Indoctrinate U

I'd love to know what you think.

I wasn't politically active when I was in college. I went to a liberal arts college that is still listed on the "Top 10 liberal colleges and universities,"

Half the women were model-like gorgeous, white bread, rich girls. The other half were raving feminists with unkempt hair and unsightly body hair. Both kinds were liberal. There were very few liberal groups. Although I remembered one Alex Keaton type who liked opera and drove around in a Cadillac. Yeah, he was a neat freak that drove me crazy. Putting everything away before I was finished with them.

Anyway, I believe things have gotten a lot worse. These colleges will try to squash any conservative thinking group. In the documentary, there was one conservative publication whose papers kept getting stolen on campus and none of the administrators lifted a finger to stop the problem or to find the culprits.

Another incident shows how a conservative college male was demonized as a racist because he was passing out flyers for lecture being given by a black writer who's book title contained the word "Plantation." This student had to get a lawyer to defend himself against the administration. If you watch the documentary, you wouldn't believe it was America.

These colleges are in a world of their own. Reminded me of what happened to the Duke University Boys and the stripper who cried rape.

Whereas my university experience was very different. I discovered several of my professors had liberal views, but not from the classroom. It was mostly interaction outside of the classroom during various events and activities. Even then, it was not within the context of political discussion, just what I perceived from their take on certain issues. The majority of my professors' political views remained a mystery to me. The only blatantly political professor I had was a history professor who was a conservative Republican and close friend of Newt Gingrich. He was openly partisan in class. I'm not saying that my experience was typical or that other experiences with "liberal" colleges are exaggerated. I'm just saying my experience definitely did not fit the popular image.

Forum List

Back