midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Is what I am reading an honest attempt at accuracy? Can the source of the information be trusted? Is the source biased? Who pays for the source of the information? For what purpose is the information provided? If the source is politically biased can the information still be trusted? What about information paid for by corporate and/or wealthy supporters? Are counterpoints allowed on the site? What do investigative journalism and fact finding sites have to say about the source and its information?

As we enter another election season disinformation will cloud the mediasphere. One will read the [pick one] are behind whatever item the 'dark money' and 501c3 entities deem divisive enough to promote as news or agitprop. The purpose of these funded sites will be to distract, distort, and confuse. And like advertising it be tested and repeated ad infinitum. Below are examples of some of these sites and benefactors. Comments welcome from all.

The Gateway Pundit - Media Bias/Fact Check
The Blaze - Media Bias/Fact Check
Breitbart - Media Bias/Fact Check
Daily Caller - Media Bias/Fact Check
Drudge Report - Media Bias/Fact Check

Dark money example:

"The Federalist Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Top dollar funding mostly comes from right wing groups such as the Bradley Group and the Koch Foundation. In general, most donors come from the pro-business right."

Federalist Society - Media Bias/Fact Check
You searched for extreme right sites - Media Bias/Fact Check

Source info:

SourceWatch
ALEC Corporations - SourceWatch

"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing." Philip K. Dick

Is what I am reading an honest attempt at accuracy? Can the source of the information be trusted? Is the source biased? Who pays for the source of the information? For what purpose is the information provided? If the source is politically biased can the information still be trusted? What about information paid for by corporate and/or wealthy supporters? Are counterpoints allowed on the site? What do investigative journalism and fact finding sites have to say about the source and its information?

As we enter another election season disinformation will cloud the mediasphere. One will read the [pick one] are behind whatever item the 'dark money' and 501c3 entities deem divisive enough to promote as news or agitprop. The purpose of these funded sites will be to distract, distort, and confuse. And like advertising it be tested and repeated ad infinitum. Below are examples of some of these sites and benefactors. Comments welcome from all.

Dark money example:

"The Federalist Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Top dollar funding mostly comes from right wing groups such as the Bradley Group and the Koch Foundation. In general, most donors come from the pro-business right."

Source info:

SourceWatch

"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing." Philip K. Dick

As usual, you are only concerned about the other side's bias, and don't care about your own sides bias.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but people exist with opposing viewpoints, and they have the exact same right as you do to report on news stories with their own perspective on it.

Dark money example:

Source info:

SourceWatch

the burden has always been on the individual,,,

to think that any source is not biased is just lying to yourself,,,

Right off hand, I I wouldn't think any person truly looking for accuracy would be an utter and complete partisan who sees politics in such Manichaean terms that it is little beyond a game of cowboys and Indians.

Dark money example:

Source info:

SourceWatch

Simply reading the articles gives me a clue. I got into verifying articles when right wingers started posted articles without reading them and that denied and disparaged their right wing argument, in the same article.

You do realize that Media Bias is a site that is run by a person that has a degree in journalism but little actual experience? Last time I looked he allowed voting on each of the papers/sites he rated. Claimed that it in no way affected the rating but if that was true there would be no need for anyone to vote.

Forum List

Back