"Infowars was a “vile and dangerous” organisation."

The OP should worry about his own backyard before he starts pointing fingers in this direction:
And you should worry about Infowars before pointing your finger at Britain. See how that works? Stupid cuts both ways.

Hey pal, the OP is a Brit, and before looking down his nose on this side of the pond, he should look around his own country if he's concerned about attacks on the Jewish community.

If I've got weeds in my lawn, I should get rid of them before I complain to my neighbors about his.

See how that works ?
The point of the OP is that these shits have gained some traction in the UK. Did you read the link ?

The UK is not immune to stupidity --- is it? Who made it your job to eradicate tabloid crap? Didn't the Brits INVENT tabloid "journalism"??
We dont have shit like infowars. Why do you love them so much ?

The OP should worry about his own backyard before he starts pointing fingers in this direction:
And you should worry about Infowars before pointing your finger at Britain. See how that works? Stupid cuts both ways.

Hey pal, the OP is a Brit, and before looking down his nose on this side of the pond, he should look around his own country if he's concerned about attacks on the Jewish community.

If I've got weeds in my lawn, I should get rid of them before I complain to my neighbors about his.

See how that works ?
The point of the OP is that these shits have gained some traction in the UK. Did you read the link ?

Yeah I read it, but you had major anti-semetism in the UK long before Infowars showed up on your doorstep. You should be complaining about your own homies first.

See how that works ?

The UK is not immune to stupidity --- is it? Who made it your job to eradicate tabloid crap? Didn't the Brits INVENT tabloid "journalism"??

Because we're not as fond of telling people what they can read and how they think silly...

Here's where your juvenile concept of controlling speech and media goes awry.. Liberty and freedom does not work without TOLERANCE. And you HAVE none of that. What tolerance means in this case, I'll support the people's right to read and speak what they want to --- EVEN IF --- I abhor, detest, am revolted by their choices.

You TOSS THAT -- like your Merry Tiny Kingdom is doing -- and it's the beginning of the end for Liberty and Freedom.. Remember that. Because when you LOSE those things, you'll know why..

See how that works ?

Because we're not as fond of telling people what they can read and how they think silly...

Here's where your juvenile concept of controlling speech and media goes awry.. Liberty and freedom does not work without TOLERANCE. And you HAVE none of that. What tolerance means in this case, I'll support the people's right to read and speak what they want to --- EVEN IF --- I abhor, detest, am revolted by their choices.

You TOSS THAT -- like your Merry Tiny Kingdom is doing -- and it's the beginning of the end for Liberty and Freedom.. Remember that. Because when you LOSE those things, you'll know why..

Sorry, but freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want, especially when you spread fake rumors that put other people's lives in danger like Jones did with the pizza place. He has received numerous warnings about crossing the line and he doesn't listen to it. What he has started doing equates to yelling fire in a crowded theater.

See how that works ?

Sorry, but freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want, especially when you spread fake rumors that put other people's lives in danger like Jones did with the pizza place. He has received numerous warnings about crossing the line and he doesn't listen to it. What he has started doing equates to yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Sorry but you don't LEGISLATE "fake news".. That's just creating more fantasy about the truth. How many morons out there might go postal over Trump hiring hookers in Moscow to pee on the bed because Obama slept there? You never know. Psychotic morons are one of those societal risks.... ADDRESS THEM.

Don't baby-proof speech and media.. UNLESS -- you're not a fan of Liberty and Freedom... Which are probably words you haven't heard or used in decades -- i would guess.

We're not psychotic morons or babies. But some elitist snobs believe that the govt is everyone's nanny BECAUSE they carry some kind of astral intelligence and moral and ethical superiority.

Sorry but you don't LEGISLATE "fake news".. That's just creating more fantasy about the truth. How many morons out there might go postal over Trump hiring hookers in Moscow to pee on the bed because Obama slept there? You never know. Psychotic morons are one of those societal risks.... ADDRESS THEM.

Don't baby-proof speech and media.. UNLESS -- you're not a fan of Liberty and Freedom... Which are probably words you haven't heard or used in decades -- i would guess.

We're not psychotic morons or babies. But some elitist snobs believe that the govt is everyone's nanny BECAUSE they carry some kind of astral intelligence and moral and ethical superiority.

It's not considered "fake news," and yes the Supreme court has decided you can legislate it when the fake things you are saying puts other people's lives in danger.

It's not considered "fake news," and yes the Supreme court has decided you can legislate it when the fake things you are saying puts other people's lives in danger.

Imagine how disappointed I am as a full on libertarian arguing with leftists about Civil Liberties and freedom. USED TO BE -- they were my staunch allies. NOW -- they are the problem. Can't be trusted on those PRIMARY political issues.

The hippies who led the "free speech" movement learned the wrong message. Didn't take away the VALUE of the rights they fought for. INSTEAD -- the only lesson they seemed to learn was that POWER gets you what you want. Any ANNOYANCE can be solved with a rowdy demonstration or a law..

You're wrong. The SCt has tred EXTREMELY LIGHTLY on the 1st Amendment. Ruling ONLY in cases where there is a potential of IMMEDIATE HARM or civil unrest or confusion. And in cases where there's a VALID premise being falsely proclaimed. NOT in cases of literary flights of fancy or conspiracy theories or pure tabloid exploitation...

Your tribe and Tommy Boy's tribes canoes are now WAY down the path beyond the last safe landing before the falls. You're USELESS to any serious defense of Civil Liberties.

Imagine how disappointed I am as a full on libertarian arguing with leftists about Civil Liberties and freedom. USED TO BE -- they were my staunch allies. NOW -- they are the problem. Can't be trusted on those PRIMARY political issues.

The hippies who led the "free speech" movement learned the wrong message. Didn't take away the VALUE of the rights they fought for. INSTEAD -- the only lesson they seemed to learn was that POWER gets you what you want. Any ANNOYANCE can be solved with a rowdy demonstration or a law..

You're wrong. The SCt has tred EXTREMELY LIGHTLY on the 1st Amendment. Ruling ONLY in cases where there is a potential of IMMEDIATE HARM or civil unrest or confusion. And in cases where there's a VALID premise being falsely proclaimed. NOT in cases of literary flights of fancy or conspiracy theories or pure tabloid exploitation...

Your tribe and Tommy Boy's tribes canoes are now WAY down the path beyond the last safe landing before the falls. You're USELESS to any serious defense of Civil Liberties.

Well first I'm not a leftist, and secondly your liberties doesn't give you the right to infringe upon mine, which is exactly what happens when a person LIES and spreads FAKE information that puts another person's life in danger. And no, I'm not wrong.

As was once said by someone much smarter than you or I:

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

PS: For someone that fancies theirself a libertarian, and says they are a scientist, you sure back a lot of shit without ANY factual evidence. You are much more a conspiracy theorist than a scientist.

See how that works ?

Where am I legislating against these freaks ?
The OP was highlighting the links between an extreme political party and Infowars. I do have a right to have an opinion on that and,like most decent folk, I find it nauseating.

Well first I'm not a leftist, and secondly your liberties doesn't give you the right to infringe upon mine, which is exactly what happens when a person LIES and spreads FAKE information that puts another person's life in danger. And no, I'm not wrong.

Get a clue. There is no RIGHT to truth in the Constitution.. This is absurd.. And if your speech doesn't provoke contemporaneous, fairly immediate violence -- it's not going to the SupCt.

Prosecute the idiots who are unstable.. Don't design a society around their inabilities to have rational thoughts.

Get a clue. There is no RIGHT to truth in the Constitution.. This is absurd.. And if your speech doesn't provoke contemporaneous, fairly immediate violence -- it's not going to the SupCt.

Prosecute the idiots who are unstable.. Don't design a society around their inabilities to have rational thoughts.

It's pretty sad you don't think Jones telling viewers there are children being held as sex slaves in the basement of a business isn't speech that would put the owners and people there in immediate danger. That man wouldn't show up there with a rifle had Jones not put it on his show.

It's pretty sad you don't think Jones telling viewers there are children being held as sex slaves in the basement of a business isn't speech that would put the owners and people there in immediate danger. That man wouldn't show up there with a rifle had Jones not put it on his show.
Hasnt Jones admitted that his shite is just a commercial tactic ? We all have a responsibility to conduct ourselves in a sobe nd responsible manner. Why should these nuts be exempt from this ?

Hasnt Jones admitted that his shite is just a commercial tactic ? We all have a responsibility to conduct ourselves in a sobe nd responsible manner. Why should these nuts be exempt from this ?

He had his lawyer say in court that he is playing a character on his show.

Antisemitism row: Ukip accused over links with US far-right website

Jewish organisations have accused Ukip of embracing antisemitic conspiracy theories through the party’s links to a far-right US website that regularly attacks George Soros and has argued that the Pittsburgh synagogue attack could have been instigated by the US government.

The Board of Deputies of British Jews and the Community Security Trust (CST) has called on Ukip to dissociate itself from Infowarsafter it brought in one of the website’s editors as a member and used him to promote the party to younger people.

John Mann, the Labour MP who chairs the all-party parliamentary group against antisemitism, said Infowars was a “vile and dangerous” organisation.

And so say all of us.

I am quite relaxed about this. The kippers are lurching rightwards under their current leader and associating with trash like infowars will seal their fate.

Maybe you should stick to the brutal censorship and enforced correctness of your home country. It's too noisy here in USA for people susceptible to rage over trivial things. You NEED "information protection" from the all powerful state.

Wouldn't want you to get U-N-C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E over moronic vastly shunned conspiracy theory media outlets.
And today we see Infowars editing fake videos to deceive the public. Where does their right to lie end ?

Forum List

Back