Infancticide as Public Policy...Now!

If one looks closely, one can see the difficulty that the Leftist camp followers have in supporting the insupportable.

They (you) know the doctrines, programs, agendas are nonsense, destructive or outright criminal.

But there is the ever present fear that not saying 'how high?' when the Left says jump presents the possibility of being ejected from the warm embrace of the herd....

....and, in that vein, you chose the most distant non sequitur possible.
This is your response to killing babies???

Get off your knees and stand up like a man.

The other thing that pops into my mind is the direction something like this argument inevitably goes. If we use the authors' logic and criteria: "...an individual who is capable of attributing to her own existence some (at least) basic value such that being deprived of this existence represents a loss to her." then there's no reason to simply stop at infancy.

Gabby Giffords for example had her brain scrambled and her memory erased. Is that to say it would have been morally acceptable and in the best interests of society to simply terminate her? Those suffering from Alzheimer's or similar disabilities could be argued not to be "people" according to the definition. Shall we simply murder them too?

If a society accepts the authors' arguments as valid then these other situations are equally as valid. There are certainly those who would agree fully...I am not one of them.

You're entitled to your perspective. Mine differs. I see the left pushing the envelope from what I consider unacceptable to horribly perverted. This show, left unchecked, the left is willing to go. Hopefully it will wake up those that are ambivalent.

You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. What's been presented is two people's view, and every left-winger to respond to it so far, myself included, has substantially disagreed with them. There is no visible slippery slope here. In fact, there's powerful evidence to the contrary.

You're entitled to your perspective. Mine differs. I see the left pushing the envelope from what I consider unacceptable to horribly perverted. This show, left unchecked, the left is willing to go. Hopefully it will wake up those that are ambivalent.

You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. What's been presented is two people's view, and every left-winger to respond to it so far, myself included, has substantially disagreed with them. There is no visible slippery slope here. In fact, there's powerful evidence to the contrary.

There's no powerful evidence either way, but this idea must be condemned before more people consider it acceptable. I welcome it out into the open. Apparently, you don't.

There's no powerful evidence either way, but this idea must be condemned before more people consider it acceptable. I welcome it out into the open. Apparently, you don't.

Where did you get that idea? I have no problem with any idea being expressed, whether I agree with it or not. In this case, for the most part I don't, but that doesn't mean I want it suppressed or silenced.

What I do have a problem with is using an outlier opinion like this as a lever to discredit other ideas that really have nothing to do with it.

What could be more despicable than the murder of a defenseless new-born infant?

Lying about the murder of new born infants to impose your will on women?

There's probably more things that are more dispicable, but we can start out with that and work our way into a shitstorm of trading childish insults if you wanna.

"... trading childish insults...."

French playwright Pierre Corneille wrote "to take revenge halfheartedly is to court disaster: Either condemn or crown your hatred."

Jeezzzz....can't a girl have a little fun????

"... the earned income tax credit (the pride of Ronald Reagan), which has become the biggest and most effective antipoverty program by giving working families thousands of dollars a year in tax refunds."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/opinion/the-new-resentment-of-the-poor.html

Well of course Republicans are going to point to "cutting taxes" as a "success". It's the ONLY policy they have. Even today. Every policy is built around some kind of tax cut. Now that so many people are out of a job, how is that "tax cut" working out for them? If your jobs was moved to China, what does that "tax cut" do for you?

deanie...I understand your inveterate fear of Republicans...but don't you want to make a statement about the OP?

I was shocked, and horrified at the idea of slaying beautiful new-born babies....I know you must be as well.

Am I right?

deanie....deanie....
...is it possible that you don't want to take a stand against a most pitiable evil...the killing of babies? The most defenseless, the most innocent....???

dean....this can't be your position....your non-position.

Don't your even want to vote "Present"?

deanie....deanie....
...is it possible that you don't want to take a stand against a most pitiable evil...the killing of babies? The most defenseless, the most innocent....???

I do believe deanie has tucked tail and fled. :lol:

Is that an admission that "childish insults"is the whole purpose of this thread?

I'd be greatly surprised if you weren't inured to insults by now....

you know, based on your personality.

You know why people take an instant dislike to you? ‘Cause it saves time.

deanie....deanie....

I do believe deanie has tucked tail and fled. :lol:

Seriously, Phantom, I've been here a long time, as has deanie....and we are never on the same side politically.

But this surprises me: he won't agree bases on humanity....

...I can only guess that he will go to any end to support his 'messiah'....
Disappointing.

Seriously, Phantom, I've been here a long time, as has deanie....and we are never on the same side politically.

But this surprises me: he won't agree bases on humanity....

...I can only guess that he will go to any end to support his 'messiah'....
Disappointing.

I am not surprised really. The crap he spews is typical left-wing propaganda. He is not here to have reasonable discussions, he is here to spread disinformation so when he is in a position like on this thread where that's a hopeless cause, there's nothing left to do but retreat and start a thread somewhere else.

BTW...I thought rDean was a woman. Hmmm...my mistake

Is that an admission that "childish insults"is the whole purpose of this thread?

Actually, I'm not inured to insults, except from people for whom I have no respect.

There are two reasons for that: one, he's a partisan. Two, you're a nut-job.

Last edited:

Actually, I'm not inured to insults, except from people for whom I have no respect.

There are two reasons for that: one, he's a partisan. Two, you're a nut-job.

See...you're finally getting with the program...and, therefore, almost not boring.

Looking forward to your next performance on “Must Bleed TV.”

Forum List

Back