Infinity War will Easily make over $2 Bil

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Unless it bombs with the critics (which I highly doubt), then it is going to make some cash. Not sure if will catch Titanic or Avatar, but I see it going North of $2 bil. I plan to take the family to see it in imax. However I am having trouble getting tickets opening weekend because they are all already sold out!

It is insane!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Unless it bombs with the critics (which I highly doubt), then it is going to make some cash. Not sure if will catch Titanic or Avatar, but I see it going North of $2 bil. I plan to take the family to see it in imax. However I am having trouble getting tickets opening weekend because they are all already sold out!

It is insane!

Should all be confiscated to feed and house the poor. Hollywood salary caps must be implemented now.

It is insane!

After a decade of buildup, it better

It is insane!

Should all be confiscated to feed and house the poor. Hollywood salary caps must be implemented now.
Instead Trump gave them massive, permanent tax cuts. Oh well.

It is insane!

After a decade of buildup, it better

True, but there were a ton of great movies along the way. Can’t say the same thing for DCEU or xmen

It is insane!

It's vaguely possible you could be right....but you were certainly way off in your prediction about Black Panther's box office success. :p

The first Avengers movie is the top grossing comic book movie of all time, and made just a bit over $1.5 billion. Only Avatar, Titanic, and The Force Awakens have ever crossed the $2 billion mark. I don't know if Infinity War has broad enough appeal to do it.

It is insane!

It's vaguely possible you could be right....but you were certainly way off in your prediction about Black Panther's box office success. :p

The first Avengers movie is the top grossing comic book movie of all time, and made just a bit over $1.5 billion. Only Avatar, Titanic, and The Force Awakens have ever crossed the $2 billion mark. I don't know if Infinity War has broad enough appeal to do it.

Last week I went on to get early tickets for thurs, fri or Satur. I started with imax, sold out. Went to 3D, sold out. I went to gen admission? Also sold out!

The 25 min previews are getting universal praise. If the movie gets some good reviews, it will break records.

It is insane!

Last week I went on to get early tickets for thurs, fri or Satur. I started with imax, sold out. Went to 3D, sold out. I went to gen admission? Also sold out!

The 25 min previews are getting universal praise. If the movie gets some good reviews, it will break records.

So far the reviews, at least from critics, seem to be mostly positive but a bit mixed. I still think $2 billion is a stretch, especially with Deadpool 2 coming out in 3 weeks. That will probably siphon off some of the later revenue Infinity War might have otherwise gotten.

I think I'm going to wait until at least next week to see it: I hate crowded theaters.

Good choice. My kids forced me to see it this week. We had had a crying kid and people doing way too much talking during the movie. FYI I would wait 3 weeks of you want to avoid the crowd.

That's what I did with Black Panther. :)

It is insane!

Is this another one of those action hero films, which manage to have no politics and therefore are great for the Chinese market, and have a lot of fighting and action and you don't need to think for 2 hours, also great for the Chinese market?

In week one it make $725 mil. Expect a very similar week 2. Same time next week I expect the movie to be close to $1.5 bil. The following weekend it opens in China. I expect the movie to be close to $2 bil by week 3.

Crazy how much Marvel movies can make.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - Box Office Mojo

I still think $2 billion is a bit out of reach. While Infinity War beat The Force Awakens' opening weekend numbers, I think that Infinity War will lose numbers a bit more quickly once Deadpool 2 comes out. TFA was the #1 movie in its fourth weekend, but I don't think Infinity War will outdo Deadpool 2.

Infinity War does definitely have a shot, though, with such a huge opening weekend. If it can maintain pretty well for the next couple of weeks, and especially if it goes over well in China, it might yet hit $2 billion.

It's not going to come anywhere near Avatar, though. I still don't understand why that movie made so much money, but I think it's out of reach until ticket prices go up a bit more.

It is insane!

Is this another one of those action hero films, which manage to have no politics and therefore are great for the Chinese market, and have a lot of fighting and action and you don't need to think for 2 hours, also great for the Chinese market?

From what I've read, the Marvel movies have done pretty well in China. Avengers: Age of Ultron made over $240 million there. And it looks like Deadpool 2 isn't going to be playing in China, so it won't have that competition.

Forum List

Back