Indian Fisherman shot dead by Sri Lankan Navy; fishermen protest in Tamil Nadu

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The 22-year-old Indian fisherman was shot dead yesterday allegedly by the Lankan Navy personnel while he was fishing in a mechanised boat at a short distance off Katchatheevu islet.

The protesting fishermen have refused to accept the body of the fisherman unless a central minister visits the island and gives them an assurance that such incidents would not happen again, Rameswaram Fishermen Association President S Emiret said.

The fishermen have also demanded the arrest of the Lankan navy men involved in the incident, he said. The fishermen alleged that there was no proper coordination between Lankan and Indian officials on the issue of fishermen fishing in the Palk Strait. They demanded the release of all Indian fishermen arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy and also the boats seized by them.
Indian Fisherman shot dead by Sri Lankan Navy; fishermen protest in Tamil Nadu | Free Press Journal

I don't see an apology coming.

You should do research on how many fishing ships that have been attacked by the Chinese near all those islands they created in international waters!

And I agree I do not see an apology coming!

The 22-year-old Indian fisherman was shot dead yesterday allegedly by the Lankan Navy personnel while he was fishing in a mechanised boat at a short distance off Katchatheevu islet.

The protesting fishermen have refused to accept the body of the fisherman unless a central minister visits the island and gives them an assurance that such incidents would not happen again, Rameswaram Fishermen Association President S Emiret said.

The fishermen have also demanded the arrest of the Lankan navy men involved in the incident, he said. The fishermen alleged that there was no proper coordination between Lankan and Indian officials on the issue of fishermen fishing in the Palk Strait. They demanded the release of all Indian fishermen arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy and also the boats seized by them.
Indian Fisherman shot dead by Sri Lankan Navy; fishermen protest in Tamil Nadu | Free Press Journal

Was he over his limit of fish?

Was he over his limit of fish?

That's only an American thing.

Was he working on a new technology for Microsoft?

Forum List

Back