India’s Monsoon

you have to be stupid to NOT be concerned about agriculture thruout the world. It is more
important to the planet than is oil
:lol:

Without oil, modern agriculture would not exist. :slap:

alternate energy sources will solve the problem for india

Actually, clean energy will solve problems all across the world, not just in India.

so true---but India is the TEST CASE for solving the food supply issue.

you are an idiot

Can't handle the truth, I see.:banana2:
you are quite a joke-----you really imagine that I cannot "handle" the fact that densely populated slums harbor rats?

NO! not joking. The entire country of India is a rat harboring slum. Even their so called farmland. There's probably more rat shit in their harvest that edible food.

India has a rat problem -----SO?

Every country in the world has rat problem.

so true -----including the USA Rats is everywhere. I lived and worked in a major USA city--------sometimes I was traveling in the trains at nite--------rats as big as cats ran on the tracks. Rats ADAPT and the population thereof is growing faster than the populations of -----humanoids

you have to be stupid to NOT be concerned about agriculture thruout the world. It is more

Actually, clean energy will solve problems all across the world, not just in India.

I am not sure what do you mean by food supply issue but for your information, India exports all sorts of food. The land there is very fertile and most of is suitable for agriculture. The major issue there is infrastructure and not enough industrialization. That of course can benefit from alternate energy sources such as nuclear, solar, hydro, etc. Agriculture too can benefit from these alternate energy sources.

you are quite a joke-----you really imagine that I cannot "handle" the fact that densely populated slums harbor rats?

NO! not joking. The entire country of India is a rat harboring slum. Even their so called farmland. There's probably more rat shit in their harvest that edible food.

so true -----including the USA Rats is everywhere. I lived and worked in a major USA city--------sometimes I was traveling in the trains at nite--------rats as big as cats ran on the tracks. Rats ADAPT and the population thereof is growing faster than the populations of -----humanoids

Good point home girl!

Back to the topic.

I used to love playing in the monsoon rain when I was a kid. It used to be such a welcome respite from the scorching weather.

I am not sure what do you mean by food supply issue but for your information, India exports all sorts of food. The land there is very fertile and most of is suitable for agriculture. The major issue there is infrastructure and not enough industrialization. That of course can benefit from alternate energy sources such as nuclear, solar, hydro, etc. Agriculture too can benefit from these alternate energy sources.

I understand that India has excellent agricultural
potential and ----does export. I wish they would lower the price of coconut oil-----make it a staple oil in American kitchens------and the preferred oil for making French fries and the economy will TAKE OFF---------do not quote me-----I do not
understand economics------coconut oil is the NEW
FOOD FAD. --------also increase pepper and
all-spice production

No kidding, look how many registered democrats there are.

Changing monsoon pattern due to climate change...
icon_omg.gif

Climate change altering monsoon pattern: study
Sun, Jul 03, 2016 - Each year as temperatures rise across India, farmers look to the sky and pray for rain.
The all-important monsoon forecast becomes a national priority, with more than 70 percent of India’s 1.25 billion citizens engaged in agriculture and relying on weather predictions to decide when they will sow their seeds and harvest their crops. However, getting the forecast right remains a challenge, thanks to the complex — and still poorly understood — ways in which South Asia’s monsoon rains are influenced by everything from atmospheric and ocean temperatures to air quality and global climate trends. Even the amount of ice in Antarctica is suspected to have an impact. And it is only getting harder to figure out, scientists say, as the monsoon becomes increasingly erratic.

A new study released on Friday in the journal Science Advances helps clear up a bit of the mystery, by showing that human-induced climate change is responsible for most of the change seen in ocean surface temperatures near the equator across Asia, which in turn affect regional rainfall patterns including the Indian monsoon. By showing that link, the study indicates future ocean warming in the region, which could in turn increase the amount of rainfall during monsoons, strengthen cyclones and increase precipitation over East Asia. “This has important implications for understanding changes in rainfall patterns for a large, and vulnerable population across Asia,” said oceanographer Evan Weller, who led the research team while he was at Pohang University of Science and Technology in South Korea, before recently shifting to Monash University in Australia.

P04-160703-309.jpg

Indian school children play in a flooded street in Mumbai, India​

The study looks specifically at a mid-oceanic body called the Indo-Pacific Warm Pool, which holds some of the world’s warmest seawaters and spans the western Pacific Ocean to the eastern Indian Ocean. Scientists have long known that India’s monsoons are partly influenced by that warm pool. And they have known that the pool has been expanding — and warming — for decades. That expansion and warming have already caused some sea rise around islands in Asia. It was not entirely clear why the pool was changing, until now.

Weller and his team compared data observations with several climate models, and deduced that rising greenhouse gases along with aerosols and other atmospheric pollutants were the dominant cause of the pool’s warming and expansion over the past 60 years, though regional climate variations also had some effect. “This was not entirely surprising. We have long suspected climate change to be behind the changes, but no one had yet proven it,” Weller said. What they did not expect was to find that the western portion of the pool, near India, was expanding more than the eastern part in the Pacific. “We don’t really know why. We’ll try to figure that out next,” Weller said.

MORE

Forum List

Back