Indoctrination Secretary Vows to Make Schoolchildren “Good Environmental Citizens"...

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010

(September 23, 2010)- U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan vowed on Tuesday that his department would work to make American children into “good environmental citizens” through federally subsidized school programs beginning as early as kindergarten that teach children about climate change and prepare them “to contribute to the workforce through green jobs.”
“Right now, in the second decade of the 21st century, preparing our children to be good environmental citizens is some of the most important work any of us can do. It’s work that will serve future generations–and quite literally sustain our world,” Duncan said at the Education Department’s “Sustainability Education Summit: Citizenship and Pathways for a Green Economy.”
“This week’s sustainability summit represents the first time that the Department is taking a taking a leadership role in the work of educating the next generation of green citizens and preparing them to contribute to the workforce through green jobs,” said Duncan. “President Obama has made clean, renewable energy a priority because, as he says, it’s the best way to ‘truly transform our economy, to protect our security, and save our planet.’
“Educators have a central role in this. A well educated citizen knows that we must not act in this generation in ways that endanger the next,” said Duncan. “They teach students about how the climate is changing. They explain the science behind climate change and how we can change our daily practices to help save the planet. They have a role in preparing students for jobs in the green economy.”

The notion of this coming "New World Order" dictatorship, and a 'New Age Religion' of a Satanic nature is no longer a myth, it's a plain fact.

-The world leaders are now calling for this "New World Order" publicly, overtly, as the elite have quietly for years.

These (World Leaders) are now moving aggressively forward towards their planned global dictatorship, because people are starting to wake-up to their overall agenda, and they are moving in to close the trap of global dictatorship before the masses awaken to their evil agendas.

The notion of this coming "New World Order" dictatorship, and a 'New Age Religion' of a Satanic nature is no longer a myth, it's a plain fact.

-The world leaders are now calling for this "New World Order" publicly, overtly, as the elite have quietly for years.

These (World Leaders) are now moving aggressively forward towards their planned global dictatorship, because people are starting to wake-up to their overall agenda, and they are moving in to close the trap of global dictatorship before the masses awaken to their evil agendas.

They need to change the Department of Education to The Department of Indoctrination. They don't educate anyone.

Anyone who watches Saturday morning cartoons and MTV knows that our kids are being indoctrinated by tree-huggers.

One of the more alarming ideas is that kids shouldn't expect to own a car but instead take mass-transit. Problem is the infrastructure to make this feasible isn't in place yet.

Green technology and green legislation is just a ruse to level the playing field with the rest of the world. We cannot compete in the world market if we do what they want. We could not function if the ideas that the Obama Administration are put into law. The expense would be astronomical.

Course that's the goal of this Administration anyway. Making life more expensive for us stupid Americans.

Teaching kids how to respect the home they live in?

Im sure the fucking world as we know it will end.

geeses the right has lost its mind.

Teaching kids how to respect the home they live in?

Im sure the fucking world as we know it will end.

geeses the right has lost its mind.
The addict Limbaugh tells the lemmings every day that mankind cannot possibly harm this planet. Nothing we do can ever hurt our own environment.

A message brought to us by the business class who finds it inconvenient to stop polluting.

As someone who, as a baby, had the soot wiped from his upper lip due to the air pollution here in the Rust Belt, I can tell you first hand how harmful pollution actually is. As someone who has had the responsibility to re mediate air, soil and water pollution, I can tell you first hand how destructive it actually is.

But, after we cleaned up most of the worst of the crap left over from the big American steel making party which lasted 150 years, some people forget and want to crank it all up again just as it was in the 1950s.

I honostly do not have a problem with teaching children about taking care of the enviornment. I do not care if they want to teach global warming. The only catch is that it must be taught as a theory. Global warming is an unproven theory and therefore must be taught as such. Just as the "big bang" theory, the creation theory, and the theory of evolution are taught, so can the global warming theory. Now, if teachers/adminstrators feel the need to teach global warming as a fact, then I have a problem with it.

Oh, c'mon. I remember when we an Inconvenient Truth came out we went to watch it on a field trip. It isn't "indoctrination," it's something that is interesting and that children should know about: climate change, renewable energy, "green" jobs (whatever that is). It's bound to be useful in the future.

Now as to how they'll teach it, well, that's going to vary from place to place. Like the above poster was sort of hinting at, climate change =/= anthropogenic global warming. The fact is that climate IS changing. The point of contention is whether we're causing it through "global warming," or whether it's just happening naturally. It'll be up to whatever children decide to become scientists, engineers, etc. in the future to determine whether a) if that theory is true and how to stop it (unlikely), or b) how to simply deal with the fact that climate is changing (more probable).

In either case, why so much concern about schools teaching about the environment? It should be up to you to review what your children are learning and compliment it if you so choose. If your children are being taught the "theory" of AGW, why not sit down with them and tell them your thoughts on it? Parents have a bigger influence on their kids than they sometimes think.

Please point out to me the section in the Constitution where it says that the federal government should be spending money to make enviro zombies please.
Anybody? Anybody?
In fact, I'd like to see anything in the Constitution about spending money on education at all.
Anybody? Anybody?
Bueller?

“The president has proposed $265 million for this program in his fiscal 2011 budget,” said Duncan. “These grants will support subjects such as the arts, foreign languages, history, and civics–all of which receive funding under current Education Department programs. Because we recognize the importance education plays in the sustainability movement, these grants also will support environmental education.”

BTW:
If you think the Fed should be spending money on education, get an amendment passed or cut a check.

Last edited:
WoW, I'm impressed!

What is he going to do about economists ignoring the depreciation of consumer trash designed to become obsolete for the last 50 years?

Economic Wargames

psik

Please point out to me the section in the Constitution where it says that the federal government should be spending money to make enviro zombies please.
Anybody? Anybody?
In fact, I'd like to see anything in the Constitution about spending money on education at all.
Anybody? Anybody?
Bueller?

“The president has proposed $265 million for this program in his fiscal 2011 budget,” said Duncan. “These grants will support subjects such as the arts, foreign languages, history, and civics–all of which receive funding under current Education Department programs. Because we recognize the importance education plays in the sustainability movement, these grants also will support environmental education.”

BTW:
If you think the Fed should be spending money on education, get an amendment passed or cut a check.

"Please point out to me the section in the Constitution where it says that the federal government should be spending money to make enviro zombies please.
Anybody? Anybody?"

It's right between the section that says "America is a christian nation" and "the govt should be spending money to make religious zombies out of all children"

Anybody? Anybody?
Anybody? Anybody?
Bueller?

BTW:

"Please point out to me the section in the Constitution where it says that the federal government should be spending money to make enviro zombies please.
Anybody? Anybody?"

It's right between the section that says "America is a christian nation" and "the govt should be spending money to make religious zombies out of all children"

It says that in the U.S. Constitution?
Here it is:The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
Show me the part about "Christian Nation"?
Thanks in advance.

U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan vowed on Tuesday that his department would work to make American children into “good environmental citizens” through federally subsidized school programs beginning as early as kindergarten that teach children about climate change and prepare them “to contribute to the workforce through green jobs.”

For gods sake.....why would anyone oppose this?

I guess the same group that opposes the teaching of evolution

Environmental Indoctrination in Public Schools

June 11, 2012 by David L. Goetsch

Indoctrination is one of the favorite strategies of the left for the simple reason that it works. Give liberals the public schools, which America has done, and they will take our children, which they are doing. Liberals understand that the best way to grow the next crop of liberals, environmentalists, and secular humanists is to indoctrinate them while they are young, and the best place to do that is in the classroom. Ironically, most American parents simply hand their children over to public educators for their daily dose of indoctrination with little or no thought to what takes place in the classroom. Too busy or too complacent to pay attention, many American parents who are not liberals, environmentalists, or secular humanists are allowing their children to be systematically transformed into these things.

An example of environmental indoctrination is the “environmental literacy” graduation requirement approved by the Maryland State Board of Education. Maryland educators adopted the environmental literacy requirement—which would more accurately be called the environmental propaganda requirement—at the urging of leftwing organizations that are determined to undermine business, industry, and capitalism. One such organization is the No Child Left Inside Coalition (NCLI). NCLI is an environmentalist group that advocates major societal change to prevent further global warming. Notice the presumptuousness of “further global warming.” NCLI’s agenda, like those of all leftwing environmental groups, is anti-business and anti-industry. The organization is a collection of environmental alarmists who base their anti-business, anti-industry agenda on false assumptions and inaccurate science.

---

Environmental Indoctrination in Public Schools – Patriot Update

That's one of the reasons progressive/liberals don't like vouchers or home schooling...:eusa_shhh:

U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan vowed on Tuesday that his department would work to make American children into “good environmental citizens” through federally subsidized school programs beginning as early as kindergarten that teach children about climate change and prepare them “to contribute to the workforce through green jobs.”

For gods sake.....why would anyone oppose this?

I guess the same group that opposes the teaching of evolution

Didn't see this one coming back then did ya RW..?? :lmao:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVhKulJRZZw]Obama's Green Jobs: What's In A Name? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
After 3.5 years I'm still amazed that the man in charge of one of the country's worst school systems was put in charge of the DOE.

Also, Earth's fever will give way to another Ice Age long before we die from the heat.

Forum List

Back