Infuriated By Marijuana Arrest, Vermont Man Crushes 7 Police Cars With Tractor...

I am old enough to remember a time in America when the structure, nature and performance of today's police agencies would not be tolerated.

That was a time when there was an elemental respect of authority instilled in the home for the most part.

The turn in this attitude toward authority came at the time the drug use that you so vociferously advocate became common place.
First, the so-called "drug problem" in America is not nearly as serious a situation as you, and others who think like you, have been led to believe it is. More specifically, America's fat problem is much more serious than its drug problem because it's far more pervasive and is responsible for far more death and illness than all the recreational drugs combined. America is becoming a nation of fat slobs and very little is done about it. Guess why.

Last, it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that law-enforcement is not the way to deal with harmful recreational drug use. Public education is. Evidence of that is seen in the fact that use of the most addictive and harmful recreational drug of all, nicotine, has been reduced by more than two thirds without arresting a single individual. Back in the fifties almost everyone I knew smoked (including me). I quit in 1985 (as the result of public education). Today I don't know anyone who smokes and I rarely see anyone smoking cigarettes in spite of the fact that nicotine is more addictive than heroin!

You don't deal with the use of dangerous drugs like methamphetamine and freebase cocaine ("crack") by telling people marijuana is harmful. Because telling people marijuana is harmful is a lie. And as soon as people find out it's a lie they assume everything else you tell them about drugs is equally false. If you don't believe that do some research on The Netherlands' approach to drug use.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back