Indiana Governor signs bill allowing citizens to kill cops that enter illegally

I have great respect for the LEO community and wanted to be one, but spent my viable hero-work days in the Navy. There have been lots of police eff-ups in the past few years. A cop killed a woman in Culpeper, VA a few weeks ago that so far looks like a bad shooting. The mayor of a small town in Maryland had his front door breached and his two dogs shot to death. Cops got the wrong address on a drug warrant. The mayor, please.

I think they do a great job in a difficult environment but the profession overall has declined maybe due to diluted job entry requirements. Nevertheless, I'm not sure this law does much good for the cops or the public.

Last edited:
About this law - In theory, I like it - as the anti-establishment pseudo-anarchist that I am.

In the real world though, this is a recipe for disaster. People will needlessly die.

cops will learn their lesson after the first couple times.

maybe they will think twice before no-knocking at the wrong house or acting like assholes (their normal mode of operation) on other people's property
The criminals are assholes. Cops doing their jobs, live with it or stop commiting crimes. Thugs suck.

About this law - In theory, I like it - as the anti-establishment pseudo-anarchist that I am.

In the real world though, this is a recipe for disaster. People will needlessly die.

cops will learn their lesson after the first couple times.

maybe they will think twice before no-knocking at the wrong house or acting like assholes (their normal mode of operation) on other people's property

Or perhaps they will come in ready to shoot at the first person they see that is not face first on the ground?

Immie

Absolutely and this will follow the law. The law of unintended consequences.

tbh, with the police brutality and all of these dirty cops everywhere, it finally puts some power back into the citizens.

If You See Something, Film Something (Recording The Police is Dangerous, but Necessary!) - YouTube

North Port man arrested for videotaping police - WWSB ABC 7 MySuncoast Florida

Student Charged After Taking Cop Photos

Not to forget countless unwarranted searches.

I'm 60 years old. I've known a good many policemen in my lifetime personally. Just where are all of these "dirty" cops and those that abuse their authority? Maybe I've led a sheltered life but I've never encountered any of them.

Sheltered life.... or just law abiding.

tbh, with the police brutality and all of these dirty cops everywhere, it finally puts some power back into the citizens.

If You See Something, Film Something (Recording The Police is Dangerous, but Necessary!) - YouTube

North Port man arrested for videotaping police - WWSB ABC 7 MySuncoast Florida

Student Charged After Taking Cop Photos

Not to forget countless unwarranted searches.

I'm 60 years old. I've known a good many policemen in my lifetime personally. Just where are all of these "dirty" cops and those that abuse their authority? Maybe I've led a sheltered life but I've never encountered any of them.

I think back to Cambridge....."police acted stupidly"

If that professor showed his ID there would have been no issue. He made it an issue becuase he didnt want the police to do their job.

I wonder what the professor would have said if this happened...

A man breaks into his home while he is away. The neighbor calls the cops and they knock on the door. A man answers the door and says "I lost my key and thus why I had to break in." The police understand, ask for ID and he refuses. The police, NOT WANTING A CONFRONTATION, decide to believe his story and leave.

The professor comes home to an empty house...all of his belongings gone. The neighbor tells him the police showed up but they did not insist on seeing the persons ID who claimed to be him.

My guess?

The professor would have thrown a fit; likely sued the police department...and the President, if asked, would have said the police acted stupidly.

Am I wrong?

If that professor showed his ID there would have been no issue. He made it an issue becuase he didnt want the police to do their job.

A man breaks into his home while he is away. The neighbor calls the cops and they knock on the door. A man answers the door and says "I lost my key and thus why I had to break in." The police understand, ask for ID and he refuses. The police, NOT WANTING A CONFRONTATION, decide to believe his story and leave.

The professor comes home to an empty house...all of his belongings gone. The neighbor tells him the police showed up but they did not insist on seeing the persons ID who claimed to be him.

My guess?

The professor would have thrown a fit; likely sued the police department...and the President, if asked, would have said the police acted stupidly.

Am I wrong?

You're right. I have a lot of respect for LEOs. They do a difficult job in difficult circumstances - and they get paid shit... and they risk their lives doing it. Naturally, not all police officers are good cops but most of them are. I give them the benefit of the doubt.

My guess?

Am I wrong?

You're right. I have a lot of respect for LEOs. They do a difficult job in difficult circumstances - and they get paid shit... and they risk their lives doing it. Naturally, not all police officers are good cops but most of them are. I give them the benefit of the doubt.

People lie, the Badge does not change that.

Forum List

Back