Individualism

A basic understanding of logic and a certain degree of mature reasoning ability are required to have a serious discussion about anything.

A basic understanding of logic and a certain degree of mature reasoning ability are required to have a serious discussion about anything.
It's logical that only 5 to 10 percent of humans have imagination and intellectual insight. That's all it took to evolve from scavengers to hunting in groups with tools.

I'd say that only about 5% of humans have the ability to figure out how to develop tools and organize the tribe to be at the right place at the right time for a successful hunt. The other 95% are robots doing what they were told.

Both critical thinker and robot need each other but the thinker has a better chance to survive on their own.

It's logical that only 5 to 10 percent of humans have imagination and intellectual insight. That's all it took to evolve from scavengers to hunting in groups with tools.

I'd say that only about 5% of humans have the ability to figure out how to develop tools and organize the tribe to be at the right place at the right time for a successful hunt. The other 95% are robots doing what they were told.

Both critical thinker and robot need each other but the thinker has a better chance to survive on their own.

Any scientific data to support these numbers? Anything?

AVISSSER has the statistics at 4% and I have them at 5%. I can start backing up these stats with dozens of studies once you actually make a half-ass argument to make me question my real life experience.

Before heirs, complex social skills wasn't enough. A tribe alpha had to have both brains and brawn for the tribe to survive. The odds of that have to be way below 10% of all humans. It would be difficult to find a paper showing different.

I don't blame you because there have to be dozens of studies that show your opinion is not well thought out.

To have even an I.Q. of 135 puts one in the top couple of percent of the population. Naturally, the intelligent take advantage of the others. It isn't nice, it isn't good, but it is human nature. What can we do to protect the vast majority while benefiting from the capacities of the top most?

The majority of our business owners surround themselves with YES people. They may not lack imagination and foresight but they know they will get voted off the island if they show it.
Is there any doubt that Americans are afraid to go against groupthink at the workplace? .....

Yes, there is. Not telling your boss to f-off everyday is not "group think." Reasonable people cooperate and work together, and it is not a sign of robotics.
That's total bullshit. To move up the latter you have to play the political game of kissing ass by saying that sounds great boss. All the robots do is learn how to survive. There is no imagination or intellectual insight to that.

A company with 100 employees may have 5 or 10 that keep the company running. Those are the employees who find a way to break the rules without getting caught. So again, at least 90% of American workers are robots collecting a paycheck.

Life is all about taking risks that makes your adrenaline flow.
You have no idea what the work place is like, you're just regurgitating Hollywood movie lines.

I have noted with some exasperation that many here fall into easy cliches about 'the West' and 'the East' in regards to generalizations about things like "respect," "individuality," "filial piety," "independence," "community," and the like. Not long ago a poster - of the same ilk as those who dismiss other people as "robots" or fear high expectations for children - stated as if an indisputable truth that "certainly in ancient China there was no individualism" or something to that effect. Facile and simplistic declarations like that are the foundation of ignorance and misunderstanding of peoples.

Because the Chinese are all the same. Kids wear uniforms at school and do the same for their leisure time.

so you have never seen a private or public school where the kids all have to wear a uniform?

BIG difference in the US a private school is not the norm and every private school is not the same nor are public schools varying from State to State. In China education is completely controlled BY and FOR the Government with conformity a necessity in ALL schools and for ALL Students.

that doesn't mean they lost their individualism, as clearly they haven't

Uniform this case just one of the things.The uniform just symbolizes the same mentality. No freedom of thought and speech. People have to think and say same what is the power tell. Where is the individuality? Yes, there is personality, but it must be kept in secret. People cannot be themselves. People must practice hypocrisy and continuous tell a lie if they do not want to get punished is. Whoever does not do it is punished such as a criminal. In China, physical violence can be used in schools. They intimidate the children. This is not normal education, I'm sure of that.

I have noted with some exasperation that many here fall into easy cliches about 'the West' and 'the East' in regards to generalizations about things like "respect," "individuality," "filial piety," "independence," "community," and the like. Not long ago a poster - of the same ilk as those who dismiss other people as "robots" or fear high expectations for children - stated as if an indisputable truth that "certainly in ancient China there was no individualism" or something to that effect. Facile and simplistic declarations like that are the foundation of ignorance and misunderstanding of peoples.

Because the Chinese are all the same. Kids wear uniforms at school and do the same for their leisure time.

so you have never seen a private or public school where the kids all have to wear a uniform?

BIG difference in the US a private school is not the norm and every private school is not the same nor are public schools varying from State to State. In China education is completely controlled BY and FOR the Government with conformity a necessity in ALL schools and for ALL Students.

that doesn't mean they lost their individualism, as clearly they haven't

Uniform this case just one of the things.The uniform just symbolizes the same mentality. No freedom of thought and speech. People have to think and say same what is the power tell. Where is the individuality? Yes, there is personality, but it must be kept in secret. People cannot be themselves. People must practice hypocrisy and continuous tell a lie if they do not want to get punished is. Whoever does not do it is punished such as a criminal. In China, physical violence can be used in schools. They intimidate the children. This is not normal education, I'm sure of that.

Exaggeration and stereotype. Nonsense.

It is difficult for most rational people to persist with “all X are like ________ “ when they actually interact with people in real life.

It is difficult for most rational people to persist with “all X are like ________ “ when they actually interact with people in real life.
Read up on slave instinct and make X = religion. The result is people like you with an illusory superiority and no interest in the evidence presented to you.

And as we can see, some people cannot let go the security blanket of illogical conclusions and irrational beliefs.

This could have been a great thread if the OP had the ability to make a rational argument.

Simplistic generalizations and facile stereotypes are never the means to real understanding.

Anyone who spends time with actual human beings today would have to be terribly committed to prejudice to maintain such asinine nonsense as referring to over a billion individuals as "robots." Anyone studying the ancient history of Asia will also, if one is willing to see clearly, see that individualism was as much a factor in the process of cultural, spiritual, and political development in the East as in the West.

Right now there are 5 of us who disagree with the OP.
If this thread were to continue to progress, there would soon be 10 of us who oppose the OP and be told their post are also ignorant nonsense.
Eventually there would be 15 of us who disagree with the OP.
And finally we would settle in with nature as 20 of us oppose the OP.
Unkotare would become so frustrated that he would tell us we are all ignorant robots.

Since Unkotare is myopic, he would miss the fact that he just falsified his own hypothesis.

Talk about irony. Nature wins again.

Forum List

Back