Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
“GAS TAXES ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO CONSERVE GASOLINE.”
“OKAY, I’LL BUY AN ELECTRIC CAR.”
“WE HAVE TO TAX YOUR ELECTRIC CAR SO WE WON’T LOSE GAS TAX REVENUE.”

Bonus:
“Additionally, Indiana may increase its gasoline tax by 10 cents a gallon. That would increase gas taxes for typical Indiana drivers by about $50 a year. Still, the plug-in vehicle fees reflect the issue many states are facing in regards to governments not being able to collect gas taxes from the growing inventory of plug-in vehicles.”

Indiana thinking about adding fees just for plug-in vehicles

Sound plan, they want to use it for roads and bridges....the little electric tinker toys use those roads and bridges. Fair is fair

We knew this was coming.
No different than the cigg tax,everyone quits because of the expense and the liberals decry the tax losses and they increase them somewhere else to maintain the income.

Bonus:
“Additionally, Indiana may increase its gasoline tax by 10 cents a gallon. That would increase gas taxes for typical Indiana drivers by about $50 a year. Still, the plug-in vehicle fees reflect the issue many states are facing in regards to governments not being able to collect gas taxes from the growing inventory of plug-in vehicles.”

Taxing is the tool of the spineless... always without representation

Bonus:

Yes, they should! Why? Well, why should they use the roads for free. we don't, do we? Also, they get a huge break on the car from the government, and it has been proven conclusively that the people who buy these cars in the upper middle class and above. They get a subsidy for buying a new car?!?!?!?!

What we need do is put all vehicles on a level playing field and ask America------>what do you wish to purchase? If someone wants an all electric without a subsidy, fine......then when they get their plates, make them pay the road taxes of an average driver. I mean, after all, "greenies need to pay their fairshare also, do they not? And if they don't, then aren't they getting something the rest of America can not!

Well, it kinda makes sense. Arent gas taxes usually used for infrastructure and such?

Forum List

Back