Indy 500 2012

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
For the first time that I can remember, the Indy 500 will only have 33 cars try to qualify.
I hear it was because they have a newly designed car and there was a limited supply of race engines. Open wheel racing is definitely taking a back seat to NASCAR, would not be surprized to see the Brickyard 400 outdraw the 500 in attendance too.

The new design of the car is slick

I really miss the "good ol' days" of Indy car racing. A.J. Foyt, Johnny Rutherford, Gordon Johncock, The Unsers, Rick Mears, etc.

When the Indy Car people split everything up into CART and IRL, that was the end of the very high popularity of open wheel racing. NASCAR filled the void, and it's too late now to turn it around.

I really miss the "good ol' days" of Indy car racing. A.J. Foyt, Johnny Rutherford, Gordon Johncock, The Unsers, Rick Mears, etc.

When the Indy Car people split everything up into CART and IRL, that was the end of the very high popularity of open wheel racing. NASCAR filled the void, and it's too late now to turn it around.

I totally agree, The glory days are definitely behind Open Wheel Racing at this point.

Damn yellow flag with 8 to go....
I just hope it doesn't end under a yellow!!!!!

Congratulations to Tony Kanaan, Wins under Yellow with 2 laps to go.
Indy need to learn from NASCAR...and implement the Green/White/Checker Finish.
Total Disappointment when a race finishes under a Yellow Flag.

Awesome race....Most deserving and worthy winner won.

Helio Castroneves definitely wins my pick for the best color scheme award...That bright red and white with yellow trim ensemble is positively dazzling.

AU905625.jpg

Yesterday was a great day for a race fan.
F1- Grand Prix of Monaco - Started about 7:30AM followed by the IRL's Indy 500 at Noon, then at 5:30 you had Nascar's Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Forum List

Back