Infuriated Obama Stares Down Inquisitive Reporter

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
President Obama paid a surprise visit to members of the White House press corps Thursday evening when he walked through their working area of the West Wing, but he quickly became agitated when he was confronted with a question by one of the journalists.

According to reports, when the Politico's Jonathan Martin asked the president about his nominee for deputy secretary of defense, William Lynn, Obama refused to answer, saying he was not there to take questions.

"I came down here to visit. I didn't come down here -- this is what happens. I can't end up visiting you guys and shaking hands if I am going to grilled every time I come down here," the president said.

Pressed further by the Politico reporter about his Pentagon nominee, Obama turned more serious, putting his hand on the reporter's shoulder and staring him in the eye.

Read More Here =>Irritated Obama 'Stares Down' Reporter During Press Corps Visit - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Last edited:
Yes, HOW DARE a lowly reporter actually do his job and ask the President a question when given the chance.

Obama is a fool. This just is another example of that.

This story is 3 months old . . . . has anything changed? For example, can reporters ask tough questions yet . . . or does Obama consider that 'grilling'? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back