Indiana makes it legal to shoot cops who illegally enter your home

Why are you against homeowners protecting themselves?

Why are you for cops being killed for doing their job?

Screwig up is not doing their job. Their job is to get it right.
Again, why are you against homeowners protecting themselves?

I'm not against homeowners protecting themselves. I'm against people taking the law into their own hands. I'm guessing that most people having their home searched think they've done nothing wrong. It is not the job of a LEO to personally verify that a warrant is lawful. Warrants are signed by judges who make that call. If a warrant is found to be unlawful after the fact, then there are avenues for the homeowner to pursue. You are seriously ignorant about how the process works.

Last edited:
And about half of cops dont know the law very well either. It will sure make them think twice about executing a no knock warrant in the dark based on testimony of a very dodgy informant.

Agreed. It is possible that this law will make the cops perform due diligence on the warrant. Over all it is a good law.

Thanks.
Most LEOs (vast majority) are decent hard working guys trying to do the right thing and dealing with sleazeballs. There are a few jerk offs who think the badge is a license to do whatever they want. This law is aimed at them.

Oh stop with that "few bad apples" crapola. Cops are legalized thugs. 90% anyway.

I'm not against homeowners protecting themselves. I'm against people taking the law into their own hands. .

We need more people who take the law into their own hands. All the cops and judges and lawyers are crooks taking bribes on every case. There is no justice in what we laughingly call our "legal system".

Thanks.
Most LEOs (vast majority) are decent hard working guys trying to do the right thing and dealing with sleazeballs. There are a few jerk offs who think the badge is a license to do whatever they want. This law is aimed at them.

Oh stop with that "few bad apples" crapola. Cops are legalized thugs. 90% anyway.

Except for the 100% of them who show up when YOU need them.

If the warrant is wrong, it makes the cops entering the house entering the house illegally.

And in Indiana, they can be killed for that.

That is just wrong.

Yeah i suppose it is wrong, but so what.? Your god obama is killing innocent women and children in iraq every day and you don' t object. Well - i don't object if some stupid cop gets killed cause a judge screwed up.

This and the 'Stand Your Ground' Law!

Why don't we just simplify everything and legalize murder?

My advice:

Shoot now and worry about legalities later!

Why are you for cops being killed for doing their job?

Screwig up is not doing their job. Their job is to get it right.
Again, why are you against homeowners protecting themselves?

I'm not against homeowners protecting themselves. I'm against people taking the law into their own hands. I'm guessing that most people having their home searched think they've done nothing wrong. It is not the job of a LEO to personally verify that a warrant is lawful. Warrants are signed by judges who make that call. If a warrant is found to be unlawful after the fact, then there are avenues for the homeowner to pursue. You are seriously ignorant about how the process works.

I dont know what "taking the law into their own hands" means. Do you mean people should not be able to protect themselves?
People who have their homes searched with a valid warrant know they've screwed up.
We are not talking about a warrant that has some technical issue. We are talking about a case where the warrant or its execution was 100% mistaken, wrong house, wrong guy.
At 10PM are you going to wait to see whether that gang busting down your front door is a criminal gang or police officers making a mistake? Not me.

Wow. This is awful. All the OWS morons who think EVERYTHING a cop does is illegal will think shooting any cop when they come to their home is ok. They'll think every drug search warrant is "illegal" and think they can shoot the cops.

If I were an Indiana cop, my response time would be VERY extended, if I showed up at all. Fuck it, let the people fend for themselves.

If they have the warrant, it's legal and they can't shoot them, but you go ahead and twist it anyway you want.

Cops don't respond much here anyway unless you tell them you have a gun. Otherwise, they'll just let the badguys break into your home and kill you.

Not so long ago a woman called 911 and told them her husband was coming over to kill her. She had a restraining order against him. They told her they couldn't do anything until he got there. Of course she and most of her family were dead when the cops finally did show up. That's why if I ever call 911, I'm hanging up and not saying a word. Then they have to respond immediately.

The law seems fine. Too many people with badges think it makes them above the law.

If I remember correctly from Criminal Justice class, if a cop is acting on a warrant that he or she believes is valid, that cop is still acting lawfully. How does this law cover that?

Why are people worried about cops who are not breaking the law being a hurt by a law that has nothing to do with cops who are not breaking a law? Do they not understand what illegal means?

By the way, this law does not authorize deadly force against police, it just prevents them from arresting you for not allowing them to break into your house when they do not have a warrant or probable cause, and they know they don't.

It's not hard to understand. If an unlawful warrant is being executed, chances are, the LEO executing the warrant is unaware that it is flawed and therefore, unlawful. It is not the job of a LEO serving a warrant to personally verify that the warrant is entirely valid. A warrant is signed by a judge after its contents are sworn to be valid by two witnesses in front of said judge. The warrant is then executed by whatever LEO gets the job.

Tell you what, once you start from the laws as they actually exist we can talk. The laws, as they actually exist, say that it is not illegal for a police officer to serve a flawed warrant. The laws, as they actually exist, say that it is lawful for a citizen to use force to resist a police officer illegally entering a house.

Get back to me when you understand that.

Why are people worried about cops who are not breaking the law being a hurt by a law that has nothing to do with cops who are not breaking a law? Do they not understand what illegal means?

By the way, this law does not authorize deadly force against police, it just prevents them from arresting you for not allowing them to break into your house when they do not have a warrant or probable cause, and they know they don't.

It's not hard to understand. If an unlawful warrant is being executed, chances are, the LEO executing the warrant is unaware that it is flawed and therefore, unlawful. It is not the job of a LEO serving a warrant to personally verify that the warrant is entirely valid. A warrant is signed by a judge after its contents are sworn to be valid by two witnesses in front of said judge. The warrant is then executed by whatever LEO gets the job.

Tell you what, once you start from the laws as they actually exist we can talk. The laws, as they actually exist, say that it is not illegal for a police officer to serve a flawed warrant. The laws, as they actually exist, say that it is lawful for a citizen to use force to resist a police officer illegally entering a house.

Yeah, I understand it well enough. It's called the 'good faith exception'.

Good Faith Exception to Exclusionary Rule | LII / Legal Information Institute

An exception to the exclusionary rule barring the use at trial of evidence obtained pursuant to an unlawful search and seizure. If officers had reasonable, good faith belief that they were acting according to legal authority, such as by relying on a search warrant that is later found to have been legally defective, the illegally seized evidence is admissible. See also Fourth Amendment .

Ok I havent read this thread, are the liberals taking the side of cops? or gun owners? this is going to be AWESOME!

Yeah, I understand it well enough. It's called the 'good faith exception'.

Good Faith Exception to Exclusionary Rule | LII / Legal Information Institute

An exception to the exclusionary rule barring the use at trial of evidence obtained pursuant to an unlawful search and seizure. If officers had reasonable, good faith belief that they were acting according to legal authority, such as by relying on a search warrant that is later found to have been legally defective, the illegally seized evidence is admissible. See also Fourth Amendment .

So, the only reason anyone would have to think this law would let people kill cops who serve a bad warrant is they are complete and utter idiots?

Good to know.

Forum List

Back