Indian Muslims - An Oppressed Minority

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Indian Muslims experiance terrible prejudice all over India.

Although they are 13.5% of the population. Indian Muslims are oppressed in every area of life.

They are treated as less than second class citizens.

They are denied government jobs and entrance into universities.

Many have had to change their names to Hindu names just to survive and get a job.

Indian Muslims suffer prejudice in every area of life because of the policies of the Hindu dominated government.

Muslims

Although they are 13.5% of the population. Indian Muslims are oppressed in every area of life.

Many have had to change their names to Hindu names just to survive and get a job.

Indian Muslims suffer prejudice in every area of life because of the policies of the Hindu dominated government.

Muslims

If they think like you, I can see why.

Muslims

Wasn't that the reason behind creating East and West Pakistan to begin with?

When Nazi Germany took over my families country in Europe, they left. After the war when they wanted better opportunities and to be able to reap the rewards of their labor, they left. They went to a new land and when they got off that boat in NYC all they had to their name was desire and principals!

Am I justifying discrimination? No. But, when a person does not exercise their options, but still chooses to complain or even worse, commit a crime, they get no sympathy from me.

India's Muslims in Crisis

The roots of Muslim rage run deep in India, nourished by a long-held sense of injustice over what many Indian Muslims believe is institutionalized discrimination against the country's largest minority group. The disparities between Muslims, who make up 13.4% of the population, and India's Hindus, who hover at around 80%, are striking. There are exceptions, of course, but generally speaking, Muslim Indians have shorter life spans, worse health, lower literacy levels and lower-paying jobs. Add to that toxic brew the lingering resentment over 2002's anti-Muslim riots in the state of Gujarat. The riots, instigated by Hindu nationalists, killed some 2,000 people, most of them Muslims. To this day, few of the perpetrators have been convicted. (See pictures of the terrorist shootings in Mumbai.)

The huge gap between Muslims and Hindus will continue to haunt India's — and neighboring Pakistan's — progress toward peace and prosperity. But before intercommunal relations can improve, there are even bigger problems that must first be worked out: the schism in subcontinental Islam and the religion's place and role in modern India and Pakistan. It is a crisis 150 years in the making.

The Beginning of the Problem
On the afternoon of March 29, 1857, Mangal Pandey, a handsome, mustachioed soldier in the East India Company's native regiment, attacked his British lieutenant. His hanging a week later sparked a subcontinental revolt known to Indians as the first war of independence and to the British as the Sepoy Mutiny. Retribution was swift, and though Pandey was a Hindu, it was the subcontinent's Muslims, whose Mughal King nominally held power in Delhi, who bore the brunt of British rage. The remnants of the Mughal Empire were dismantled, and 500 years of Muslim supremacy on the subcontinent came to a halt.

Muslim society in India collapsed. The British imposed English as the official language. The impact was cataclysmic. Muslims went from near 100% literacy to 20% within a half-century. The country's educated Muslim élite was effectively blocked from administrative jobs in the government. Between 1858 and 1878, only 57 out of 3,100 graduates of Calcutta University — then the center of South Asian education — were Muslims. While discrimination by both Hindus and the British played a role, it was as if the whole of Muslim society had retreated to lick its collective wounds.

www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1862650,00.

Wasn't that the reason behind creating East and West Pakistan to begin with?

No, what you don't understand is that Muslims must live in every country and every country must bend over backwards for the Muslims and treat them like royalty. Muslims don't just move into one country, they invade it. They reproduce like fucking rabbits... they have at least 7 or 8 kids per household and live in poverty, sucking the government dry of resources. Then those 7 or 8 kids have 7 or 8 more kids and within a few generations, that country must separate territory for the Muslims to live in because the Muslims have a holy right to live there... and if they don't do it, well you saw 9/11, right?

The time for religious tolerance of Muslims is over.

It's unfortunate the Crusaders didn't finish the job.
One thing about the Muslims is that they don't give up.

I really admire their tenacity

The Paletinian muslims have been at it for 60 years and will go another 60 if that's what it takes.

It took the Muslims 300 years to expell the Crusaders from their lands.

They never quit till they achieved their goal.

Last edited:
With 1.1 Billion muslims in the world and growing.

It looks like you have your work cut out for you DavidS!!! :lol:

Growing because they are breading like rabbits and not because any sensible person is becoming one. The lunatic fringe have pushed the religion in to the minds of most normal people as nothing but an extremist cult.

One thing about the Muslims is that they don't give up.

I really admire their tenacity

The Paletinian muslims have been at it for 60 years and will go another 60 if that's what it takes.

It took the Muslims 300 years to expell the Crusaders from their lands.

They never quit till they achieved their goal.

And that goal is to murder the followers of every other religion....

Muslims

Now tell us they did not just butcher all those innocent people in India, that it was secretly the Mossad at work.

Now tell us they did not just butcher all those innocent people in India, that it was secretly the Mossad at work.

If there is any conflict or war anywhere in the world.

Someway, somehow, Israel is behind the scenes and responsible.

All a person has to do is dig deep enough and Mossad will always be shown to be involved.

American don't realize this, but people all over the world suffer because of the evil workings of the Zionist fascists who rule Israel.

If there is any conflict or war anywhere in the world.

Someway, somehow, Israel is behind the scenes and responsible.

All a person has to do is dig deep enough and Mossad will always be shown to be involved.

American don't realize this, but people all over the world suffer because of the evil workings of the Zionist fascists who rule Israel.

Can you actually make any of those connections for us, Sunni?

If not then you are just talking though your turbin.

It's unfortunate the Crusaders didn't finish the job.

Hey, David, too bad the Nazis didn't finish the job either, eh? What a shame. You and me, we should finish what these lazy bastards started and murder EVERYBODY.

Oh, are there repercussions against saying that??? Sorry, I forgot you can only advocate genocide against people 'we' don't like. = (

It is true that Muslims in India are an oppressed minority. There is a pretty violent Hindu Supremacist movement and their main target are Muslims. One of the major parties, the BJP, is basically filled with them. A well known case is the Gujarat Riots.

The point is not to say "They deserve it." In what kind of mindset does that fit in? IT'S 2008 FOR CHRISSAKES. The point is to condemn discrimination wherever it is. Right? Isn't that something most people can agree with? Oppression against others in Muslim states do not warrant oppression against Muslims (or anyone) in other states. It warrants wholesale condemnation of oppression on both sides.

The people who perpetrate terrorist attacks, like the ones in Mumbai, are criminals and society should punish them. But oppressing an ethnic group ONLY has the possibility of making matters worse. Extremists don't speak for a whole population- That is why they're called EXTREMISTS. All oppression does is fuel extremism, and that is why it is so dangerous.

ahhh history..when does it begin....so much water under the bridge...the riots the massacres....sabra and shatila not one of the prouder moments of israel...i am not a zionist...does that make me an anti semite...i dont think so....i still think the men of the uss liberty were telling the truth.....odd how we are all rah rah to support our troops until the uss liberty is mentioned

o hell why leave it to just the jews and the islamics...lets drag in some more history and truth.... phalanges who did the dirty work for the jews where what...christians...hell i am sure somewhere in the damn mix was a pagan or two...

Forum List

Back