Inequality. Is it that bad?

There is a problem if you lust for wealth and do not have it...

There is a problem if you need to feed your family and can't because of a lack of work..

There really is no justification for the popularity of being the richest person in the world..

I think some of you liberals would be happier living in China where you could be equal and live out your lives working for the communist collective.

Lol, you don't even know what the hell you are talking about. CPC still controls China but for more than 30 years it has been a capitalist state.
Just compare GINI indexes for China and the US (2010):

China - 42.1.
The USA - 41.1.
It means our society is even more equal than Chinese one.
GINI index World Bank estimate Data Table

Work on you're critical thinking skills and reading comprehension.

Inequality isnt a big deal to those that dont face it. Thats why it can continue on and make the people with money believe that all their problems exist because of the poor
Everyone suffers from inequality. So get over and stop pretending you care. We all face challenges. It's how you deal with it that's makes one rise above it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Inequality isnt a big deal to those that dont face it. Thats why it can continue on and make the people with money believe that all their problems exist because of the poor
Everyone suffers from inequality. So get over and stop pretending you care. We all face challenges. It's how you deal with it that's makes one rise above it.
If you're black or female now the field is tipped in your favor. The idea that life is fair for anyone is a fairy tale. That's exactly right. I was driven out of two jobs because my boss left. Both times was at GE. When you're reporting to senior managers, the new regimes regularly want to clear anyone perceived as loyal to their predecessors out. At my level it's easy to do. They have to justify nothing to fire me. You deal with it. Only quitters fail. I never let it stop me

Do you believe we should do something about social inequality? I believe it is really necessary and it is necessary right now. The question is how we get to the point when middle class will be able to control the country once again, both American economy and political system.

income-inequality-2.png

So you think government controlling the economy equates to the "middle class" controlling it? You're delusional

Government creating the laws that benefit regular Americans, not corporations and influential politicians, equates the middle class controlling the economy. Why do you think after the WWII both economy and the middle class was booming? Because you cannot build your country's economy solely for top 10%.
Do you really think those were the only variables to a vibrant middle class

Thinking you are forgetting about:

1 Europe was in ruins, no competition

2. Rosey the Riveter went back to the kitchen barefoot and pregnant till the 60s

3. No regulations like we have today, no EPA laws like we have today, no Quality control like we have today, that it cost big money to get ISO certified, people back then could start out with a grand and build up a manufacturing empire from their garage.

I know a lot of old timers that did it, thats why I always wished I was born in 1935 instead of 1965. I would be 80 now instead of 50, but I know I would have owned a few plastic factorys today because it was so easy back then

Was it really like back in the day back in the day?

I was born in 1963. My mother's parents were both teachers, eventually her father became Principle. My father's parents were an accountant and a nurse. My mother was a physical therapist, which would have provided a nice second income, but my father was a deadbeat so she raised three kids on her salary. We had what we needed, but we didn't have everything we wanted, that's for sure. We grew up middle class, but she must have spent every $$$ she made to keep it that way.

So we were middle class at best, screwed by life? Not exactly. My sister got a masters in biomedical research and a PhD in math and writes her own ticket overseeing research studies. She lives in the hills of Maryland and goes into work one day a week. My brother went to the Naval Academy, got his masters in statistics and now works at a university. He and his veterinarian wife have 25 acres, including horses and pastures. I double majored in math and computer science, got an MS in computer science and a Michigan MBA. I've lived in the NY, DC, Atlanta, San Francisco areas and worked across the US and Europe. I've bought 5 businesses. I merged 3 and spun two back off.

We got little hep from our parents for college. Again my father was a deadbeat and my mother couldn't afford much. The opportunity is there endlessly. This country is a better place to live and do whatever you are capable of, you can do anything. None of us ever felt disadvantaged having to make it happen on our own. The only issue I see is the entitlement mentality of whiners like Brian who expect it to be easy and handed to them. There is no excuse in the here and now of this country for anything but raging success
Glad you got in under the wire before Reaganists screwed the middle class and opportunity..

No it isn't, the largest barrier to the "boot strap" story is what it actually takes to climb that ladder......people do it every day ....but those that do have weighed the personal cost (mot monetarily) to do so.

The time it takes
Strikingly intelligent , not.
Another product of Raygun's propaganda machine...Cuomo: "Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable". Poor people are lazy- has nothing to do with education and infrastructure etc falling apart so the richest can be pandered to...

You had 8 years of Bill and 6 of Obama, sorry your "infrastructure" straw man is silly on it's face.
All investment in infrastructure blocked by the greedy idiot GOP. duh. Heard of the Jobs/infrastructure ACT?
What about all those shovel ready jobs (infrastructure) that went along with the Obama stimulus?
realize you've been brainwashed within a hairsbreadth of your life, but that was only 200 billion and ran out in 2010...Scott Brown was a disaster for the country.

Projection .

"The UW System's "slush fund" -- $1 billion, $207 million or what?"
"
"By Tom Kertscher on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 at 9:40 p.m"

You lose Paco.

What it all goes to show is America is a mess... it has been since the early 80's. Whoever was Perez then started it and it hasn't been any better since. Let's face it. America is not great. Plain and simple. But most all people have no problem accepting that. The richest industrialized country in the world has millions upon millions of people struggling to get health care, find food, etc. The list goes on. Poverty is everywhere, low wage jobs are the norm. Thank you 80's. Who was Perez then?

The word "equality is just a buzz word for the far left drones, they have no real idea what the words means, it is just part of their religious spewing. Equality does not exist in nature, therefore the far left has no basis for their claims.

A) Outrageous inequality, not equality (except of opportunity) is the problem.
B) The stimulus ran out in 2010 when the recovery stalled. I don't see where your link even addresses anything.

Do you believe we should do something about social inequality? I believe it is really necessary and it is necessary right now. The question is how we get to the point when middle class will be able to control the country once again, both American economy and political system.

income-inequality-2.png
What makes this issue a bad thing EVERYONE is that if the middle class continues to shrink, the economy will continue to destabilize. This economy depends on consumer spending. Without a strong middle class, the poor AND the rich will be in big trouble down the road.

income-inequality-2.png

The wealthy win. The poor win. It's time for the Middle Class to take their fair share.

A) Outrageous inequality, not equality (except of opportunity) is the problem.
B) The stimulus ran out in 2010 when the recovery stalled. I don't see where your link even addresses anything.

The Middle Class and Small Business Entreprenuers have been the losers in the Obama-Pelosi-Reid economy. Dupe You.

Forum List

Back