Indian gang rape victim has died

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
India Gang-Rape Victim Dies In Singapore Hospital

SINGAPORE — An Indian woman who was gang-raped and beaten on a bus in New Delhi died Saturday at a Singapore hospital, after her ordeal galvanized Indians to demand greater protection for women from sexual violence that impacts thousands of them every day.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said he was aware of the emotions the attack has stirred and that it was up to all Indians to ensure that the young woman's death will not have been in vain.

The victim "passed away peacefully" with her family and officials of the Indian Embassy by her side, Dr. Kevin Loh, the chief executive of Mount Elizabeth hospital, said in a statement.

Never discussed or considered is the long term effects of rape or abuse. There are many people who live only half a life because of what they were able to survive.

This poor girl - how I wish her torture and death could mean something but we have always had and will always have rape.

amd-anti-rape-condom-jpg.jpg

Sadly this is what happens when women are viewed worthless and less then second class citizens.

This was more than a rape, "the men also beat the couple and inserted an iron rod into the woman's body, resulting in severe organ damage."

What I find more egregious is that women are often blamed for the rape or the police and prosecutors do not pursue complaints as they should.

SINGAPORE — An Indian woman who was gang-raped and beaten on a bus in New Delhi died Saturday at a Singapore hospital, after her ordeal galvanized Indians to demand greater protection for women from sexual violence that impacts thousands of them every day.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said he was aware of the emotions the attack has stirred and that it was up to all Indians to ensure that the young woman's death will not have been in vain.

The victim "passed away peacefully" with her family and officials of the Indian Embassy by her side, Dr. Kevin Loh, the chief executive of Mount Elizabeth hospital, said in a statement.

Never discussed or considered is the long term effects of rape or abuse. There are many people who live only half a life because of what they were able to survive.

This poor girl - how I wish her torture and death could mean something but we have always had and will always have rape.

omg...what that poor woman had to endure...I can not even begin to fathom the horror that poor thing went through.

Seperately, there was a story (which was included in this one) I had read earlier this evening at the HuffPost about another Indian girl that had been gang raped-and then pressured by POLICE officers to accept the rape and actually marry one of the men that had raped her.
I was completely dumbfounded when I read that...I did not even know how to respond to it...as I still can not wrap my head around it even now.

omg...what that poor woman had to endure...I can not even begin to fathom the horror that poor thing went through.

Seperately, there was a story (which was included in this one) I had read earlier this evening at the HuffPost about another Indian girl that had been gang raped-and then pressured by POLICE officers to accept the rape and actually marry one of the men that had raped her.
I was completely dumbfounded when I read that...I did not even know how to respond to it...as I still can not wrap my head around it even now.

Apparently is some parts of India it is customary to marry the rapist. In one case the village elders and police were attempting "settle" the situation, "the police told her family that, because they were poor, they would not be able to fight the matter in court. “They kept putting pressure on my family to take money or marry the accused or just somehow settle the matter,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/29/w...ns-for-victim-of-gang-rape-in-india.html?_r=0

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the horror of her final hours. The scum who did this to her must be brought to justice.

Apparently is some parts of India it is customary to marry the rapist. In one case the village elders and police were attempting "settle" the situation, "the police told her family that, because they were poor, they would not be able to fight the matter in court. “They kept putting pressure on my family to take money or marry the accused or just somehow settle the matter,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/29/w...ns-for-victim-of-gang-rape-in-india.html?_r=0

Oh I know how other women, especially the poor, are treated in certain cultures...even if it is 'customary' to marry her rapist, it still does not make it 'ok' for that to be forced upon any human woman from any country or province therein.

Last edited:

Oh I know how other women, especially the poor, are treated in certain cultures...even if it is 'customary' to marry her rapist, it still does not make it 'ok' for that to be forced upon any human woman from any country or province therein.

I am not condoning this "custom". The custom itself is barbaric and apparently rape is against the law in India. The authorities need to enforce the law and the "culture" will change accordingly.

I am not condoning this "custom". The custom itself is barbaric and apparently rape is against the law in India. The authorities need to enforce the law and the "culture" will change accordingly.

I know you don't Connery..I never thought otherwise...and I completely agree with you. But, the sad part is that this will continue to be.. as long as the men in India, and in any other country (police officers included) call the shots according to the their religious customs.
It's heartbreaking...

I know you don't Connery..I never thought otherwise...and I completely agree with you. But, the sad part is that this will continue to be.. as long as the men in India, and in any other country (police officers included) call the shots according to the their religious customs.
It's heartbreaking...

It is up to the officials to enforce the law. Currently, it is open season on females in India. This is unconscionable. Where do these men come from...one would think they had mothers, sisters and or daughters. By their behavior they would find it acceptable to have these crimes committed on thew females they love.

It's heartbreaking...

It is up to the officials to enforce the law. Currently, it is open season on females in India. This is unconscionable. Where do these men come from...one would think they had mothers, sisters and or daughters. By their behavior they would find it acceptable to have these crimes committed on thew females they love.

Man, what's with wrong with you and people like you who go all day around and talk about other countries rather than address your own issues here in America? You make it sound as if you're the world example for morals, bullshit, look at what happens here in America and when you straighten that up then go ahead and claim moral superiority to other people and quit doing the same garbage and blaming people's cultures and religous customs you coward. As if they allow that. No it isn't their religous customs. Would you like it if someone said mass shootings are part of America's culture and religous customs?

Fucking savages. They are not even animals. Calling them that would be insulting our furry creatures a few steps down the food chain.

It's heartbreaking...

Man, what's with wrong with you and people like you who go all day around and talk about other countries rather than address your own issues here in America? You make it sound as if you're the world example for morals, bullshit, look at what happens here in America and when you straighten that up then go ahead and claim moral superiority to other people and quit doing the same garbage and blaming people's cultures and religous customs you coward. As if they allow that. No it isn't their religous customs. Would you like it if someone said mass shootings are part of America's culture and religous customs?

Well, outside of the "religious" part -- they are. Let's face it. Your points are well taken but carry it through: if we're to address issues here in the US, then let's start by admitting where we are. Mass shootings is part of our customs. That's undeniable at this point.

====================

Thanks OP for the update. I heard about this when it happened. I can't even think about it without feeling nauseous. I'd like to see the men who did this sentenced to be castrated and put into slavery for six thousand years. For the woman I hate to say it but it's probably best that she died and doesn't have to go through a hideous life that she never deserved.

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the horror of her final hours. The scum who did this to her must be brought to justice.

No, they will never face justice. The only justice available is street justice.
Not every nation is as enlightened as those in the First World.

New Topics

Forum List

Back