obaama will have to defend his negligence.

No one has better articulated the threat posed by our soaring debts and deficits, or more boldly prescribed remedies, than Mr. Ryan. He has been pilloried by the left for proposing realistic changes that might actually save Medicare and Social Security – programs now expected to go bankrupt by 2024 and 2033, respectfully. The latest report from the Trustees of Medicare conclude that “the fund is not adequately financed over the next 10 years”, even assuming that Congress follows through on all the gimmicks (such as the so-called “doc fix”) that purport to prop up the program. Rather than lay out solutions to intractable problems such as the aging of the country, the left has simply scorned those who do, like Mr. Ryan. Last year one left-wing group infamously ran an ad depicting a Ryan look-alike pushing Granny off a cliff in her wheel chair. Such cynicism is loathsome, but powerful.

The good news is that, as House Budget Committee Chairman, Ryan has done his homework. In a closed-door White House session about a year ago, Ryan respectfully criticized the president and his fellow Democrats for “demagoging” and misrepresenting his suggestions on how to save Medicare. The president responded, according to people who were there, that he didn’t doubt Mr. Ryan’s sincerity in trying to fix Medicare; he also acknowledged that solutions were tough because the public does not want any changes to the program. Ryan, at least, has the guts to try.

The choice of Paul Ryan is a bold move for Mr. Romney, whose campaign has bordered on bland. The more obvious choices – former Minnesota Governor and Tea Party favorite Pawlenty, Ohio Senator Rob Portman, Senator Marco Rubio from Florida, would all have been excellent choices and brought electoral advantages. The selection of Mr. Ryan sends a very different message – that Romney is focused on solving the nation’s financial crisis. With his background in finance and his stint as governor, Mr. Romney brings credible credentials to this task. With the choice of Mr. Ryan, he now brings determination.

Read more: Ryan pick shows Romney is focused on solving America&#39;s financial crisis | Fox News

See also:

Romney, Ryan would hurt middle class
11 Aug.`12 WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrats pounced on Mitt Romney's selection of Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate Saturday, saying the pick showed a commitment to "budget-busting tax cuts" for the wealthy and greater burdens on the middle class and seniors.
President Barack Obama's campaign team said Romney's choice made clear that the former Massachusetts governor would be forced to adhere to the principles laid out in the House Republican budget — authored by Ryan — which they said would undermine entitlement programs crucial to middle-class families and seniors. Democrats said privately that the choice of Ryan could help Obama in states with large numbers of elderly voters, such as Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio. Obama's campaign manager, Jim Messina, said in a statement that Romney had "chosen a leader of the House Republicans who shares his commitment to the flawed theory that new budget-busting tax cuts for the wealthy, while placing greater burdens on the middle class and seniors, will somehow deliver a stronger economy."

Previewing the campaign's line of attack, Messina called Ryan the "architect of the radical Republican House budget" and said it would "end Medicare as we know it by turning it into a voucher system, shifting thousands of dollars in health care costs to seniors." Ryan was chief author of a House-backed budget plan that would curb overall entitlement spending and convert Medicare into a voucher-like system in which future seniors would receive subsidies to purchase health insurance on the open market.

Less than two hours after Romney introduced Ryan as his running mate, the Obama campaign released a 90-second Web video showing footage of the men appearing together. The ad calls Ryan the "mastermind behind the extreme GOP budget plan" and includes an audio clip of Romney saying earlier this year that it would be "marvelous" if the Senate were to adopt the Ryan budget. The ad ends with this tagline: "Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan: Back to the failed top-down policies that crashed our economy."

Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida said Ryan had laid the groundwork in Congress for Romney's budget plan, which she said gives tax cuts to millionaires while punishing middle-class families. She said Romney and Ryan would repeat mistakes of former President George W. Bush. "A Romney-Ryan ticket is sure to take us back and repeat the same catastrophic mistakes that got us into the mess we found ourselves in in the first place," Wasserman Schultz said in a statement.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who has blasted Romney for failing to release additional years of his tax returns, said in a statement that by picking Ryan, Romney "has doubled down on his commitment to gut Social Security and end Medicare as we know it." Romney's choice "demonstrates that catering to the tea party and the far-right is more important to him that standing up for the middle class," said Reid, D-Nev. Obama was traveling to Chicago on Saturday but had no public events planned. He was holding birthday-related fundraisers on Sunday in Chicago, including one at his South Side home, and then taking a three-day swing through Iowa, the state that launched his presidential bid in 2008.

Obama team: Romney, Ryan would hurt middle class - Yahoo! News

Ryan is an ok pick, a losing one,but ok!
smiley-whacky084.gif

I am going to vote for Romney, even thought I am I liberal. I am sick of Obama. He is pathetic. I mean...Damn! Obama doesn't get it. Gays and illegals need rights? Please. Something is wrong here.

Last edited:
I am going to vote for Romney, even thought I am I liberal. I am sick of Obama. He is pathetic. I mean...Damn! Obama doesn't get it. Gays and illegals need rights? Please. Something is wrong here.

Why do people on the interwebs pretend they are " a new convert". :rolleyes:
Because it's the "in thing." You see, these people want to be more credible in the eyes of others, so they say and post dumb crap like that, expecting thinking people to believe them.

It's Romney's to lose. He's got Obama flailing recklessly at the stupidest allegations and just lying about everything else

If that were the case, Fwank, then why didn't Mittens come out the gate leaps and bounds AHEAD of Obama? Why has he struggled to barely stay behind Obama? Why is he losing as he is?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-down-in-flames-the-numbers-bears-it-out.html

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!
REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

+3.9%??

What's the MOE?

If that were the case, Fwank, then why didn't Mittens come out the gate leaps and bounds AHEAD of Obama? Why has he struggled to barely stay behind Obama? Why is he losing as he is?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-down-in-flames-the-numbers-bears-it-out.html

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!
REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

+3.9%??

What's the MOE?
I forgot to mention...Mittens is spending twice the amount of money Obama is on this election just to maintain a steady 2nd place.

Things aren't going well for his campaign.

Last edited:

Not like conservatives haven't made stupid allegations: Obama is a communist or Obama was not born in the USA.

What I have seen so far in the campaign is that Romney is playing catch up and Obama has had success with negative campaigning. That means the Republicans will come storming back because Romney has money for adds and no one can out negative the Republicans. I imagine Carl Rove is in some dark room right now spinning a swift boat like web that will play well with the electorate.

Despite what the conservatives and liberals might say about their respective candidates being shoe ins, we are in for a nasty campaign on both sides culminating in a close election. It will come down to about half a dozen states and may hinge on voter turnout or turn down depending on your party of preference.

Laura Ingraham is stating that Romney is losing. That's not exactly profound. That means she can read poll numbers. Wow.

Last edited:

Not like conservatives haven't made stupid allegations: Obama is a communist or Obama was not born in the USA.

What I have seen so far in the campaign is that Romney is playing catch up and Obama has had success with negative campaigning. That means the Republicans will come storming back because Romney has money for adds and no one can out negative the Republicans. I imagine Carl Rove is in some dark room right now spinning a swift boat like web that will play well with the electorate.

Despite what the conservatives and liberals might say about their respective candidates being shoe ins, we are in for a nasty campaign on both sides culminating in a close election. It will come down to about half a dozen states and may hinge on voter turnout or turn down depending on your party of preference.

Laura Ingraham is stating that Romney is losing. That's not exactly profound. That means she can read poll numbers. Wow.

Obama and his campaign is making stupid allegations and spreading lies.

When has Romney or his campaign called Obama a communist or Kenyan?

Homosexuals and undocumented immigrant already have rights, the same as all persons in the United States:

“…nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

14th Amendment, US Constitution.

Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is surely a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. Aliens, even aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful, have long been recognized as "persons" guaranteed due process of law by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments.

Plyler v. Doe

Thus it’s idiocy to ‘blame Obama’ for an Amendment and case law that existed long before Obama became president.

Seems like you should be selling on Intrade. You can get a good price right now as Obama jumped by 1% today after Romney made his VP pick official. The way I see it though, you should wait a bit longer. I have a hunch you can get an even better price on Romney if you wait a bit longer. Looks like the big money is going on Obama.

Oh, right...and you have polls which back this up, right?

Realistically, Romney is a distance behind Obama, and will have to run an excellent campaign to stand a chance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back