Individual mandate in trouble?

It's for overturning Unconstitutional laws. You would think anyone familiar with our system would know this.

LoneMoron thinks that if a law makes it to the President and he signs it, it is automatically Constitutional and the 'will of the people'.

Oh! How clever! LoneMoron! You might dispell the commonly held belief that nutters are unable to be funny. But, not with lame shit like that.

For you as well:

Supreme Court & Judicial Review

My tendency is to ask you why you think this a relevant site. Perhaps too tough a question? So tell me why you think an individual mandate is the answer.

It pretty much looks like this is going down. Mostly because the precedent is too dangerous. Once the government can mandate an individual pay for something the government wants, the sky is the limit. The question about mandating cell phones was a particularly interesting and observant one.

The Government lawyer said that was 'different.' Except, he could not explain why.

He quite easily explained why: because it is impossible to escape the market for health care. Saying you can "opt out" of health care makes as much sense as saying you can "opt out" of dying.

Except, you can opt out of health care.

I think the whole idea of 'health insurance' should be rewritten at it was over 40 years ago, to 'hospitalization' or 'catastrophic health insurance.' Stop the payouts and coverages on things people can afford, such as immunizations, sports and health physicals, eyeglasses, etc. Cover pregnancy and other expensive items. Hospital care in general and expensive out patient care like chemo or dialysis.

The deductibles can pretty much cover what should be covered, say $1k.

We could always also just get the government out of it and allow people to contract with insurance companies for coverge they want.

1) I dont think Obamacare will survive
2) That being said we need to reform health care
3) Neither party will want to fix the broken system we have now. Why? There's too much money to be made from sick people from the insurance companies. Ill begotten money drives this system which serves only the rich. We need class warfare here.
4) Create an individual law stating insurance companies MUST accept people with pre-existing conditions. If you do not accept that, you can NEVER say you are pro life.

Really? The stupidest reasoning you've ever heard in your life? Whoa!

Is the federal court system for overturning the will of the people?

It's for overturning Unconstitutional laws. You would think anyone familiar with our system would know this.

LoneMoron thinks that if a law makes it to the President and he signs it, it is automatically Constitutional and the 'will of the people'.

Then someone needs to tell the Court that they shouldnt have been striking down laws for the past 200+ years.

Then someone needs to tell the Court that they shouldnt have been striking down laws for the past 200+ years.

Then that would assume that the Court gave it an assignment to decide what is and isn't Constitutional...

And they did in Maubury Versus Madison.

Been a downhill slide ever since.

I think the whole idea of 'health insurance' should be rewritten at it was over 40 years ago, to 'hospitalization' or 'catastrophic health insurance.' Stop the payouts and coverages on things people can afford, such as immunizations, sports and health physicals, eyeglasses, etc. Cover pregnancy and other expensive items. Hospital care in general and expensive out patient care like chemo or dialysis.

The deductibles can pretty much cover what should be covered, say $1k.

We could always also just get the government out of it and allow people to contract with insurance companies for coverge they want.

Or....we could remove the profit motive from anything having to do with the health and wellness of our fellow humans........your god's children..........and place the burden for the health of our brothers and sisters on all of our shoulders.

He quite easily explained why: because it is impossible to escape the market for health care. Saying you can "opt out" of health care makes as much sense as saying you can "opt out" of dying.

Except, you can opt out of health care.

The loving, caring, benevolent christian says it all.

You really think you are forced to purchase healthcare? That you have no other choices?

In fact, there are Supreme Court cases stating that you can opt out of health care if you so choose. The rulings were made under the Due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

You seem to think that the loving thing is to force your viewpoints and solutions onto people. That's probably why you don't understand Christianity. The Gospel requires a willing heart and mind. You can't save people through the use of force. People have to make their own choices.

this case is a fucking slam dunk for the repeal...its so blatantly unconstitutional it makes me sad so much taxmoney is going into this court hearing. When it was passed the courts should have stopped it then...before the president signed it. Way to be asleep at the wheel, courts.

Or....we could remove the profit motive from anything having to do with the health and wellness of our fellow humans........your god's children..........and place the burden for the health of our brothers and sisters on all of our shoulders.

Slavery is unconstitutional. Sorry.

I all for it going down as long as we FORCE insurance companies to pick up the perons coverage if they do get sick. Good if they make less profit. This pre existing condition stuff? Those who say no I hope for their downfall. Pray for it.

Yes. Do you think you have trapped me or something? The law was passed by duly elected representatives of the people and signed by the duly elected President of the United States. They shouldn't even be hearing the case.

That's the stupidest reasoning I've ever heard in my life. Apparently, you haven't the slightest clue what federal court system is for. Idiot.

Really? The stupidest reasoning you've ever heard in your life? Whoa!

Is the federal court system for overturning the will of the people?

Federal Court is for upholding the Constitution and interpreting law.

this case is a fucking slam dunk for the repeal...its so blatantly unconstitutional it makes me sad so much taxmoney is going into this court hearing. When it was passed the courts should have stopped it then...before the president signed it. Way to be asleep at the wheel, courts.

Courts dont have the power to do that. It's outside their jurisdiction. They can't make a ruling unless a case or controversy is brought before them.

Forum List

Back