Infrastructure Bank? WTF?!

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Obama is again calling for an "Infrastructure Bank" Does he forget he no longer has a media monopoly?

Will this bank invest in Shovel ready projects?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4-vPrcDBo]‪Obama: Shovel Ready jobs not shovel ready‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Will the Bank Follow the model of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?

Fannie Mae Posts $8.7 Billion Loss, Requests More Fed Aid

What could possibly go wrong?

Granny says dey gonna break the bank...
:eek:
The never-ending road project: 9 years to rehab 8 miles of I-78
March 24, 2013 - It took two years to build the original 118-mile New Jersey Turnpike. It took just over a year to build the 102-story Empire State Building. So why is it taking contractors nine years to reconstruct an 8-mile stretch of Interstate 78?
For travelers on the stretch of road between mile marker 50.4 in Springfield and mile marker 58.5 in Newark, it has seemed like “Groundhog Day” since 2005. “It’s taken a lot out of my hide,” said Frank Politano, an attorney who started commuting from Berkeley Heights to Newark in June 2005 — a month before construction began on the project that has made “War and Peace” seem like a pamphlet. “I don’t know why it’s taking so long,” he added. “It must be a really difficult engineering feat while people are still using the highway, and I think the changes they are making are pretty major.” “It’s the perpetual highway construction,” said NJ Sierra Club Director Jeff Tittel, a Hillside native who grew up in the shadows of what would become I-78. “It’s where the blinking yellow lights and orange signs are forever.”

12465858-large.jpg

A 9-year project to reconstruct 8 miles of Interstate 78 between Springfield and Newark is in the final year.

Rome wasn’t built in a day — and this stretch of 78 still hasn’t been fully rebuilt in 2,800 days. Youngsters who were in elementary school when the project started are going to college now. The seemingly never-ending project returned last week after a winter break, closing the far right lane westbound from around Exit 56-Elizabeth Avenue in Newark to around the Garden State Parkway turnoff in Hillside. Instead of the normal three local lanes to go with the two express lanes, travelers lost a local lane.

In the coming weeks, long-term single lane closures also are expected to resume on I-78 East between mile markers 55.9 and 56.9, officials said. Sometimes, drivers have had to navigate “cattle chute” concrete barriers that are not for the claustrophobic. But before you let road rage get the best of you, consider:

MORE

I've been on local shovel ready jobs, most of the funds were squandered by fiscally irresponsible folks who just happened to get their hand in the fed cookie jar

Most of the construction labor was Mexican, or questionable status

Few , if any, permanent jobs were created

But the gov came and stumped, so the state authorites all played lame duck

biggest all round waste i ever saw

~S~

Forum List

Back